X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Can't understand why no PL team has given him a chance.
    he used to terrorise L1 when we were there.

I see the Terriers have just sacked Chris Powell.

BTW, Town have the unenviable record , for a club of their stature, of not having reached a quarter final of either of the two main cups since about 1970.
    Looks as though they’re continuing their policy of prematurely sacking managers - a problem they seem to have in common with the Blades, who would be in the championship now had they kept faith with Wilson. I wonder if Powell will be snapped up by Charlton - he was their most successful manager post Curbishley!
    On the managerial front it is interesting that other than the current manager, the only Owls manager over the last 25 years who is currently in management is Paul Sturrock managing No92 club, Yeovil.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Looks as though they’re continuing their policy of prematurely sacking managers - a problem they seem to have in common with the Blades, who would be in the championship now had they kept faith with Wilson. I wonder if Powell will be snapped up by Charlton - he was their most successful manager post Curbishley!
      On the managerial front it is interesting that other than the current manager, the only Owls manager over the last 25 years who is currently in management is Paul Sturrock managing No92 club, Yeovil.
      Well, I like Yeovil.

The only way in which I could ever have a proper third team is how I came to have a second team which was to live there and attend regularly. Otherwise, it wouldn't amount to anything. I did think about moving to the South West and going to football regularly. Love North Devon. love Cornwall, love Somerset, love Dorset. Less than bowled over by South Devon. Yeovil looks good to me although I like Bournemouth FC in the Premiership, even if it is situated in the druggy ghetto between Bournemouth actual and lovely Christchurch.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Last time I went to Bournemouth I think it was closed.

Champions League

Manchester United 1 CSKA Moscow 0 Late Rooney header secured the win,top of the group.
        Chelsea 2 Dynamo Kiev 1 Late winner eased the pressure on Mourinho.

League games

Sheffield Wednesday 0 Brighton 0 Big forum derby,drag goalless draw,Owls 8th,Seagulls remain unbeaten.
        Coventry City 4 Barnsley 3 From 2-0 up at half time,managed to hang on and remain 4th,Joe Cole at Cov who'da thought,and he scored

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Good to see Salford City's success in the cup, but I think the really good thing is that the former MU stars who gained so much from the game are now putting something back at the grass roots level of the English game. Perhaps some of their rich colleagues could follow their example and recycle some of the money sloshing around from the Premier League. Maybe they should have chosen another S in Greater Manchester, edge?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            Good to see Salford City's success in the cup, but I think the really good thing is that the former MU stars who gained so much from the game are now putting something back at the grass roots level of the English game. Perhaps some of their rich colleagues could follow their example and recycle some of the money sloshing around from the Premier League. Maybe they should have chosen another S in Greater Manchester, edge?
            Yes cloughie they got the wrong SCFC,but well done Salford.

Bournemouth 0 Newcastle United 1 Forum derby,Cherries dominated,1st half winner from Toon's only shot on target
            Leicester City 2 Watford 1 Vardy scored for a ninth successive Premier League game,Foxes joint top.
            Manchester United 2 v West Brom 0 Late penalty and a red card for WBA made sure against a resolute defence
            Sunderland 0 Southampton 1 Penalty in the 2nd half,now unbeaten in 6 Premier League games
            Stoke City 1 Chelsea 0 More possession,chances and a penalty claim denied,3rd successive Premier League defeat
            Brighton 2 plastic dons 1 All the goals in the 1st half,a new club record of 17 league games without defeat
            Charlton 3 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Surprising defeat v the bottom 3 side after Owls recent good run
            Stockport County 1 Chorley 3 From 0-1 equalised just before the break then conceded 2 early 2nd half goals,another red card too
            Chelmsford 1 Truro City 2 Big non league forum derby,hosts took an early lead Truro 2-1 up after half an hour and a man sent off late on.
            Dundee 1 Partick Thistle 1 Took the lead on 5 minutes,conceded the equaliser with 5 minutes to go.
            Motherwell 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 Ended a run of four matches without a win,3-0 up after 53 minutes
            St Mirren 1 Hibernian 4 Scored 1st but were 1-3 down by half time v the 2nd placed team
            East Stirlingshire 2 Queen's Park 1 Last minute winner after being pegged back from 1-0 on 78 minutes
            Hereford 4 Rocester 0 Straightforward win in front of a crowd of 2,481 !!! sent Bulls back to the top of the table

FA Cup 1st round

Accrington Stanley 3 York City 2 Went 3-1 down just after the break,2nd goal came too late on 90 minutes
            Wimbledon 1 Forest Green Rovers 2 On the wrong end of a cup shock,conceded the 2nd goal in the last minute
            Coventry City 1 Northampton Town 2 Beaten by lower league opposition,all the goals in the 1st 17 minutes
            Hartlepool United 1 Cheltenham Town 0 Relief from poor league form,the winner came right on half time

Torquay v Wrexham was postponed
            Liverpool v Crystal Palace and Bristol Rovers v Chesham United in the cup take place tomorrow

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Wonderful as always ER most of my vastly undistinguished playing career was with Rochester AFC - Rocester is completely new to me .....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                Wonderful as always ER most of my vastly undistinguished playing career was with Rochester AFC - Rocester is completely new to me .....
                Hereford's fixture list is an education.
                Rocester is near Uttoxeter I believe.
                Worrabout

AFC Wulfrunians
                Sporting Khalsa
                Continental Star
                Dunkirk
                Quorn
                Boldmere St Michaels

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Congratulations to Truro and Cloughers.

Foxes not at their best today but the amazing run continues.

Bring on the next forum derby v Newcastle Utd.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    Congratulations to Truro and Cloughers.

Foxes not at their best today but the amazing run continues.

Bring on the next forum derby v Newcastle Utd.
                    Yes, Alison bragging rights (rites?) to Cornwall in the minnows Derby but small consolation for the Owls thrashing at the valley - back from playing with the big boys to mid-table mediocrity.
                    anton, edge is quite right Rocester is next Uttoxeter and the home of JCB but it looks like it was the Bulls that made the earth move!

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Hereford's fixture list is an education.
                      Rocester is near Uttoxeter I believe.
                      Worrabout

AFC Wulfrunians
                      Sporting Khalsa
                      Continental Star
                      Dunkirk
                      Quorn
                      Boldmere St Michaels
                      Mind-blowing indeed .....

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Rocester is completely new to me .....

Mind-blowing indeed .....
                        Sporting Khalsa are based at Noose Lane so you would have taken your "vastly undistinguished" skills () there at your peril...!

The suspense during home games must be unbearable...
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          http://www.rocester.net/welcome

Sporting Khalsa are based at Noose Lane so you would have taken your "vastly undistinguished" skills () there at your peril...!

The suspense during home games must be unbearable...
                          surprising that Sporting weren't allowed to compete in the Capital One cup.

( And I'm sure that AG was always a "Key" member of the fine outfits that he represented.).
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

Come on Spurs!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              Come on Spurs!!!!
                              and Villa !!!!