X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

FOOTBALL PINK -

Newcastle United 1 Liverpool 0. Forum derby,Pardew out banners nowhere to be seen,Liverpool a shadow,missing Jayne.
    Chelsea 2 QPR 1. Proved to be a tough game for the leaders,still unbeaten.
    Hull City 0 Southampton 1. Great run continues,do we like that !
    Leicester City 0 West Brom 1. Undone by an O.G,early season form a distant memory.
    Charlton Athletic 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1. Took the lead,mid table.
    Bournemouth 3 Brighton 2. Managed to equalise twice but couldn't find the 3rd,just above the relegation zone.
    Leyton Orient 2 Coventry City 2. Last minute goal secured the point.
    Hartlepool United 2 Newport County 2. Fought back from 0-2 with goals in the last 10 minutes.
    Northampton Town 2 Wimbledon 0. Still in the game until the hosts got the 2nd in the last minute.
    Celtic 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Went behind just after the break,now 4th.
    Dundee United 3 St Mirren 0. Well beaten by the league leaders.
    Telford United 0 Bristol Rovers 1. Scored early in the 2nd half,up to 4th.(missisng Anna and 8O)
    Wrexham 0 Halifax 0. Points dropped at home,11th.
    Basingstoke Town 1 Chelmsford 2. A super away win v the league leaders,2nd half penalty sealed it.
    Harrogate Town 2 Stockport County 1. Had enough 2nd half chances to win the game,but if you don't take them.....

FA Trophy 1st qualifying round.

Truro City 3 Egham Town (nicknamed the Sarnies !!!) 0. Safely through a tricky looking tie v lower league opposition.
    Totton 1 Hereford United 2. Also through a difficult looking away tie.

East Stirlingshire play tomorrow.
    Crystal Palace play on Monday.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      FOOTBALL PINK -

Newcastle United 1 Liverpool 0. Forum derby,Pardew out banners nowhere to be seen,Liverpool a shadow,missing Jayne.
      Chelsea 2 QPR 1. Proved to be a tough game for the leaders,still unbeaten.
      Hull City 0 Southampton 1. Great run continues,do we like that !
      Leicester City 0 West Brom 1. Undone by an O.G,early season form a distant memory.
      Charlton Athletic 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1. Took the lead,mid table.
      Bournemouth 3 Brighton 2. Managed to equalise twice but couldn't find the 3rd,just above the relegation zone.
      Leyton Orient 2 Coventry City 2. Last minute goal secured the point.
      Hartlepool United 2 Newport County 2. Fought back from 0-2 with goals in the last 10 minutes.
      Northampton Town 2 Wimbledon 0. Still in the game until the hosts got the 2nd in the last minute.
      Celtic 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0. Went behind just after the break,now 4th.
      Dundee United 3 St Mirren 0. Well beaten by the league leaders.
      Telford United 0 Bristol Rovers 1. Scored early in the 2nd half,up to 4th.(missisng Anna and 8O)
      Wrexham 0 Halifax 0. Points dropped at home,11th.
      Basingstoke Town 1 Chelmsford 2. A super away win v the league leaders,2nd half penalty sealed it.
      Harrogate Town 2 Stockport County 1. Had enough 2nd half chances to win the game,but if you don't take them.....

FA Trophy 1st qualifying round.

Truro City 3 Egham Town (nicknamed the Sarnies !!!) 0. Safely through a tricky looking tie v lower league opposition.
      Totton 1 Hereford United 2. Also through a difficult looking away tie.

East Stirlingshire play tomorrow.
      Crystal Palace play on Monday.
      Many thanks once again Rob

You're right about Wrexham's dropping points at home again, they haven't won since September, but to hold tearaway Halifax and maintain a clean sheet is some achievement I think.
      Last edited by Guest; 01-11-14, 22:32. Reason: trypo

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Thanks for the excellent and swift round up ER. Great stuff.

Pards(also still popular down here) seems to be getting Toon back on track.
        Not a vintage day for the board teams. Sounds like Saints had to work hard against a Hull side who will trouble plenty of teams this season.
        hard to believe how the season is going for our boys, but I have no doubt it is due in part to good footballing principles.

Our new loan CB Toby unpronouncable in certainly one to watch out for. Makes it all look very easy.
        Last edited by teamsaint; 01-11-14, 22:34.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

How quickly have our fortunes declined.

Great result Chelmsford.

Comment

• aeolium
            • Nov 2010

Great round-up as usual, ER.

Hughes was too defensive-minded here. When Caley went on the attack with 15 minutes to go, they had four great chances and should have at least equalised. Billy McKay who can't buy a goal nowadays missed another sitter. Still, at least Hereford won away.

Well done to Saints again. On the MotD highlights it didn't seem as though Hull had so much as a shot, though Saints' goal came from an awful howler by the keeper. Chelsea were lucky imv - QPR could have equalised at the end (I thought there was a QPR supporter on the Forum somewhere?)

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Stockport beat local rivals.....

Stockport County fan outbids Manchester United and City supporters in auction set up by new dad for his son's football allegiance.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                Stockport beat local rivals.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29894631
                Quality.

Did you notice the link further down the page to the goal of the season,in any competition anywhere ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Quality.

Did you notice the link further down the page to the goal of the season,in any competition anywhere ?
                  Sweet.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Results catch up.

Scottish cup.

East Stirlingshire 1 Dunfermline Athletic 4. Well beaten by 2nd half blitz.

League.

Crystal Palace 1 Sunderland 3. Denied a penalty in the opening minute and captain sent off towards the end.
                    Brighton 1 Wigan Athletic 0. Scored in the 1st minute and held on for a much needed 3 points.
                    Sheffield Wednesday 0 Bournemouth 2. Man sent off then conceded 2 goals to the surprise leaders.

Champions league.

Real Madrid 1 Liverpool 0. Good effort,maybe deserved a point.
                    Maribor 1 Chelsea 1. Missed penalty cost points,remain top of the group.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Forum round up -

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2. Forum derby,still a struggle for reds,blues march on,with help from goal line technlogy.
                      Man Utd 1 Crytal Palace 0. Eagles remain just above the bottom 3,apparently missed a glorious 1st half chance.
                      Southampton 2 Leicester City 0. Forum derby,Saints amazing run continues as does Foxes dismal form.
                      Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 Hamilton Academical 2. Super win v the 2nd placed team,top of the table.
                      St Mirren 0 Partick Thistle 1. Conceded in the 75th minute,Ross County won and now on level points with our team at the bottom.
                      East Stirlingshire 0 Berwick Rangers 2. Poor result,a man sent off,2nd from bottom.
                      Brighton 1 Blackburn Rovers 1. Led at the break,let it slip,remain in a precarious position.
                      Sheffield Wednesday 0 Rotherham United 0. Points dropped at home,mid table.
                      Chelmsford 1 Hayes and Yeading 1. Scored very early,conceded very late,9th.
                      Stockport County 2 Brackley Town 1. Dontcha just love a 90th minute winner,8th
                      St Neots Town 0 Truro City 2. Led at the break,made sure in the last minute,6th.
                      Hereford United 4 Arlesey Town 1. Thumping win,3 goals in the first half hour,16th.

FA cup 1st round

Hartlepool United 2 East Thurrock United 0. Safely through a potential tricky tie with a goal in each half.
                      Tranmere Rovers 1 Bristol Rovers 0. Hosts had a man sent off in the 2nd half but our team couldn't find the equaliser.
                      York City 1 Wimbledon 1. Both goals in the opening 20 minutes,replay.

Newcastle,Coventry and Wrexham play tomorrow
                      Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 08-11-14, 21:17.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Forum round up -

Liverpool 1 Chelsea 2. Forum derby,still a struggle for reds,blues march on,with help from goal line technlogy.
                        Man Utd 1 Crytal Palace 0. Eagles remain just above the bottom 3,apparently missed a glorious 1st half chance.
                        Southampton 2 Leicester City 0. Forum derby,Saints amazing run continues as does Foxes dismal form.
                        Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4 Hamilton Academical 2. Super win v the 2nd placed team,top of the table.
                        St Mirren 0 Partick Thistle 1. Conceded in the 75th minute,Ross County won and now on level points with our team at the bottom.
                        East Stirlingshire 0 Berwick Rangers 2. Poor result,a man sent off,2nd from bottom.
                        Brighton 1 Blackburn Rovers 1. Led at the break,let it slip,remain in a precarious position.
                        Sheffield Wednesday 0 Rotherham United 0. Points dropped at home,mid table.
                        Chelmsford 1 Hayes and Yeading 1. Scored very early,conceded very late,9th.
                        Stockport County 2 Brackley Town 1. Dontcha just love a 90th minute winner,8th
                        St Neots Town 0 Truro City 2. Led at the break,made sure in the last minute,6th.
                        Hereford United 4 Arlesey Town 1. Thumping win,3 goals in the first half hour,16th.

FA cup 1st round

Hartlepool United 2 East Thurrock United 0. Safely through a potential tricky tie with a goal in each half.
                        Tranmere Rovers 0 Bristol Rovers 0. Hosts had a man sent off in the 2nd half but our team couldn't find the equaliser.
                        York City 1 Wimbledon 1. Both goals in the opening 20 minutes,replay.

Newcastle,Coventry and Wrexham play tomorrow

Cheers as ever ER my son reported a minor classic from Mr. Stelling, most famous Hartlepool supporter, "...good job we are not playing the whole of Thurrock...."

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Thanks for the update ER, fabulous service.
                          A few decent results dotted around there.

Wasn't there today, but saw most of the game on a stream. Leicester look a really well drilled unit, but they are clearly lacking some PL quality up front. They need to grind out a win or two before january, and somehow find a few goals in the transfer window. Its a long season, and a couple of quick wins can make the world of difference in the bottom 6.

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Thanks for encouraging verdict Sainty. Sounds like we were holding out pretty well before buckling to sustained pressure.

Next up: Sunderland at home. Speak tomorrow night no doubt.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

St Mirren 0 Partick Thistle 1. Conceded in the 75th minute, Ross County won and now on level points with our team at the bottom.
                              Oh it just gets worse and worse, Rob - this manager was assistant last year and has shown no sign that anything is improved in any way...the reverse. The weekend result combinations were bad enough with Ross County and Motherwell both winning...also Big Jim's been banned again for use of the elbow - sorry but the Manager needs to do the decent thing.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

the veggie men in the local Saturday market are Leicester fans; they all want Pearson to go ... and Richard Cockerill at Tigers ...

good to see Fulham finding some form, les bleus winning and even Harry's men at QPR going a dream against Man City ... good day for West London lads .... i have lived in the middle kingdom for just over half my years now and find it strange that the allegiances formed in childhood prevail with such intensity [heart rate in games innit] while remaining warmly indifferent to Leicester ... or Peterborough &c .... [or the Cobblers so help us ....] any one else living far from their attachments in football?
                                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X