X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Top bombing Sainty.

Leicester bloody unlucky with both Liverpool Penalties debatable to say the least. We hit the post in the first minute as well! A splendid fightback on a day the bottom teams all picked up something.

Liverpool had looked pretty awesome on Monday night too.

Almost a relief the cup is coming up next.
    Last edited by Alison; 02-01-15, 01:27.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Too bombing Sainty.

Leicester bloody unlucky with both Liverpool Penalties debatable to say the least. We hit the post in the first minute as well! A splendid fightback on a day the bottom teams all picked up something.

Liverpool had looked pretty awesome on Monday night too.

Almost a relief the cup is coming up next.
      Fantastic performance by the foxes today. Plenty of encouragement there.
      Nugent will be a big player for them as the season goes on. Great to see Deano playing today.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Leiceseicester City were great They were robbed - 2 non-pens

The Saints were excellent and deserved the points all the way (although Arsenal's back-four & 'keeper were drunk).

Spurs were fantastic, Chelsea were poo.

Harry Kane, the local North East London boy was imperious (that's a football term).

Spurs, apart from the first 20 minutes were never going to lose and how ever many Chelsea pulled back, Spurs would have just carried on scoring. Another twenty minutes and it would have been 8-4!

Wrong decision to send off Routledge - wrong not to send Robert Green off! Referees are such workers nowadays. QPR's Karl Henry should have been sent off.

Hopefully Routledge's red will be rescindereded.

Manchester United should beat teams like Stoke - when will normal service be resumed? Stoke had a stone-wall pen turned down when Smalling handled.

Can Arsenal please buy Smalling? Anyone want Jones and Evans?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

it was joyful for personal reasons, in the event the lad [in los Angeles] and i [in Middle Kingdom] watched the game at the same time with email abuse and joshing flying across the net ... he is pleased as punch with Spurs performance

Foxes most definitely robbed by the ref
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

the bottom teams all picked up something.
            Not quite Alison...more misery heaped by rubbish refs!!!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              Not quite Alison...more misery heaped by rubbish refs!!!
              video replays for refs on difficult decisions cant come soon enough, IMHO.

sorry you got done, JC.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

the bottom teams all picked up something.
                Supporters of teams of the yo-yo persuasion such as Palace feed off scraps like nil all draws offering the vague hope of not as usual being relegated from the top flight after the first season. Last May thanks to T Pulis we had the triumph of our first ever such non-relegation. With Magpies, Pardew seems to have been quite good at getting average players (he was one himself) to perform to the best of their abilities. We shall see ....

Highlight of 2014: Dwight Gayle's last minute equaliser against Liverpool after coming from 3-0 down last May.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Football special part 1 (part 2 tomorrow)

FA Cup 3rd round.

Brentford 0 Brighton 2. Both goals in the last 2 minutes,perfect start for new manager Chris Hughton.
                  Leicester City 1 Newcastle United 0. Forum derby,Foxes on a mini roll,Toon can concentrate on the league.

League games.

Walsall 0 Coventry City 2. Early and late goals secured a much needed win,up to 16th.
                  Wycombe Wanderers 1 Hartlepool United 0. Top v bottom,late red card for our team,well adrfit at the bottom now.
                  Berwick Rangers 3 East Stirlingshire 0. Conceded 3 in 16 minutes eitherside of half time,remain 2nd bottom.
                  Chelmsford 6 (yes Alison SIX) Farnborough 2.Cracking win takes our team up to 3rd.
                  Chesham 3 Truro City 0. Back down to earth,and 5th place,after recent good run.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    (part 2 tomorrow).
                    New Year, same old depression, Rob...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Part 2.

FA Cup 3rd round.

Dover 0 Crystal Palace 4.Nice start for Alan Pardew as the eagles ease into round 4.
                      #### 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1. The Owls were leading for over 50 minutes,lost it in the last minute,grrrrrr
                      Southampton 1 Ipswich Town 1. Both goals in the 1st half,Saints went behind,replay.
                      Stoke City 3 Wrexham 1.Heartbreak for our team,took the lead on 73,conceded 3 in the last 10 minutes.
                      Chelsea 3 Watford 0. Scoreless for almost an hour,then Les Bleues eased through.

League Action.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 St Mirren 0. Forum derby,late goal earned the points,Ross County's draw not good news for the Buddies.
                      Nuneaton 0 Bristol Rovers 2. Super away day and Barnet's defeat means Rovers just 6 points off top spot.
                      Stockport County 0 Tamworth 2. No quality,no fight,no nothing.

Wimbledon v Liverpool is tomorrow.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        New Year, same old depression, Rob...

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

Sorry, dear Edge...

Wimbledon v Liverpool...? Shuddering at the memory....one of THE absolute worst moments...

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            Sorry, dear Edge...

Wimbledon v Liverpool...? Shuddering at the memory....one of THE absolute worst moments...
                            Wasn't that the old Wimbledon?

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Great to see Palace completely dominate admittedly relatively lowly opposition ("it's all over for Dover"), especially having woken up to hear one pundit on Five Live predict a Dover win. Our goalie didn't even have to make a save.

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Have we enjoyed the footie weekend then?

All a bit tepid from my perspective, the split of the cup games over a few days doesn't help and the giant killings struggling for a real sense of note worthiness.

Perhaps a rare Leicester win, a home one at that, should have got me going .....

Comment

Working...
                                X