X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Can we do a close season check in on Stockport County and St Mirren please?

Much going on at either of those favoured forum clubs??
    New manager at SCFC too Alison.
    Alan Lord is now director of football (whatever that is)and a chap called Neil Young is now the manager.
    Ex non league player,career cut short through injury,has had some success as a manager in the lower leagues.
    The big clearout has already started.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      New manager at SCFC too Alison.
      Alan Lord is now director of football (whatever that is)and a chap called Neil Young is now the manager.
      Ex non league player,career cut short through injury,has had some success as a manager in the lower leagues.
      The big clearout has already started.
      Edge, I guess he's searching for several hearts of gold!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Comment

• zola
          • May 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Or ideally a centre forward who can play like a Harry Kane ?

Comment

• aeolium
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Well done Big Yogi and his lads! Rode their luck but great to see them be the 25th team ( I think) to get their name on the Scottish Cup.
            Thanks john. I was at the game and it was a nerve-shredding second half in which ICT typically did their best to lose it but a moment of good fortune (and a brilliant 90-yard run by Vincent) won it. Falkirk must have wondered how they lost the game at the end. The atmosphere was so much better for not having either of the big Glasgow clubs competing (and I was glad to see Rangers fail in their promotion bid).

Good to see Blatter go though he is only a symbol of the rottenness at Fifa, which may prove impossible to root out. Over 1200 workers involved in Qatar stadium construction have died so far with 7 years still to go

Thanks to ER for terrific results service over the season

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
              Thanks john. I was at the game and it was a nerve-shredding second half in which ICT typically did their best to lose it but a moment of good fortune (and a brilliant 90-yard run by Vincent) won it. Falkirk must have wondered how they lost the game at the end. The atmosphere was so much better for not having either of the big Glasgow clubs competing (and I was glad to see Rangers fail in their promotion bid).
              Glad to hear you got back safely, aeolium. I had been worrying about you. Great that you got to have such a wonderful day out. Until Vincent's wonderful, lung-bustin' (I think is how it is termed) run I feared you would be heading for ET. John Hughes had a smile as wide as the Moray Firth. And you're right, it is great to get to the big game without the boys from Govan or Parkhead to spoil the atmosphere. We'll be facing the boys in blue next season after their cuffing from 'Well. I enjoyed seeing it too though it probably doesn't do the Buddies many favours; meanwhile you lot will be gallivanting all over Europe.

Comment

• aeolium
                • Nov 2010

Glad to hear you got back safely, aeolium. I had been worrying about you. Great that you got to have such a wonderful day out. Until Vincent's wonderful, lung-bustin' (I think is how it is termed) run I feared you would be heading for ET. John Hughes had a smile as wide as the Moray Firth. And you're right, it is great to get to the big game without the boys from Govan or Parkhead to spoil the atmosphere. We'll be facing the boys in blue next season after their cuffing from 'Well. I enjoyed seeing it too though it probably doesn't do the Buddies many favours; meanwhile you lot will be gallivanting all over Europe.
                Thanks, john. "Gallivanting all over Europe" probably means a wet and windy Thursday night at Glentoran or Oswestry (who are those New Saints?)

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                  Thanks, john. "Gallivanting all over Europe" probably means a wet and windy Thursday night at Glentoran or Oswestry (who are those New Saints?)
                  or maybe a with a nice trip to sunny Hampshire?

Glad you had a great result Aeolium. not often for most of us that we are there to see our team pick up a trophy.

Which is why the JPT is a great competition !!!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Which is why the JPT is a great competition !!!
                    Too right ts...I think we're the reigning champs of this one...still!!!!!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Too right ts...I think we're the reigning champs of this one...still!!!!!

http://www.stmirren.info/sitebuilder...1stLegprog.jpg
                      sorry to bust your bubble, JC, but the Spireites have that honour.

( but well done on going one better than the Southern Saints and winning the thing.)

Full results here.

most memorable for us was beating Rangers over 2 legs !!

Happy days !
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

sorry to bust your bubble, JC, but the Spireites have that honour.
                        Doh! We would have retained but they obviously didn't let us defend it, sainty.

I thought Texaco Trophy was a great name for a cup.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Doh! We would have retained but they obviously didn't let us defend it, sainty.
                          just noticed that.

Moral Joint holders, I reckon !!

( can't believe the tournament survived into the 1980's !!)

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Moral Joint holders, I reckon !!
                            That's good enough for me, sainty.

( can't believe the tournament survived into the 1980's !!)
                            I'm mighty glad it did - if ICT play the Southern Saints in the Europa we could reinstate this mighty trophy!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Having watched the second half of the 2015 Champions' League Final, I notice it was one of those games that never ended. I do not refer to the 5 minutes of added time that was extended by a further 2 minutes, but I do refer to the fact that the game apparently is still in progress, with no final whistle. The Barcelona team ran off the pitch to celebrate as the clock continued to tick away, but the game was never restarted.

I may be pedantic to me nation this, as the result was not in doubt, but another football match that ended in similar chaos was the 1966 World Cup Final. After Geoff Hurst's 3rd goal, the match was never restarted, but although this technically put England 4-2 ahead, we now know that England's 3rd goal did not fully cross the line, and the 4th was probably scored after the final whistle. (Geoff Hurst thought so, and had to be brought back on to the pitch later to be shown the scoreboard. In any event, the match was never restarted after G.H. netted the ball.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                                I may be pedantic to me nation this, as the result was not in doubt, but another football match that ended in similar chaos was the 1966 World Cup Final. After Geoff Hurst's 3rd goal, the match was never restarted, but although this technically put England 4-2 ahead, we now know that England's 3rd goal did not fully cross the line, and the 4th was probably scored after the final whistle. (Geoff Hurst thought so, and had to be brought back on to the pitch later to be shown the scoreboard. In any event, the match was never restarted after G.H. netted the ball.
                                What???? England won the 1966 World Cup Final????? Well who'd ever have known that???? They certainly kept that one quiet, Eine!!!
                                Interesting point, mind you!
                                By the way, I notice the Women's World Cup has started? I managed less than 10 mins of Canada/China last night, but it was hard to take after Barca/Juve game.

Comment

Working...
                                X