X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    ​SURELY they can't continue their preparations now...
    Don't underestimate Sepp, Jayne. As we speak he's been dusting off his copy of 1984.

"Blatter said in a statement that FIFA welcomes the investigations by U.S. and Swiss authorities, and he believes their inquiries "will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football." In fact, he said, the Swiss investigation was "set in motion" when FIFA submitted a dossier to authorities last year."

Excuse me if I laugh!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Between now and whenever, I'm going to believe that this is the end of Blatter and will raise a glass to that notion.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Thanks for all the work put in over the season Edgey and you always did say Leicester would survive
        Yes, respect to Rob, but I bet he never thought they'd win seven from the last nine (I know you wouldn't have!!).

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Horrendous figures about the death toll, so far, among workers in Qatar in the preparation for the 2022 World Cup. Total deaths reported up to now 1200.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

Yes - a World Cup built on greed, inhumanity and death? Why was Qatar still in place, even before the FBI arrests?

After today's vote...
            ...is M. Platini up to it? He should withdraw UEFA from FIFA now & we should boycott Russia and Qatar. Given the 2-year qualification, it's quite feasible to have two more EURO Championships instead...

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
              • Jun 2014

I do love Blatter's complete disregard for 'political correctness' and his utter contempt for the media!

He does have a quite admirable bloody-minded streak in him and I suspect that's why he attracts such loyalty when under intense attack.

When "here today, gone tomorrow" populist politicians like Cameron say 'he should go' some of us might well suspect he might be the very man to remain in the job!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Well done Big Yogi and his lads! Rode their luck but great to see them be the 25th team ( I think) to get their name on the Scottish Cup.
                Last edited by johncorrigan; 30-05-15, 17:24.

Comment

• gradus
                  • Nov 2010

Sepp rides again! Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Makes Armstrong and corruption in cycling look very small beer indeed. Let's hope the FBI get their men; I have far less confidence in the Swiss 'authorities' landing any blows.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    Well done Big Yogi and his lads! Rode their luck but great to see them be the 25th team ( I think) to get their name on the Scottish Cup.
                    Yes congratulations to Inverness Caledonian Thistle on winning the cup,late winner sealed another piece of silverware for the forum.
                    They will be playing European football for the first time next season too.

A good day for the forum,Arsenal's cup win means Southampton qualify for the Europa League and Liverpool go straight in to the group stages of the same competition.

So ends another season,a decent one for the forum teams on the whole

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

Keep a look out for the fixtures please Edge.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Keep a look out for the fixtures please Edge.
                        I will chuck,this close season is dragging isn't it ?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                          After today's vote...
                          ...is M. Platini up to it? He should withdraw UEFA from FIFA now & we should boycott Russia and Qatar. Given the 2-year qualification, it's quite feasible to have two more EURO Championships instead...
                          I do like the sound of that idea.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Can we do a close season check in on Stockport County and St Mirren please?

Much going on at either of those favoured forum clubs??

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Can we do a close season check in on Stockport County and St Mirren please?

Much going on at either of those favoured forum clubs??
                              We've got a new manager, Alison - Ian Murray who played for Hibs and Norwich and Rangers - he has seemed to have some success with Dumbarton keeping them in the Championship over the last couple of years - only 34 and I think still playing. Hopeful as ever, Alison...well apart from 5 or 6 weeks ago!

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                We've got a new manager, Alison - Ian Murray who played for Hibs and Norwich and Rangers - he has seemed to have some success with Dumbarton keeping them in the Championship over the last couple of years - only 34 and I think still playing. Hopeful as ever, Alison...well apart from 5 or 6 weeks ago!
                                Thanks John. That's an interesting new development. Wonder what's happened to Tommy C now?!

Comment

Working...
                                X