Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Partick Thistle 4. Poor home performance,visitors scored three in 15 minutes either side of half time.
    Down to earth with a crash. Awful performance by all accounts even though ICT had a goal disallowed. Perhaps this is the start of their usual mid-season decline.

Dunstable 1 Hereford United 1 Great news that the Bulls suspension from football has been lifted and an away point too,topsy turvy week.
    That's good news, ER, though I think the Bulls have another court appearance with HMRC so they're not out of the mire yet.

Sorry to see Saints dropping down the table. They seem to be half as effective without Schneiderlin.

Thanks for the roundup.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      ( would be lovely to see the Buddies get something tomorrow).
      Thanks sainty...Top v Bottom today after Ross County's late draw yesterday...in the market for a poor post Europa night performance by 'tic with them hopefully having experienced some horrendous nightmare travel back on Fly Be from Eastern Europe and the Buddies getting a spot of bounceback from the 'boss binning' to take us off the bottom - Gary Teale in charge today - hope springs eternal!
      Last edited by johncorrigan; 14-12-14, 12:38. Reason: oh the pain!

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        hope springs eternal!
        Make that 18 minutes.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          Make that 18 minutes.

Yep John,not good.

Celtic 4 St Mirren 1. Blown away by 3 goals in 18 first half minutes,now prop up the division.
          Manchester United Association Football Club 3 Liverpool 0. Plenty of chances for Liverpool,up against an inspired keeper.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Manchester United 3 Liverpool 0

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Poor Nigel Adkins at Reading. Probably a very good appointment in Steve Clarke however.

I'm going to West Ham on Saturday. Could make for uncomfortable viewing for beleaguered Leicester supporters.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Poor Nigel Adkins at Reading. Probably a very good appointment in Steve Clarke however.

I'm going to West Ham on Saturday. Could make for uncomfortable viewing for beleaguered Leicester supporters.
                Turmoil at Reading, and Nige has paid the price. he'll bounce back.

Have a great day at Upton park, Alison.

I have given up on footy for the second time this week.

not content with losing the QF last night, Saints managed to get big Vic and Morgan booked, and now both suspended for Everton on Saturday.
                Koeman has a big job on right now.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

not content with losing the QF last night, Saints managed to get big Vic and Morgan booked, and now both suspended for Everton on Saturday.
                  To use the footie vernacular, ts, they don't become a poor team overnight and Big Ron doesn't become a poor manager overnight. Blades were always going to be hard nut to crack what with the Cloughie connection (what's that all about?), but Everton are just the team to be playing this week, in my opinion, to get you back on track.

We've got a big 6 pointer against fellow strugglers 'Well this weekend - just what we need for an early Christmas present.
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 17-12-14, 09:16. Reason: The boy done good!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Turmoil at Reading, and Nige has paid the price. he'll bounce back.

Have a great day at Upton park, Alison.

I have given up on footy for the second time this week.

Koeman's off-colour - he has recently heard someone say the c-word at a football match and he's distraught. How long has he been here?

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

What went wrong at Reading then Sainty?

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        What went wrong at Reading then Sainty?
                        AFAIK, the Russian owner did a disappearing act, a few of the better players like Le Fondre were sold,and he was left with a squad that really looks mid table at best. I gather he had two kids at centre half for the defeat at Brum.

Nige will bounce back. he has a great attitude, a good brain, and terrific experience, including getting us out of a terrible start to life back in the PL.

He's a legend at our place, not many managers have back to back promotions on their CV.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

League Cup qtr finals.

Sheffield United 1 Southampton 0. Late red card capped off a miserable night.
                          Derby County 1 Chelsea 3. Late Schurrle goal made sure of the win.
                          Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 3. Safely through a tricky looking tie.
                          Spurs 4 Newcastle United 0. Toon well beaten after Pardew made some changes.

Liverpool v Chelsea in the semis.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

AFAIK, the Russian owner did a disappearing act, a few of the better players like Le Fondre were sold,and he was left with a squad that really looks mid table at best. I gather he had two kids at centre half for the defeat at Brum.

Nige will bounce back. he has a great attitude, a good brain, and terrific experience, including getting us out of a terrible start to life back in the PL.

He's a legend at our place, not many managers have back to back promotions on their CV.
                            Sturrock had but you ditched him! Worked well for us but his strength was in charge of lower division sides.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

this photo feature in the graun caught my eye because it is Stamford Bridge; but as the series progresses others may find it of interest as their grounds are covered ... i certainly recognise the 1950s pictures as familiar!

Explore the history of Stamford Bridge stadium, home of Chelsea Football Club, as part of our new sporting series of then and nows
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Radio64
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                this photo feature in the graun caught my eye because it is Stamford Bridge; but as the series progresses others may find it of interest as their grounds are covered ... i certainly recognise the 1950s pictures as familiar!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-then-and-now
                                some lovely pics there...cheers.
                                "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

Working...
                                X