X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    they change the spelling of that place with the weather !!
    I didn't see the goal,was anyone at fawlt ?

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      There's always Terry Butcher, who did well at Caley for a while before joining a sinking ship at Hibs. With nowhere (well, almost nowhere) to go but up he might be a good option - if he's still hanging around north of the border that is.
      I thought Motherwell were lining him up for a return trip, aeolium.
      Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Jim Goodwin as player manager maybe John ?
      There'd quickly be a furrow appearing between the dug-out and the stand were Big Jim to get the call, Rob.
      Last edited by johncorrigan; 10-12-14, 00:29. Reason: Pep's bound to fancy a challenge!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

Watching Liverpool live week in week out (bearing that cross of our memories), you see it all: last few games - tighter defence, Gerrard heroic but can't be the player he was, midfield lacks stability or creativity (changes of personnel aren't really working to find flair/solidity balance), attack lacks focus. Poor passing!
        When was the last time I thought: "we played above ourselves"? I can't remember...

Markovic: daft to raise a flailing arm to a defender, BUT - sending off LUDICROUS, sort of thing that encourages cheats... funny, we seemed to play better after that. It's no good waiting for adversity to inspire you, is it?

So what's left? Avoiding Chelsea till the League Cup final.... better strike force in the new year for a shot at the FA Cup and Europa League.... oh, I'm dying of excitement...

So now it's Man Utd on Sunday... sorry, I just don't feel the usual tingle (Gary Neville may be right...).
        Wouldn't miss it though.

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Here's one forum team you won't be including in your Saturday round-up for a good while, Rob:

Non-league side Hereford United are suspended "from all football activity" by the Football Association.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Here's one forum team you won't be including in your Saturday round-up for a good while, Rob:

Non-league side Hereford United are suspended "from all football activity" by the Football Association.

A very sad day for football and Hereford, Aeolium.
            Hopefully things can be sorted out, and football resumed at Edgar street very soon.

As a sign of hope, Salisbury City, who were not able to play at all this season due to financial issues, look set to resume at a reasonable level, I would suspect in the Southern league, next season.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

A very sad day for football and Hereford, Aeolium.
              Hopefully things can be sorted out, and football resumed at Edgar street very soon.

As a sign of hope, Salisbury City, who were not able to play at all this season due to financial issues, look set to resume at a reasonable level, I would suspect in the Southern league, next season.
              Well said Sainty.

And Hereford lost their racehorse too.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post

And Hereford lost their racehorse too.
                When was that Alison? I am very out of touch with the horses these days.
                One of the National Hunt heartlands, surely?
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Very sad to hear this aeolium.
                  Many happy memories (results not always favourable) of visiting Edgar Street over the years (lovely drive through Elgar country).
                  A welcoming club and friendly fans,let's hope something can maybe still be done.
                  Remember this ?

Hereford United Chairman Peter Hill cleans up after the team mascot, a large Herefordshire bull, before the Hereford United v Arsenal FA Cup 3rd Round match played at Edgar Street, Hereford in January 1985. The match was drawn 1-1 but Arsenal trounced Hereford 7-2 in the replay

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

When was that Alison? I am very out of touch with the horses these days.
                    One of the National Hunt heartlands, surely?
                    December 2012. And yes a National Hunt heartland.

There must be some very disgruntled sports fans down there.
                    Last edited by Alison; 11-12-14, 11:09.

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Remember this ?

Hereford United Chairman Peter Hill cleans up after the team mascot, a large Herefordshire bull, before the Hereford United v Arsenal FA Cup 3rd Round match played at Edgar Street, Hereford in January 1985. The match was drawn 1-1 but Arsenal trounced Hereford 7-2 in the replay
                      Lovely picture, ER (before my time in this area). Not quite the same as the Selhurst Park eagle, not so much pace across the pitch (perhaps a comment on the relative styles of play of the two clubs).
                      Let's hope HUFC can rise like a phoenix from the ashes...

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Champions League.

Liverpool
                        1 Basel 1. Disastrous campaign ends in elimination.
                        Chelsea 3 Sporting Lisbon 1. Unbeaten Blues win the group with ease.

Football League Trophy.

Bristol City 2 Coventry City 0. Concentrate on the league time.

That's yer results bang up to date.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Forum update -

Burnley 1 Southampton 0. Recent bad run continues despie plenty of chances,not helped by a saved penalty.
                          Chelsea 2 Hull City 0. Back on track despite not being at their best,helped by a Hull red card.
                          Crystal Palace 1 Stoke City 1. Both goals in the first 15 minutes,remain just outside the relegation zone.
                          Leicester City 0 man city 1. Dreadful run continues,fell behind just before the break,just one shot on target.
                          Arsenal 4 Newcastle United 1. Back down to earth with a bang,conceded three in the second half.
                          Brighton 0 Millwall 1. Poor form continues,one win in last 17 games,remain in the relegation zone.
                          Sheffield Wednesday 0 Wolves 1. Plenty of missed chances,conceded the goal in the last 5 minutes.
                          Port Vale 0 Coventry City 2. Super away day,made sure of the points in the last minute.
                          Burton Albion 4 Hartlepool United 0. Nightmare season continues,conceded on half time,fell apart after the break.
                          York City 2 Wimbledon 3. From 3-1 up conceded a second with 15 minutes left but managed to hold on for the win.
                          Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Partick Thistle 4. Poor home performance,visitors scored three in 15 minutes either side of half time.
                          East Stirlingshire 2 Arbroath 3. From 2-1 up on 56 minutes,let it slip.
                          Chelmsford 3 Eastbourne 2. Up to 5th in the table thanks to a 92nd minute winner.
                          Arlesey 2 Truro City 3. Managed to hang on for a great away result,7th.
                          Dunstable 1 Hereford United 1 Great news that the Bulls suspension from football has been lifted and an away point too,topsy turvy week.

FA Trophy 1st round.

Southport 1 Wrexham 1. Reports suggest Wrexham were fortunate to get away with a replay.
                          Ramsbottom United 0 Stockport County 3. Potential tricky tie against lower league opposition safely negotiated.
                          Bristol Rovers 0 Bath City 2. Surprise defeat,time to concentrate on the promotion push.

tomorrow it's Manchester United Association Football Club v Liverpool and Celtic v St Mirren

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

thanks for the round up ER, great service as ever.

Narrow margins in footy, the odd missed chance or whatever.....

Rudyard Kipling time for Saints fans .!!

( would be lovely to see the Buddies get something tomorrow).

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

thanks for the round up ER, great service as ever.

Narrow margins in footy, the odd missed chance or whatever.....

Rudyard Kipling time for Saints fans .!!

( would be lovely to see the Buddies get something tomorrow).
                              Owls and Saints same fate today - so many matches these days seem to be 0-0 or the odd goal with missed chances on both sides. Sometimes think that rather than concentrating on a tight defence should go for the Bournemouth approach.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Hull were ripped-off. The ref's a gonad.

Comment

Working...
                                X