X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
    I suppose if Tottenham do win the League, there is the consolation that they will be the least popular champions of all time.
    Depends on how you define popular!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Depends on how you define popular!
      As a measure?

Arsene Wenger.

But I realise that is my own individual definition.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

I suppose if Tottenham do win the League, there is the consolation that they will be the least popular champions of all time.
        In the provinces, perhaps. But not here in north London!!!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
          It depends how you define North London.

I define it as Arsene Wenger.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post

Have you switched allegiance?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Football latest

Leicester City 1 Newcastle United 0 Forum derby,Foxes scored in the 1st half,now 5 points clear,much improved Toon had chances and maybe deserved a point
              Brighton 1 Reading 0 Winner in the 1st half,unbeaten in 6 home games,up to 2nd place after Hull dropped points
              Newport County 0 Hartlepool United 0 Now unbeaten in 3 games and 8 points clear of the drop zone with games in hand
              Hemel Hempstead Town 1 Chelmsford City 1 Took the lead in the 1st half via an OG,heading for victory until conceding a 94th minute equaliser
              Truro City 3 Bath City 1 Behind at the break to a very early goal,scored 3 goals in the last 28 mins,up to 4th place

Champions League

Barcelona 3 Arsenal 1 (Agg 5-1) Punished by that front 3,6th straight last 16 exit from the competition,perhaps Wenger needs to spend some of the £200 million (?) they have in the bank this summer

Scottish Cup

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Hibernian 2 The holders are out,0-2 down at half time,pulled one back on 77 mins

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                Football latest

Leicester City 1 Newcastle United 0 Forum derby,Foxes scored in the 1st half,now 5 points clear,much improved Toon had chances and maybe deserved a point
                Brighton 1 Reading 0 Winner in the 1st half,unbeaten in 6 home games,up to 2nd place after Hull dropped points
                Newport County 0 Hartlepool United 0 Now unbeaten in 3 games and 8 points clear of the drop zone with games in hand
                Hemel Hempstead Town 1 Chelmsford City 1 Took the lead in the 1st half via an OG,heading for victory until conceding a 94th minute equaliser
                Truro City 3 Bath City 1 Behind at the break to a very early goal,scored 3 goals in the last 28 mins,up to 4th place

Champions League

Barcelona 3 Arsenal 1 (Agg 5-1) Punished by that front 3,6th straight last 16 exit from the competition,perhaps Wenger needs to spend some of the £200 million (?) they have in the bank this summer

Scottish Cup

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Hibernian 2 The holders are out,0-2 down at half time,pulled one back on 77 mins
                Oh!

All very predictable (Arsenal) and to be frank I had to focus on music so as not to hear anything in the media about the budget.
                Last edited by Lat-Literal; 17-03-16, 10:40.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Oh!

All very predictable and to be frank I had to focus on music so as not to hear anything in the media about the budget.
                  What budget ?

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    What budget ?
                    Exactly.

The problem is I get attached to things.

I had six weeks solid of Talksport and nothing else and now its Hildegard of Bingen.

Which is fine as long as it isn't Parliament which appears everywhere these days except Radio 4 Extra.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Sorry guys,not had time to look up match reports and such today
                      So pick the bones out of ......................

Thursday,Europa League last 16

Manchester United 1 Liverpool 1 (Agg 1-3) Forum derby,killer Liverpool equaliser right on half time.

Today
                      Everton 0 Arsenal 2
                      Chelsea 2 West Ham United 2
                      Crystal Palace 0 Leicester City 1 Forum derby
                      franchise fc 1 Brighton 2
                      Sheffield Wednesday 3 Charlton Athletic 0
                      Coventry City 0 Swindon Town 0
                      Newport County 1 Bristol Rovers 4
                      Wimbledon 2 York City 1 Forum derby
                      Crawley Town 0 Hartlepool United 0
                      Wrexham 3 Chester 0
                      Hednesford Town 1 Stockport County 2
                      Eastbourne Borough 2 Chelmsford City 0
                      Maidenhead United 0 Truro City 0
                      Hamilton 1 Partick Thistle 2
                      Ross County 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3
                      Livingston 2 St Mirren 3
                      East Stirlingshire 2 Clyde 4

FA Vase.semi final,2nd leg

Salisbury 1 Hereford 2 (Agg 1-3) Bulls at Wembley

Newcastle,Southampton,Liverpool,Manchester United and Bornemouth play tomorrow

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks ER, appreciated as always.

County are on a good run, play offs out of the question?

Forum derby at SMS tomorrow, I'll be there , lets hope the Saints do better than the last home game against 'pool.

can't believe how involved I am getting with Leicesters results.
                        Another great day,lets hope bompey do the decent thing tomorrow, and take some points away from WHL.
                        I wonder how many points Alison feels will be enough to do it ?

I'm thinking 3 wins 2 draws might be enough.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Forum derby at SMS tomorrow, I'll be there , lets hope the Saints do better than the last home game against 'pool.

Another great day,lets hope bompey do the decent thing tomorrow, and take some points away from WHL.

Play offs certainly not out of the question ts.
                          Next 2 games North Ferriby and Fylde and we need a few other results to go our way

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Hopefully the omens are good, ts. The real Saints and the kid-on Sainties up here both managed good results yesterday, so perhaps you can manage a wee 3-pointer tomorrow. We went ahead twice and got pegged back before managing the winner. 13 points for Leicester must surely be enough unless Arsenal suddenly go off on one...the foxes are really grinding it out - four 1-0 wins in the last 5 games. Long may it continue. And glad to see Hereford heading for Wemberlee...looks like the trophy cabinet key might need to be handy, Rob; or is that tempting fate?

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

I am more used to computing relegation survival outcomes.

Still fearful of a blip at some point (v Saints at King Power?).

Moral support from buddies on here much appreciated!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                I am more used to computing relegation survival outcomes.

Moral support from buddies on here much appreciated!
                                Well you can afford a blip, Alison. Spurs have a much more difficult run-in and I don't see them making their maximum point possibility (82)...on the off-chance that they could get there Foxes would need 17 points (5 wins, 2 draws). Slightly more likely given a pretty straightforward run-in is that Arsenal could get to a maximum 79 points which would leave Leicester needing 14 points (4 wins, 2 draws). An Arsenal run is more likely...they have finished strongly in the past and their games are more straightforward on paper. I ruled Citeh out because of the Champs League, and they have shown no sign of going on a run but they could in theory get to 78 points though they still have Arsenal to play.
                                But really, Alison, Claudio will just be telling the team to keep enjoying themselves.

As for the Budds, we're just counting the points to mid-table mediocrity.

Comment

Working...
                                X