X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Johnstone 0. Goals in the 1st half sealed the win,3rd place.
    St Mirren 1 Dundee United 1. Took the lead,now 4 points above Ross County at the bottom,having played 2 games more.
    Thanks for the midweek results, ER. Caley Thistle totally in control and should have scored 6, now challenging Celtic and Aberdeen for the leadership. Buddies' point against Dundee Utd also helped.

Incidentally, Caley Thistle trialled a "pay what you can" scheme to try to lift sagging attendances at midweek evening games:

Well, it got aljazeera interested

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Am I drunk or dreaming or both?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        Am I drunk or dreaming or both?
        It's just the magic of the bla bla bla

Football's the winner, son!

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          It's just the magic of the bla bla bla

Football's the winner, son!

And wemberlee beckons for the Bantams again.....
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

We absolutely smashed Cambridge 0-0 last night. I feel our name's already on that trophy!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Jose at least said that the team and manager should be ashamed and embarrassed by Bradford's triumph at the Bridge. And so they should!
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

FA Cup 4th round,an extraordinary day in the competition

Well done Manchester United Association Football Club for smashing Cambridge,smashin.
                Chelsea 2 Bradford City 4. Crikey,2-0 lead thrown away,biggest shock result in forum team history ?
                Southampton 2 Crystal Palace 3. Forum derby,all the goals in the 1st 40 minutes,Saints led twice.
                Spurs 1 Leicester City 2. Another forum comeback,Foxes scored twice in the last 7 minutes,
                Liverpool 0 Bolton Wanderers 0. Plenty of chances against a dogged defence,replay probably the last thing the Reds need.

FA Trophy 3rd round

Wrexham 1 Gateshead 1. Went behind on 27,equalised before half time,replay next wednesday.

League.

Yeovil Town 0 Coventry City 0. Point takes Cov up to 17th place.
                Wimbledon 2 Accrington Stanley 1. Scored the 2nd with 12 minutes left.managed to hold on after conceding in the 88th minute.
                Tranmere Rovers 1 Hartlepool United 1. Away point v relegation rivals,draws not really enough now.
                Hamilton Academical 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2. Super away day,5 wins on the bounce,4 points behind Celtic.
                St Mirren 1 Dundee 2. Led at half time,let it slip on 70 minutes,Ross County's defeat helps the cause.
                East Fife v East Stirlingshire was postponed.
                Stockport County 4 Leamington 2. From 2-0 up at half time,pegged back to 2-2 but fought back strongly to earn the win.
                Truro City 2 Dorchester 1. Conceded a late goal at 2-0 but saw out the win,now just 6 points off top spot.

Brighton play Arsenal in the cup tomorrow.
                No games for Sheffield Wednesday,Newcastle United,Chelmsford and Bristol Rovers.

Non forum result of the day was at the Etihad

Comment

• antongould
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                  Jose at least said that the team and manager should be ashamed and embarrassed by Bradford's triumph at the Bridge. And so they should!
                  He was IMVVHO very graceful......

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Top man Nigel Pearson.

Disappointed for Sainty and John Corrigan.

Fair play Stockport C.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Thanks for a lovely round up ER. Sounds a cracking game at Edgeley Park today.
                      Board honours to LCFC, I suggest. Terrific win

Well done to Palace, revenge for 76 !!
                      Wellnot quite, perhaps, but a good boost for them at any rate.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

I thought it was Ernie Wise who was supposed to have the lamentable syrup...

"...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

Disappointed for Sainty and John Corrigan.
                          Disappointing Alison but at least the teams down there with us are also losing - sounds like we were a bit unlucky again, but hey that's the story of my life. However footie being what it is, and with apologies to CDJ, I found tears welling up as I watched Bradford shoot past Chelsea into the next round on MOTD last night. The last three goals in particular in front of their home fans were very moving as I tried to be one of those fans. Wonderful performance, and Jose handled it pretty well - but well done to Bradford.
                          And I was delighted to see Leicester progress. I love that thing where a team like Leicester, and Bradford did too, plays for 90 mins plus all the added time. A few unfancied teams and their fans must have a misty eye on Wembley this morning.

Comment

• aeolium
                            • Nov 2010

Commiserations, jc, but it was generally a good day for the forum clubs (Chelsea and Saints are perhaps relieved not to have a longer FA Cup run with fixture congestion etc) and as you say it was great to see some first-rate FA Cup performances from the underdogs. I sometimes wonder how much the leading clubs in the Premiership really want the FA Cup, especially if they are involved in Europe, and this occasionally devalues the achievements of the giant-killers - but not those of Bradford City and Middlesborough yesterday or Cambridge the evening before.

As far as Scotland goes, I think Ross are doomed. Buddies have to try to top Motherwell to avoid that play-off relegation place. The top four in the SPFL are pulling away from the rest.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              ....I am remembering that movie.....A History of Violence....
                              bong ching

Comment

• gurnemanz
                                • Nov 2010

"Southampton 2 Crystal Palace 3. Forum derby,all the goals in the 1st 40 minutes,Saints led twice."

Koeman commented after losing: "It's not normal that a team like Crystal Palace – with all due respect, because they played very well – creates so many possibilities,".

......!

With all due respect, it's not normal for a "team like Southampton" to be so well placed in the League as they are now and it is certainly inadvisable for them then be so carried away with their own success as to be astonished that "a team like Palace", currently below them in the League, might actually manage to "play very well". I have always been rather sympathetic to Saints but am becoming increasingly less well-disposed. Pride cometh before a fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X