• Show
Clear All
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

Well done Cloughie old son

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Couldn't resist relinquishing Isolde and reverting to the Palace avatar to welcome an errant eagle (A. Pardew) back to the Selhurst nest.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        Couldn't resist relinquishing Isolde and reverting to the Palace avatar to welcome an errant eagle (A. Pardew) back to the Selhurst nest.
        Feels like a good call by your board gurney. I also notice that Pulis is off the Job Seekers again.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

I fancy West Brom and Palace will both do better as a result of their respective appointments.

A tad harsh on Alan Irvine though.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            I fancy West Brom and Palace will both do better as a result of their respective appointments.

A tad harsh on Alan Irvine though.
            Well perhaps, but maybe he was never the right appointment. He did not shine with Wednesday - a good coach but I guess often lacked a Plan B at 4.25 pm on a Saturday. The right tweaks in the January window will decide the destinies of these clubs - one may still see the open trapdoor.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Well perhaps, but maybe he was never the right appointment. He did not shine with Wednesday - a good coach but I guess often lacked a Plan B at 4.25 pm on a Saturday. The right tweaks in the January window will decide the destinies of these clubs - one may still see the open trapdoor.
              Agree probably not the right appointment. Wouldn't mind seeing West Brom go down but suspect Tony will do the business again.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Agree probably not the right appointment. Wouldn't mind seeing West Brom go down but suspect Tony will do the business again.
                No I'd like them to stay up - I've a soft spot for the Baggies - they play in blue and white stripes - don't forget that they stayed up many years back when Nige was Captain Marvel's No2!

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  No I'd like them to stay up - I've a soft spot for the Baggies - they play in blue and white stripes - don't forget that they stayed up many years back when Nige was Captain Marvel's No2!
                  Ooh, that changes things then. Suppose I'm just institutionally against clubs who sack managers prematurely.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

A striker might help (Palace).

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                      A striker might help (Palace).
                      It's goals that count, I believe my old copies of the Hotspur used to tell me on a weekly basis. Wishing you all lots of three-pointers in the forthcoming months...The Buddies could certainly do with a few, but surely this year has to be better than last.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

yes loadsa goals scored in 2015 by our favourite teams ....

tricklish situation today, the lad [i say lad he is 44] is a Spurs fan and face Les Bleus at the Lane .... i have had to promis not to crow ... actually Spurs are looking pretty good at the moment and might dent Jose's style a little but Pochettino has not beaten him any where ...
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

he has now! wow what a game and Kane and Chadli unplayable
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Amazing game, Spurs-Chelsea, yes, Chelsea defended like they'd been out on the razz last night, but still looked like they might score on any attack in the 2nd half, so skilled and creative was their approach. Spurs didn't really look comfortable even at 5-3. I love watching Chelsea and hoped they'd make it 5-5!

But really, Cal, I'd put it down as a bit of Christmas/New Year freakishness...

(Haven't seen any match reports of Liverpool 2 - 2 Leicester yet, MotD later, but well done to Foxes anyway!).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Calum was right,2015 begins with a forum goal fest.

Aston Villa 0 Crystal Palace 0. Useful point,both teams went close,Alan Pardew in the stands.
                              Liverpool 2 Leicester City 2. Foxes fought back from 2-0 down (both Gerrard penalties),honours even in this forum derby.
                              Newcastle United 3 Burnely 3. Toon were pegged back three times,draw probably fair.
                              Southampton 2 Arsenal 0. Super win helped by some shambolic Gunners defending.
                              Spurs 5 Chelsea 3. What a game!,Bleus first defeat by Tottenham in five seasons lets city in.
                              St Mirren 1 Kilmarnock 2. Fate sealed by a late penalty for the visitors,second half red card didn't help.
                              Ross County 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3. Secured the points on 73 minutes after the hosts had pulled one back,good result for the Buddies too.
                              Bristol Rovers 1 Torquay United 1. Late penalty earned the point,remain second.
                              Ebbsfleet 0 Chelmsford 2. Back to back wins,play off spot in sight.
                              Colwyn Bay 1 Stockport County 2. Scored the winner two minutes before the end, play off spot within reach.
                              Weymouth 1 Truro City 1. A point v promotion rivals takes City up to fourth.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Excellent round up, ER, thanks for your efforts as ever.
                                Great away win for County, would be great to at least reach the playoffs and get the excitement going.

chose a good day to have the tickets at SMS, on amild but gloomy day. Saints just keep on amazing us with their progress. A fully deserved win, with a number of excellent chances spurned by Saints. Koeman made an inspired substitution when Mane, who was looking really dangerous, went off injured in the first half. He brought on a young midfielder Harry Reed, a more defensive type of midfielder, and Saints never looked back.
                                Conversely, at 2 down, Wenger took off Chambers, brought on Walcott, and the game was over as a contest, as Arsenal's back 4 were constantly exposed.

Happy days at SMS, next up Ipswich in the cup. Tickets already sold out at a very reasonable £10 a time. now THAT is good PR.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X