X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Yes exciting times at Leicester. We could do with a win sometime.
    You're doing OK against sides who would expect to beat you - wins will come soon enough against lesser sides! Leave the plans for Nigel!

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      You're doing OK against sides who would expect to beat you - wins will come soon enough against lesser sides! Leave the plans for Nigel!
      Thank goodness we didn't let him go after the disappointing second half of season 12/13.

Hey Cloughie you're giving us plenty of respect! Thanks.

Comment

• John Wright
        • Mar 2007

I WAS THERE! Coventry's Sky Blues returned to the Ricoh Arena stadium, over 27,000 near full capacity for the game against Gillingham.

Grown men had tears in their eyes as the team ran out onto the pitch. First half was entertaining, some good passing from the lads and that led to a very slick goal which was to be the winning goal. One good moment in the second half was when we almost scored from the half-way line, the Gills goalie did well to stop that one

But the second half was really really dull stuff, and we just didn't know what to do when we reached the 18 yard box, and our goalie looks decidedly dodgy. I couldn't watch this stuff week-in-week-out so no season ticket lads, sorry.
        - - -

John W

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by John Wright View Post

I WAS THERE! Coventry's Sky Blues returned to the Ricoh Arena stadium, over 27,000 near full capacity for the game against Gillingham.

Grown men had tears in their eyes as the team ran out onto the pitch. First half was entertaining, some good passing from the lads and that led to a very slick goal which was to be the winning goal. One good moment in the second half was when we almost scored from the half-way line, the Gills goalie did well to stop that one

But the second half was really really dull stuff, and we just didn't know what to do when we reached the 18 yard box, and our goalie looks decidedly dodgy. I couldn't watch this stuff week-in-week-out so no season ticket lads, sorry.
          Back where you belong geographically at any rate! How's Reda doing there - he should help you to get nearer to the Championship if he stays fit!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post

Yes John,great night for Cov fans,and a good cup win this week to celebrate.

Unlike final score on the BBC we still provide a results service on non Premiership weekends.
            Officially non-league day today,I was at Droylsden 2 Darlington 1 (decent game of footy it was too)
            Evo Stick League first division north,in case you were wondering.

Midweek football league trophy.

Wimbledon 2 Southend United 2.Dons through on penalties.
            Wycombe Wanderers 0 Coventry City 1. Scored midway through the second half.

Weekend league games

Coventry City 1 Gillingham 0.Early goal sealed the points on Friday evening.
            Carlisle United 4 Wimbledon 4. Long trip,4-2 down,then 2 goals in the last 10 mins after Carlisle had a man sent off.
            Hartlepool United 2 Shrewsbury Town 0. Second win of the season against the team in 4th place.
            Braintree Town 2 Bristol Rovers 0. Disappointing defeat after Rovers looked to be finding some form recently.
            Forest Green Rovers 0 Wrexham 1.Second half goal earned the points,up to 7th.
            Bromley 0 Chelmsford 1. Great win against the team starting the day in 2nd place.
            Hednedford 1 Stockport County 1. Second half equaliser earned a good point,up to 7th.
            Truro City 3 Hitchin Town 0. Super win,steadily climbing the table
            Histon 0 Hereford United 0. Would have expected more against the team starting the day pointless.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Thanks for the roundup ER.

great to see Cov getting such a great turn out. Thing must improve now.#

Good to see Stockport up in the right part of the table.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

We're hoping to be crowned World Champs today. Come on wee Gordy!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Reading about Anton Bruckner today, I was reminded that he once played at Crystal Palace ... on the organ not in the midfield.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                    Reading about Anton Bruckner today, I was reminded that he once played at Crystal Palace ... on the organ not in the midfield.
                    ah...gig you would love to have been at.

Buddy Holly played at Southampton Gaumont a couple of times......wouldn't THAT have been something to see........
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

[QUOTE=teamsaint;427304]

Buddy Holly played at Southampton Gaumont. [QUOTE]
                      That'll be the day.

Blinkin' Müller - he's useful at corners by the way!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        Blinkin' Müller - he's useful at corners by the way!
                        Didn't see the game,were Scotland a bit unlucky ?

Portugal 0 Albania 1,what's all that about ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Anybody watch Engerland?
                          Thought they played some reasonable football considering the modest talent available to select from.

Roy has 18 months to
                          1. Realise that Clyne is a proper RB.
                          2. Teach Baines how to defend or get shaw fit
                          3. Find a top class CB.(unless he can find unexpected improvement in Jones.)
                          4. Find a top class central midfielder, or find somebody prepared to give Wilshire some meaningful individual tuition.
                          5. get Theo fit.
                          6. Practice penalties.
                          7. Teach his players not to give the ball away when holding a lead.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Mrs ER asked me why I wasn't watching the game.
                            I couldn't be bothered I'm afraid.
                            Glad they won though.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

alas it rekindled hope .....

a young fast attacking side that could develop ... oh no not again!
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

England should qualify now.

Comment

Working...
                                X