X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Great round up ER, many thanks.

i reckon board honours to the Monkey Hangers and the Buddies this week?
    Sounds like a solid performance from Stockports.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Fair play Beefy.

We were doing fine until first United goal which was offside.

At least not entirely disgraced, a deserved consolation goal and the chance to really put things right against Palace next week.

Well I didn't see the game, and I have been outvoted on the tv, so I can't even see the highlights until tomorrow morning.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Great round up ER, many thanks.

i reckon board honours to the Monkey Hangers and the Buddies this week?
        Sounds like a solid performance from Stockports.
        Agreed on all points ts......only seven points.....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Willian crikey!

les bleus have had two good results, the draw today and the League Cup semi final, especially in light of shipping 4 from Bradford and 5 from Spurs recently

Cheers EdgeleyRob for the roundup ...
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

and finally.

Southampton 0 Swansea City 1. Saints,despite dominating,were up against a side with a plan than worked.

I don't like to see forum sides beaten as a rule,but felt very proud of Swansea captain Ashley Williams,an ex Stockport player at the top of his game.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              and finally.

Southampton 0 Swansea City 1. Saints,despite dominating,were up against a side with a plan than worked.

I don't like to see forum sides beaten as a rule,but felt very proud of Swansea captain Ashley Williams,an ex Stockport player at the top of his game.

Swansea restricted the chances against them...which was critical. We had a warning about Shelvey, and failed to take it. Missing three key defensive players catches up with you in the end, but can't begrudge them their win. Good defending and took their chance.. recipe for success.
              Williams was superb.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• aeolium
                • Nov 2010

I agree about Ashley Williams, ER and ts - a great game and clear MoM. Saints looked good in the first half without any clear cutting edge. Schneiderlin does make a real difference to their midfield (though to be fair Swansea were missing plenty of players too).

Inverness are coming to terms with life without their main striker, Billy McKay who took the road to Wigan pier. It could be a long hard slog for the rest of the season.

Good to see rare wins for Buddies and Hartlepool.

Thanks for the round-up, ER.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

Swansea and Soton are two great teams who play attractive and exciting football; may they both prosper!
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Also good to see Gary Monk prospering.
                    Brought up the right way,, he was never a big star player, but he is taking his opportunity well, and rewarding the Swans' faith in him.
                    might make a good boss for The Saints one day.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Bolton 1 Liverpool 2...

Oooh...! A bit too exciting, but it's what we all crave isn't it - to go to the very brink and then YES!! I felt a bit sorry for Danns though - his first tackle wasn't so violent...2nd might have wrecked a career, but more careless than vicious, so...

But Bolton's Penalty... well, I scrutinised those slo-mos and - it wasn't one was it? BBC and other in-denial commentaries ("probably got a touch" etc.) being nice to "plucky" Bolton afterwards, perhaps. I feel Refs are under pressure now to say, "penalty or dive", when they could just play on... so you get this, which would have been terrible to lose to!

Credit to Brendan and the team for skill and patience though. Right! Who've we got in the 5th round?
                      Ah. Crystal Palace away... uh-oh...
                      I'm getting nervous already...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                        Bolton 1 Liverpool 2...

Oooh...! A bit too exciting, but it's what we all crave isn't it - to go to the very brink and then YES!! I felt a bit sorry for Danns though - his first tackle wasn't so violent...2nd might have wrecked a career, but more careless than vicious, so...

But Bolton's Penalty... well, I scrutinised those slo-mos and - it wasn't one was it? BBC and other in-denial commentaries ("probably got a touch" etc.) being nice to "plucky" Bolton afterwards, perhaps. I feel Refs are under pressure now to say, "penalty or dive", when they could just play on... so you get this, which would have been terrible to lose to!

Credit to Brendan and the team for skill and patience though. Right! Who've we got in the 5th round?
                        Ah. Crystal Palace away... uh-oh...
                        I'm getting nervous already...

Thanks Jayne,saved me a job.
                        Anyone been watching the Africa Cup of Nations,super entertainment,and the football is great too.

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

Leicester's home game to Crystal Palace on Saturday is already making me feel nervous.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            Leicester's home game to Crystal Palace on Saturday is already making me feel nervous.
                            It's got score draw written all over it IMO chuck (1-1).

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

It's got score draw written all over it IMO chuck (1-1).
                              Yes know what you mean Edgey. Total Life enhancement if Leicester win, certain relegation if they lose. A draw seems pretty likely.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks Jayne,saved me a job.
                                Anyone been watching the Africa Cup of Nations,super entertainment,and the football is great too.
                                ....yes + plenty of comedy too....

Sugar....I've missed the semi finals....I thought they started tonight....seems there are no repeats as there were with all the dross matches....dreadful publishing by ITV considering what it must cost to put on.....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X