• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Enjoy your break, edge, another forum season almost over.

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Keep rooting for the Foxes, Edge, your moral support has meant everything this last few weeks.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Enjoy your break, edge, another forum season almost over.
        Indeed have a nice one ER

Comment

• zola
          • May 2011

Chelsea1 Liverpool1 Blues head for the beach, Reds head for Thursday night ITV4, Man Utd head for Champions League qualifying round.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Keep rooting for the Foxes, Edge, your moral support has meant everything this last few weeks.
            Alison and ts - remember at the start of the season I predicted Saints to struggle and Foxes to be mid-table. OK I got it wrong but interesting that in the last few weeks Leicester have been top 4 form and Southampton bottom 3. I'm now fairly confident that both will be striving to wrest six points off Bournemouth next season.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Ah yes, good shout Cloughie.

Perhaps Leicester can be the new Southampton Next season - if they stay up!

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Ah yes, good shout Cloughie.

Perhaps Leicester can be the new Southampton Next season - if they stay up!
                Maybe the Owls will be the new Bournemouth!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Maybe the Owls will be the new Bournemouth!
                  do the Owls have a dodgy Russian "billionaire" , Cloughie? Things are slowly on the up for you, at any rate.

anyway, things look good for Leicester now, should work out okay, Hull paying the price for poor spending , and one of those seasons.

Hopefully the Saints board are getting a sharp reminder that the PL is a very unforgiving place, and that the fees we get (presumably) for Clyne and Spiderman will need to be wisely reinvested.

Still, Like Cloughie, I did think we would have a tough season,and even 8th will be a good achievement. Lets hope we get to see J Rod next season.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    do the Owls have a dodgy Russian "billionaire" , Cloughie? Things are slowly on the up for you, at any rate.

anyway, things look good for Leicester now, should work out okay, Hull paying the price for poor spending , and one of those seasons.

Hopefully the Saints board are getting a sharp reminder that the PL is a very unforgiving place, and that the fees we get (presumably) for Clyne and Spiderman will need to be wisely reinvested.

Still, Like Cloughie, I did think we would have a tough season,and even 8th will be a good achievement. Lets hope we get to see J Rod next season.
                    I suspect that the Saints problem is running out of steam end of season with a lower powered squad than some of the big boys around them.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

I well remember Crystal Palace being dubbed The Team of the Eighties (under El Tel). It didn't quite happen then or indeed in any other decade.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

I suspect that the Saints problem is running out of steam end of season with a lower powered squad than some of the big boys around them.
                        Lack of fire power has been rather disguised by a great defensive record. If you take out two big wins against Sunderland and Newcastle, then our goalscoring record isn't that great. definitely needs improving, as we may well also lose Toby at the back, who is the best defender we have.
                        Our January loans haven't really helped the firepower, so we need to address that over the summer.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                          I well remember Crystal Palace being dubbed The Team of the Eighties (under El Tel). It didn't quite happen then or indeed in any other decade.
                          IIRC, Gurney, didn't they go off like a train at the beginning of the 1979/80 season, with that very promising side? Again, if memory serves, it came to a bit of a juddering halt at our place with a 4-1 midweek defeat.

just looked it up, and Palace were undefeated after about 9 games,guess they may have been top, so it was a pretty good night for us. Not sure how Palace did after that.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Not many people believe me when I mention that Palace once came third in the First Division (90-91).

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                              Not many people believe me when I mention that Palace once came third in the First Division (90-91).
                              ...and the Owls were in the same position the following season.

Comment

• zola
                                • May 2011

Southampton 6 Aston Villa 1 Saint was bemoaning lack of firepower !
                                QPR 2 Newcastle 1 Will be an undeserved "great escape" methinks.
                                Sunderland 0 Leicester 0 Now officially safe.
                                Liverpool 1 Crystal Palace 3 Well done Palace, even if Sky totally ignored your good play.

Not sure who all our Scottish teams are. I know St Mirren, think Inverness too ?

Inverness CT 3 Dundee Utd 0 Good confidence boost for Cup Final
                                St Mirren 2 Motherwell 1 Building for next season

Man Utd play tomorrow, Chelsea on Monday. Big game tomorrow for Bristol Rovers in Conference play off final.

Comment

Working...
                                X