Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

It seems JLW will be having yet another ex Saint to cheer on next season.
    Bit surprised that none of the top 4 wanted Clyne, ( especially united), but he will be a big asset to Liverpool.
    pretty decent business for Saints too, £10m profit on a player with only a year left on his contract, and a young Spanish international RB in for about £2m. Not nice having to sell your best players, but so it goes.

Clasie in and Spideman to Man u is the talk of the Saints Boards.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Go Lionesses!
      Japan v England World Cup SemiFinal from Edmonton, BBC1 midnight tonight !

England up against it! The current World Champions, Japan's style of play recalls the Spain of 2010 in their pomp but with more firepower...
      We've relied too much on set pieces for goals so far... tough call, but great spirit in the Lionesses camp!

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Loses tons of games and they keep him on, Alison, then he wins a pile and escapes the drop at a canter and they bin him...funny ole game, footie. Beeb is reporting something to do with his son and a rather dodgy racist tape.

Good summary John. I suppose I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon and in any case must try and start looking forward again.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Well said Cloughie ......
          Top message Cloughie.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Top message Cloughie.
            The thing is that come a third of the way through the season if we are top 6 - they'll say what a great transformation. They'll forget that we were top 6 third way through last time round with a low budget team and an awful pitch. If we're bottom 6 they'll say we're gelling - not sack 'em and bring in Nigel. The agony of being an Owl!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              Go Lionesses!
              Japan v England World Cup SemiFinal from Edmonton, BBC1 midnight tonight !

England up against it! The current World Champions, Japan's style of play recalls the Spain of 2010 in their pomp but with more firepower...
              We've relied too much on set pieces for goals so far... tough call, but great spirit in the Lionesses camp!
              They have done well,fair play to them.

The standard of football in the competition has not been great IMO.

The BBC seem to think differently.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                The thing is that come a third of the way through the season if we are top 6 - they'll say what a great transformation. They'll forget that we were top 6 third way through last time round with a low budget team and an awful pitch. If we're bottom 6 they'll say we're gelling - not sack 'em and bring in Nigel. The agony of being an Owl!!!!
                Luxury,try being a mad hatter.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Luxury,try being a mad hatter.
                  Indeed so, edge. You never know where you will be in a few seasons time. It was hard last season playing Bournemouth as underdogs. For you seeing their success must be even harder as I guess you 've seen them off many times over the years. I guess the men with money for soccer clubs prefer the soft south coast to the edge of Manchester. SC are now the same level as Truro City. Contrast that with your relative positions in the hierarchy when the likes of Jones and Megson were in charge. Hang on those two names before a decline......

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Indeed so, edge. You never know where you will be in a few seasons time. It was hard last season playing Bournemouth as underdogs. For you seeing their success must be even harder as I guess you 've seen them off many times over the years. I guess the men with money for soccer clubs prefer the soft south coast to the edge of Manchester. SC are now the same level as Truro City. Contrast that with your relative positions in the hierarchy when the likes of Jones and Megson were in charge. Hang on those two names before a decline......
                    Wise words again Cloughers and all the best for next season ER ......

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      Wise words again Cloughers and all the best for next season ER ......
                      Anton
                      I must add that miracle of modern football is that the Monkey Hangers have never been anywhere other than the 3rd and 4th layer, despite several flirtations with the 5th column.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Anton
                        I must add that miracle of modern football is that the Monkey Hangers have never been anywhere other than the 3rd and 4th layer, despite several flirtations with the 5th column.
                        Indeed - helped in less enlightened days, I suspect, by a little vote rigging ......

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Anton
                          Indeed 'tis true, cloughie. When I was a kid watching the teleprinter chug through the results on a Saturday afternoon I was always looking for the Hartlepool result. There they were season in/season out hangin' on to the lower reaches, usually clinging on at the bottom of the 4th. There's a lesson there for us all as they watch teams race up past them or slide past them to even lower reaches - 'we know our place' comes to mind. Hartlepool should act as an inspiration to all footie fans everywhere...even Hartlepool!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Womens World Cup...
                            Japan 2 England 1...

Cruellest way to lose! An own goal in the 93rd minute...!
                            So the men aren't alone anymore with their repeated penalty agonies - I'm not sure which exit is worse...
                            The dream is over - long live the dream!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

The new season starts today......a week before the first test against the aussies !!

Several British teams in Europa league action, including St Johnstone and West Ham.

Oh.. And I know one contradicts JLW at one's peril, but the worst way to lose a football match is to concede a headed goal in the last minute of extra time in a cup semi final, scored by the smallest player on the pitch.

"Adrian heath" is still used as a term of abuse round our way !
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Several British teams in Europa league action, including St Johnstone.
                                Beaten 1-0 by Alashkert in Armenia, ts...Aberdeen also in action in Macedonia. Goalless so far in Skopje (great name for a town, I often think).

Comment

Working...
                                X