• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Scottish Cup 4th round replay.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 St Mirren 0. Forum derby,Buddies well beaten,ICT march on.What was the manager's excuse John ?
    I think he's bought some 'off-the-peg' excuses on ebay, second hand from Alan Pardew who doesn't need them this year, Rob.
    The Buddies boss told BBC Scotland: "We looked totally bereft of confidence from the very first goal. Once that went in you could see our confidence draining.
    We can't afford to give a goal away, let alone four."
    I expect the next press confidence to bemoan the quality of excuses these days.
    Last edited by johncorrigan; 04-12-14, 09:11. Reason: unless we win that is...fat chance!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      I think he's bought some 'off-the-peg' excuses on ebay, second hand from Alan Pardew who doesn't need them this year, Rob.
      The Buddies boss told BBC Scotland: "We looked totally bereft of confidence from the very first goal. Once that went in you could see our confidence draining.
      Looks like a rerun of the Suprcaley headline for Celtic read Buddies!

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        It could have been a lot worse, jc. I was listening to the Sportsound commentary and Caley apparently missed four or five golden chances and should have been out of sight at half time. I think that hoary old favourite of commentators, "defence parting like the Red Sea", may have been pulled out of the cliche cupboard. The Buddies were unlucky to have come across an Inverness side at the top of their game and unlike earlier in the season going all out on attack from the start.

The English Premiership already looks like a two-horse race (though perhaps 9 or 10 contenders for relegation). Saints were a bit unlucky to lose last night. If the manager hadn't made all his substitutions before that defender got injured then they might have held out. But they clearly missed Schneiderlin and the squad looks to lack depth.

Thanks for the round-up, ER.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
          It could have been a lot worse, jc. I was listening to the Sportsound commentary and Caley apparently missed four or five golden chances and should have been out of sight at half time. I think that hoary old favourite of commentators, "defence parting like the Red Sea", may have been pulled out of the cliche cupboard. The Buddies were unlucky to have come across an Inverness side at the top of their game and unlike earlier in the season going all out on attack from the start.

The English Premiership already looks like a two-horse race (though perhaps 9 or 10 contenders for relegation). Saints were a bit unlucky to lose last night. If the manager hadn't made all his substitutions before that defender got injured then they might have held out. But they clearly missed Schneiderlin and the squad looks to lack depth.

Thanks for the round-up, ER.
          funny thing squad depth.
          our best area for real quality cover is central Midfield, but we finished last night missing Schneiderlin, Cork, Ward -Prowse and Toby(who is a defender primarily, but has been superb covering in midfield). TBH, no team would be unaffected by that number of proper first teamers missing in one area.
          Nonetheless, it is true that smaller clubs will always struggle with being able to cover in the depth that the top half dozen can.
          I don't thing Big Ron had much chance with the substitution, as Long was clearly carrying a knock. Losing Toby was such a blow, he really is top class. I really hope we can get him permanently, (I think we have an option to buy).

anyway, cometh the hour......
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

SCENE: FA Tribunal.
            TIME: Grey afternoon, December 2014.

Panelled Oak, stern men in suits...
            "Good afternoon Mr. Balotelli, please sit down..
            We have considered all the evidence in your case, and here is our judgement:

You're not the Messiah, you're a very naughty boy!
            Now go away and behave yourself!"

Dear Mario... he couldn't resist posting a racist-anti-racist joke poster, could he? Kicking his heels around Melwood, chatting distractedly to physios... he gets bored and makes trouble for fun...
            For heaven's sake someone, give him a cat. Shankly, it's time for your second coming!

The tom cat, who brought Liverpool’s home clash with Spurs to a halt when he strayed on to the turf, has escaped from his foster home

Barney Ronay: Given Mario Balotelli’s background and experiences it would perverse and draconian to punish him over his Instagram post
            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 04-12-14, 16:35.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Oh yes, the footie...

Tough months for me, tough months for Liverpool FC, c'est la vie...

With the 2-2 in Razgrad, Brendan Rogers seems ( belatedly, one might think...) finally to have decided to grit it out...
              A grittily desperate, cut-head header from Johnson for 1-0 against Stoke, a laboured victory against lively Leicester (who worried us to the end, 3-1 never looked safe till injury time)... with a better strike force in the new year we might even compete for 4th against superteams like Southampton!... truly, we Liverpool fans bear the cross of our memories. But wait, there's always the League Cup! Are Chelsea still in that? Ah...
              Time was, we won that one for fun...

Don't despair, teamsaint!
              ... keep tight, keep your shape. Aim high. I do take a perverse delight that Southampton, who seemed to sell us their best players, have ridden high while we shuffle the team, moan and languish mid-table... truly, the manager is all. Everything comes from the top.

But - next week, a true European Night to thrill to, the atmosphere steaming out of the TV! Hope my heart can stand it....
              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 05-12-14, 01:47.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Thanks for the positive Leicester verdict, Jayne. I'm encouraged!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Good to have you back on the footy board Jayne,this Rafa back to Anfield rumour isn't going away.
                  Any words of encouragement for Stockport County ?

and Alison,what on earth has Nige Pearson been saying ?

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Yeah he was a bit out of order there. But I support him still!

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Good to have you back on the footy board Jayne,this Rafa back to Anfield rumour isn't going away.
                      Any words of encouragement for Stockport County ?

and Alison,what on earth has Nige Pearson been saying ?
                      Rafa and loads of dosh for players so he can sideline all Rodgers purchases - are the Liverpool owners that desperate? But then they brought Dalglish back without giving Hodgson a chance!

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Yeah he was a bit out of order there. But I support him still!
                        It's tough at the bottom - but he needs to keep fans and players on board.

Maybe this approach is right - I personally think Stu is the best manager we've had since Trevor Francis, though Sturrock did a job for us for a while.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

"Stu is the best manager we've had since Trevor Francis, though Sturrock did a job for us"

When one utters sentences like that, one knows the team one follows is crud!!

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                            "Stu is the best manager we've had since Trevor Francis, though Sturrock did a job for us"

When one utters sentences like that, one knows the team one follows is crud!!
                            Bit harsh Beefy. Cloughie knows Wednesday's history and current scene very well. He's a good judge.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Bit harsh Beefy. Cloughie knows Wednesday's history and current scene very well. He's a good judge.
                              They should have kept Eustace for a few more years.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Thanks Alison. One question Beefy - When and Why did you become a Man U supporter?

Comment

Working...
                                X