• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Hurrah. New fixtures out.
    How are the forum teams doing in the window?
    Saints have snapped up a young spanish striker, Juanmi, for a modest, ( by PL standards) fee. Looks a decent prospect and should fit in with our policy of having young hungry players who we can sell to Liverpool for vast profits.

Clyne and Spiderman seem likely to go, and also Toby Unpronounceable, one of the best Saints Centre Halves I have ever seen .

Who are forum members hoping to see come in to their squads?
    Completely new team here by the sound of it ts,no household names though.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Completely new team here by the sound of it ts,no household names though.
      After the last 2 seasons,completely new team is probably a good idea, ER !

At least Salisbury are starting their new life next season, albeit in the wessex league, I think.

Any signs of life down at Hereford? I could google it I suppose......

Edit..a Phoenix club will start life in the Midland division.
      Football being played at Edgar street again, so good news.
      Last edited by teamsaint; 17-06-15, 23:07.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Not Allardyce next then cloughie [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football
        Well, edge, I suppose Portuguese coaches have had success here so it may just work. I guess Big Sam would have found it more difficult to fit into the new Owls infrastructure and if Mark Cooper can be brought in as assistant. We do have the small matter of recruiting replacements following the end of season clearout. I shall be eagerly looking at result and style of play of our first match against newly promoted Bristol City - a side which has got used to winning matches.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          After the last 2 seasons,completely new team is probably a good idea, ER !

At least Salisbury are starting their new life next season, albeit in the wessex league, I think.

Any signs of life down at Hereford? I could google it I suppose......

Edit..a Phoenix club will start life in the Midland division.
          Football being played at Edgar street again, so good news.

Excellent,great news.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

We seem to sign a player a day and I'm mildly impressed the BBC Website has photos of them all .....

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Nigel Pearson sacked. Oh my goodness me.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Surely beyond diabolical????

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

For fox sake why ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Same as when he saved the Saints from the drop in the Championship.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Was so looking forward to the new season. Maybe Cambiasso stays on as manager. Gutted.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Was so looking forward to the new season. Maybe Cambiasso stays on as manager. Gutted.
                        Good shout Alison,10/1.
                        Allardyce favourite though

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Alison

Foxes and Owls, creatures of the night - maybe the ownership and control of both have something of the night about them. Gray and Pearson have both worked their socks off to achieve -where's the gratitude? Where's the loyalty? But more to the point where's the continuity? Where's the direction either of our clubs are going?
                          ...and just a note of cynicism - if Nigel had been sacked earlier he'd have been great for us - except he wouldn't have fitted our new regime!
                          Come October some poor starters are going to grab two great guys.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Good shout Alison,10/1.
                            Allardyce favourite though
                            Won't happen edge - they'll go abroad.

Comment

• antongould
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Alison

Foxes and Owls, creatures of the night - maybe the ownership and control of both have something of the night about them. Gray and Pearson have both worked their socks off to achieve -where's the gratitude? Where's the loyalty? But more to the point where's the continuity? Where's the direction either of our clubs are going?
                              ...and just a note of cynicism - if Nigel had been sacked earlier he'd have been great for us - except he wouldn't have fitted our new regime!
                              Come October some poor starters are going to grab two great guys.
                              Well said Cloughie ......

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Loses tons of games and they keep him on, Alison, then he wins a pile and escapes the drop at a canter and they bin him...funny ole game, footie. Beeb is reporting something to do with his son and a rather dodgy racist tape.

We've got Rangers at Ibrox first game of the new season though not sure we've got enough players to make up a team yet - might have to dig the boots out. The Buddies did get a good mention when Mark Steel came to Paisley town which was aired on R4 a couple of weeks back and was pretty funny if you fancy finding out more about pool playing dogs and aliens.

I'm still waiting to see any decent footie in the women's world cup...it's been very poor fare for the amount of hype...up there in a cherry picker with Kanye West so far.

Funniest footie related incident of the summer so far has been the 'poke-in-the-bum incident' at the Copa America...the guy who got poked, Cavani, got sent off. It was later rescinded and the Chilean poker's been hit by a 3-match ban.
                                Chile defender Gonzalo Jara will miss the rest of the Copa America after being suspended for three matches  for sticking his finger up an opponent's backside and feigning injury during a match.
                                Last edited by johncorrigan; 01-07-15, 11:45. Reason: ...shouldn't laugh really! Vinnie Jones/Gazza comes to mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X