X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Normal service is resumed, after two years.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Hibs 1 St Mirren 1. A decent day at last for the Buddies.
      It was indeed ts. Very glad to get a point against a fine team - hope to kick on into mid-table now.

Football Pink, bit late, work commitments.

Inverness CT 2 Aberdeen 1. Big result .
      Great result indeed - Aberdeen flying high with 24 out of 24 before yesterday - ICT turning a corner at last?

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        ever considered a career as an estate agent?
        League two is in an exceptionally well favoured location, being within easy reach of the National League , and convenient for the extensive employment opportunities in Nearby league One. Located in an area of attractive terraces, and formerly known as Division 4, this up and coming league has undergone a series of improvements in recent years, with the addition of some attractive play offs, purpose built outdoor seating areas ......

that sort of thing, AG?
        Last edited by teamsaint; 27-09-15, 10:04.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

League two is in an exceptionally well favoured location, being within easy reach of the National League , and convenient for the extensive employment opportunities in Nearby league One. Located in an area of attractive terraces, and formerly known as Division 4, this up and coming league has undergone a series of improvements in recent years, with the addition of some attractive play offs, purpose built outdoor seating areas ......

that sort of thing, AG?
          You missed out bijou, sainty!

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            You missed out bijou, sainty!

Doh !!
            be my guest and feel free to add and edit, JC.

I'm sure Scottish estate agents could add some nice creative touches...
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

that sort of thing, AG?
              You are a wonder but you didn't mention Pompey .... Good performance by the Saints yesterday......

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

.....but you didn't mention Pompey .... Good performance by the Saints yesterday......

oh the blue few were in my thoughts,AG, but best not to mention rowdy neighbours, I thought......

Yes, stability returning at SMS,Bertrand makes a huge difference ,such a good player, and our latest recruit from Celtic is looking class.
                Last edited by teamsaint; 27-09-15, 10:45.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

and our latest recruit from Celtic is looking class.
                  They're becoming your bijou nursey club, sainty. He was probably the best player in Scotland last year*...a very good acquisition, I would say.

*not that that says much!
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 27-09-15, 11:17. Reason: bijou!

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

You are a wonder but you didn't mention Pompey .... Good performance by the Saints yesterday......
                    I look at Div 2 as something of a new thing with so many new teams there. The National League on the other hand is Div 4 Old Boys. Div 2 or 4, whatever you call it has been the level of many teams over the years. Fortunately the Owls though having flirted with the wrong end of the third tier avoided it, though most of their neighbours have been there. Anton, Hartlepool to their credit in the days of reelection never fell below the league and since automatic stuff have stayed in. I have a good feeling about them this season and the third tier beckons and though I will not trouble Betfred think that it also may be Accrington's year. Unlike ts I will mention Portsmouth, and I'll be delighted if Plymouth end the season above them! Finally while we are down there I'd be delighted to be discussing the Stockport v Truro results in next year's National league - All I have to do is dream!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

I think we can all agree about hoping that Argyle ( and Hartlepool) finish above portsmouth. They probably will.......

Todays result.
                      Watford 0 Palace 1. Great away form continues. Not an easy place to win.

Apologies to John Wright, I missed Cov out yesterday, they lost 2 -1 at Bury..

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Besiktas 3 Fenerbahci 2

An Istanbul derby, watched live in an al fresco bar in Bodrum.

A real humdinger!

Van Persie made it 2-2 and Nani got a yellow card, then Besiktas scored the winner on ''74.

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                          Normal service is resumed, after two years.
                          Enjoy it while it lasts Beefeeeeee

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            Enjoy it while it lasts Beefeeeeee
                            And the same to you (oops, I've just seen the Gooners result!)

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              And the same to you (oops, I've just seen the Gooners result!)

i see ancoragugu have started the season quite strongly.....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Big thanks to Teamsaint for picking up the slack

Today -

Crystal Palace 2 West Brom 0 Excellent start continues with comfortable win
                                Bournemouth 1 Watford 1 Costly goalkeeping blunder and missed penalty
                                home team 6 Newcastle United 1 All SIX conceded in a 20 mins period
                                Norwich City 1 Leicester City 2 Back to winning ways,held on from being 2-0 up
                                Chelsea 1 Southampton 3 Watched this on telly,Saints superior in every department,where's Calum ?
                                Brighton 1 Cardiff City 1 Dominated the game,unbeaten start continues
                                Sheffield Wednesday 3 Preston 1 Last minute goal ensured the win
                                Coventry City 3 Shrewsbury Town 0 Straightforward win,up to 5th place
                                Hartlepool United 1 Luton Town 4 From 1-1 at the break,fell apart in the 2nd half
                                Morecambe 3 Bristol Rovers 4 Managed to hang on for the points despite conceding a late 3rd
                                Wimbledon 2 Barnet 0 Early and very late goals secured the win
                                York City 2 Cambridge United 2 Points dropped after being 2-0 up
                                Chester City 3 Wrexham 2 The 2nd goal came too late to make a difference against bitter rivals,where's Ams ?
                                Gainsborough Trinity 0 Stockport County 1 Smash and grab 3 points,up to 4th
                                Chelmsford 0 Oxford City 4 Goaless 1st half,floodgates opened after conceding a 2nd half penalty
                                Truro City 3 Havant & Waterlooville 0 Very comfortable win,up to 13th place
                                Partick Thistle 3 Dundee United 0 Impressive win takes Jags off the bottom of the league
                                Ross County 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Improved form continues,2-0 up at half time
                                St Mirren 1 Alloa 1 Opened the scoring on 68 mins,couldn't see it through despite lions share of chances
                                Berwick 2 East Stirlingshire 1 Leading at the break,remain bottom of the table

FA Vase qualifier

Bardon Hill 0 Hereford 1 Penalty in the 2nd half sees the Bulls through to the next round

Liverpool,Man United play tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X