• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Wright
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Saturday 2nd Jan
    Crewe Alexandra 0 Coventry City 5 Super away day,4-0 up at half time,closing in on the top 2
    Yes Rob, it really is looking good for Coventry this season especially as we look like holding onto most of the loan players who have done so well.

Big game on Tuesday this week, against Walsall. A win: we go 2nd in the table.
    - - -

John W

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
      • Apr 2007

It was a cracking cup tie Alison.
      Never a penalty IMV,and the TV pundits were of the same opinion
      Hate to disagree with the pundits and so many forum cognoscenti but I think the ref got it right. The ball may have hit his hand by accident and maybe he didn't see where the ball was, but even if so I'm pretty sure he gave it a deliberate extra push once he felt it hit his hand.

The hand made a definite extra movement through the ball!
      I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
        Hate to disagree with the pundits and so many forum cognoscenti but I think the ref got it right. The ball may have hit his hand by accident and maybe he didn't see where the ball was, but even if so I'm pretty sure he gave it a deliberate extra push once he felt it hit his hand.

The hand made a definite extra movement through the ball!
        I think it was harsh but what do I know about football,I support Stockport County

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
          ........The hand made a definite extra movement through the ball!
          That's what I saw.

And the ref got it right, IMV.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Aston Villa 1 Crystal Palace 0 Goalkeeper's 2nd half blunder led to the goal and an unexpected defeat
            Bournemouth 1 West Ham 3 Leading at the break,conceded 3 in 17 2nd half mins
            Chelsea 2 West Brom 2 Blues led twice,conceded the 2nd equaliser on 86 mins
            Liverpool 3 Arsenal 3 Reds led twice but were level at the break then scored a last min equaliser
            Newcastle United 3 Manchester United 3 Forum derby,Reds were 2-0 and 3-2 up before conceding in the last min
            Southampton 2 Watford 0 Goals in each half secured only a 2nd win in 9 games
            Spurs 0 Leicester City 1 Foxes 1st goal in their last 4 league games earned the win
            Rotherham United 2 Brighton 0 Goals at the end of each half,poor run continues
            Sheffield Wednesday 3 Bolton 2 Pegged back twice after leading,scored the winner on 77 mins,still can't get into the top 6
            Coventry City 1 Walsall 1 Heading for 3 points and 2nd place until conceding a late equaliser

In other news Stockport County are managerless again

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Aston Villa 1 Crystal Palace 0 Goalkeeper's 2nd half blunder led to the goal and an unexpected defeat
              Bournemouth 1 West Ham 3 Leading at the break,conceded 3 in 17 2nd half mins
              Chelsea 2 West Brom 2 Blues led twice,conceded the 2nd equaliser on 86 mins
              Liverpool 3 Arsenal 3 Reds led twice but were level at the break then scored a last min equaliser
              Newcastle United 3 Manchester United 3 Forum derby,Reds were 2-0 and 3-2 up before conceding in the last min
              Southampton 2 Watford 0 Goals in each half secured only a 2nd win in 9 games
              Spurs 0 Leicester City 1 Foxes 1st goal in their last 4 league games earned the win
              Rotherham United 2 Brighton 0 Goals at the end of each half,poor run continues
              Sheffield Wednesday 3 Bolton 2 Pegged back twice after leading,scored the winner on 77 mins,still can't get into the top 6
              Coventry City 1 Walsall 1 Heading for 3 points and 2nd place until conceding a late equaliser

In other news Stockport County are managerless again
              Hopefully somebody better on the way in at Edgeley park ?

Well done to the Foxes,mabsolutely astonishing.
              What a good signing Huth was. Proper centre half.

A wet night at SMS,but Saints fans very relieved to see a really good performance turn into 3 points.
              Shane Long must have run about 15 miles tonight.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Well done to the Foxes,mabsolutely astonishing.
                What a good signing Huth was. Proper centre half.

A wet night at SMS,but Saints fans very relieved to see a really good performance turn into 3 points.
                Shane Long must have run about 15 miles tonight.
                Very good performances from Saints and Leicester from what I saw on the highlights last night. I like Huth too, ts. Every team needs a player like that. Wish we had one of them.

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

I see the signing of Huth as one of the real turning points in Leicester's transformation. Well done Nigel Pearson!

I had that rare intuitive feeling that Spurs wouldn't score last night and was able to make a few quid at the bookies.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Nice one cloughers

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Nice one cloughers
                        You too, Anton - broadening the gap from the brink - and you've got a few games in hand!

At last we've tucked into the top 6!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          You too, Anton - broadening the gap from the brink - and you've got a few games in hand!

At last we've tucked into the top 6!

seems to have been a long haul, both this season, and over many seasons.

I see Nige has the blades, ( sorry cloughie) on a good run too. Billy scoring for fun.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Goals galore in the snow

Bournemouth 3 Norwich City 0 Easy 3 points and a debut goal for £10m Afobe
                            Chelsea 3 Everton 3 From 2-0 and 3-2 down,98th min controversial Terry equaliser
                            *** **** 4 Crystal Palace 0 Lacklustre Eagles display,well beaten
                            Newcastle United 2 West Ham United 1 Toon scored twice in the opening 15 mins and held on to move out of the bottom 3
                            Southampton 3 West Brom 0 Easy win,Saints form improving with back to back wins,and Austin is a good addition
                            Aston Villa 1 Leicester City 1 Missed a penalty but the point takes the Foxes back to the top
                            Sheffield Wednesday 2 Leeds United 0 Both goals early in the 2nd half Owls in the top 6 at last
                            Blackburn Rovers 0 Brighton 1 Very early goal secured a 1st win in 8 league games
                            Coventry City 0 Burton Albion 2 Defensive error led to the 1st goal,remain in 4th place
                            Wimbledon 3 Mansfield Town 1 Behind at the break 2 goals in the last 12 mins sealed the win,just outside the play off places
                            Hartlepool United 1 Wycombe Wanderers 0 A good win against the promotion chasing team,6 points above the drop zone
                            York City 0 Newport County 1 Conceded the goal on 8 mins remain at the bottom of the league
                            Stockport County 1 Nuneaton 1 Went behind on 22 mins,equalised with 4 mins left,much improved display and maybe deserved a win
                            Margate 4 Chelmsford City 1 Conceded 2 pens in the opening 15 mins and were 3-1 down by half time
                            Kilmarnock 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Conceded the 2nd goal early in the 2nd half,the game came close to being abandoned
                            Partick Thistle 2 Dundee 4 Dismal afternoon,conceded 4 in the 1st half and a late red card,played in atrocious conditions
                            St Mirren v Raith Rovers was postponed
                            Clyde v East Stirlingshire was postponed

FA Vase 4th round

Hereford 6 Leicester Nirvana 0 No match report but will play Hartley Wintney (???) in the 5th round

FA Trophy 2nd round

Truro City 2 Macclesfield Town 2 All the goals in the last 30 mins,City scored 1st then went 2-1 down and equalised in the 87th min
                            Torquay United 1 Wrexham 0 80th min goal struggling to find much detail for this

Liverpool v Manchester United and Oxford United v Bristol Rovers are tomorrow

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Goals galore in the snow

Bournemouth 3 Norwich City 0 Easy 3 points and a debut goal for £10m Afobe
                              Chelsea 3 Everton 3 From 2-0 and 3-2 down,98th min controversial Terry equaliser
                              *** **** 4 Crystal Palace 0 Lacklustre Eagles display,well beaten
                              Newcastle United 2 West Ham United 1 Toon scored twice in the opening 15 mins and held on to move out of the bottom 3
                              Southampton 3 West Brom 0 Easy win,Saints form improving with back to back wins,and Austin is a good addition
                              Aston Villa 1 Leicester City 1 Missed a penalty but the point takes the Foxes back to the top
                              Sheffield Wednesday 2 Leeds United 0 Both goals early in the 2nd half Owls in the top 6 at last
                              Blackburn Rovers 0 Brighton 1 Very early goal secured a 1st win in 8 league games
                              Coventry City 0 Burton Albion 2 Defensive error led to the 1st goal,remain in 4th place
                              Wimbledon 3 Mansfield Town 1 Behind at the break 2 goals in the last 12 mins sealed the win,just outside the play off places
                              Hartlepool United 1 Wycombe Wanderers 0 A good win against the promotion chasing team,6 points above the drop zone
                              York City 0 Newport County 1 Conceded the goal on 8 mins remain at the bottom of the league
                              Stockport County 1 Nuneaton 1 Went behind on 22 mins,equalised with 4 mins left,much improved display and maybe deserved a win
                              Margate 4 Chelmsford City 1 Conceded 2 pens in the opening 15 mins and were 3-1 down by half time
                              Kilmarnock 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Conceded the 2nd goal early in the 2nd half,the game came close to being abandoned
                              Partick Thistle 2 Dundee 4 Dismal afternoon,conceded 4 in the 1st half and a late red card,played in atrocious conditions
                              Clyde v East Stirlingshire was postponed

FA Vase 4th round

Hereford 6 Leicester Nirvana 0 No match report but will play Hartley Wintney (???) in the 5th round

FA Trophy 2nd round

Truro City 2 Macclesfield Town 2 All the goals in the last 30 mins,City scored 1st then went 2-1 down and equalised in the 87th min
                              Torquay United 1 Wrexham 0 80th min goal struggling to find much detail for this

Liverpool v Manchester United and Oxford United v Bristol Rovers are tomorrow
                              Great round up ER. Many thanks.

saints fans well chuffed at getting Austin on board, and a fine display today.

hartley Witney is a fairly posh big village / very small town not too far north of Basingstoke.
                              No idea what league they are in. Not generally thought of as a football hotbed, really. Usually a bit in the shadow of Fleet Town.......
                              Last edited by teamsaint; 16-01-16, 21:32.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=EdgeleyRob;534628]Goals galore in the snow

[ /QUOTE]
                                My brother had a couple of hospitality tickets for the game today so headed from the sunny east to the snowy west. Got in about 2.30, cuppa tea, bottle of beer. At 2.57 and a half I went to the loo and when I came back my brother told me the match was called off - they rolled in the buffet...pakora, Killie Pies (nice), sausage rolls etc...a chat with a few other disappointed ones and I had to turn round and trudge back through much worse snow..'oh well, at least we didn't get beat,' as one guy put it, and we all nodded disconsolately. Calling it off at 2.59 and a half...honestly!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X