• EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    QPR 0 Manchester United 2
    yep

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Thanks for the splendid round up ER. Your side sem to be letting you down at the moment.

Board honours to the Buddies today I think, what A vital win.
      Punch continues to be a major force for Palace.

Saints had to dig deep in their third game in 6 days, but Confidence , and belief in the system is sky high, and confident teams are hard to play.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

QPR 0 Manchester United 2
        It's a bit like taking sweets off children.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          LOL
          Ross County 1 St Mirren 2. Late winner despite having a man sent off on 38 minutes,and against relegation rivals.
          New signing, straight off in his first game, so he's following the pattern of this season's Buddy motto, 'Who needs 11'. I think that's 3 red cards in four games. Anyway delighted with the result...more please!

Comment

• aeolium
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            New signing, straight off in his first game, so he's following the pattern of this season's Buddy motto, 'Who needs 11'. I think that's 3 red cards in four games. Anyway delighted with the result...more please!
            Great win, jc! As you say, playing with 11 men is so passé. Caley Thistle and Stockport only start with 11 as a courtesy to the opposition (Stockport overdoing it a bit in the last game though...)

Elsewhere another outstanding win for the Saints and a terrific come-back by Palace. That eagle is going to be looking happy at Selhurst Park.

Excellent round-up as usual, ER.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

Thanks, Rob, for useful report. In London yesterday on a cultural outing, I uttered a yelp of delight when I checked the Palace result after Egon Schiele Radical Nudes (excellent show at Courtauld ends today) and heading to Chalk Farm for ROH Orfeo at Roundhouse - an interesting evening.
              Last edited by gurnemanz; 18-01-15, 13:22.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

Tickets for Everton derby match with Liverpool are selling for more than £2,000 each, according to the Liverpool Echo.

One seller has put the price of their two places at the Park End of Goodison Park in February as being worth £2,360 each.
                i see that inequality has also reached Merseyside ...
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                  i see that inequality has also reached Merseyside ...
                  Amazing what you can buy on benefits.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Amazing what you can buy on benefits.
                    5 champions league/ European cup titles?
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

I see the domestic season lasts right until the end of May this year.

Can anyone fill me in on the background?

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        I see the domestic season lasts right until the end of May this year.

Can anyone fill me in on the background?
                        It doesnt seem clear , Alison.
                        However, it is probably to do with the fact that there is no international tournament this summer AND it looks like the German FA may have been playing hardball . Berlin has the CL final, and it would seem that the Germans are insisting on keeping their usual routine, which means having the German cup final and Bundesliga programme complete a week before the CL final.
                        or something.
                        Still dont see why we have to stretch our season out so long though....seems daft not to use this summer to let the players have a decent break.
                        By comparison, the years Saints got promoted from the Championship, the 46 game programme finished in April.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Forum latest.

League Cup semi final,1st leg.

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1. Forum derby,Reds dominated,Blues got the draw they wanted.

League games.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Johnstone 0. Goals in the 1st half sealed the win,3rd place.
                          Dover 2 Wrexham 0. Conceded both goals in the 1st 35 minutes,16th place.
                          Truro City 3 Redditch United 2. Super win v promotion rivals,were clawed back to 2-2 before the 67th minute winner.
                          Brighton 3 Ipswich Town 2. Great win v the 3rd placed team,steadily pulling away from the relegation zone.
                          St Mirren 1 Dundee United 1. Took the lead,now 4 points above Ross County at the bottom,having played 2 games more.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                            Late member
                            • Nov 2010

cheers Rob ... not too bad a result for the Blades and a good performance; there might still be an upset

les bleus display a concerning inability to bag goals ...
                            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2011

Respect to Cal and Chelsea! Oh, what a great game to watch, highest quality but.... we should have at least got a win...
                              Curse & Courtesy Courtois, we didn't.
                              But it's only half-time!

Second leg should be another thunderous affair. Yeah, bring it on... and watch out Blues, Sturridge may be back...

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                St Mirren 1 Dundee United 1. Took the lead,now 4 points above Ross County at the bottom,having played 2 games more.
                                Thanks Rob...I think I'd have taken that result at the beginning of the night. M'well also struggling above us - so we have to keep putting the pressure on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X