X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

To quote KK, "I would luvvit" if Wimbledon had won.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      Thanks, ER.

Inverness' manager John Hughes is trying to get them to play tiki-taki football which mainly involves passing sideways or back. He wants them to become a sort of Barcelona-on-the-Ness, minus Messi, Iniesta, Xavi....It just ends up as tacky football, and fantastically dull to watch (sad as ICT actually have some good players). There'll be plenty more games this season where they don't score.

Still, it could be worse - it could be the Buddies (sorry, john c). How could they lose to Hamilton, who looked cast-iron certainties for relegation against ICT?
      Tacky footie...nice one aeolium.

Wacky footie at St Mirren Park. I can already hear the arrival of the delivery van with its package of shoogly pegs. It's going to be a long groany season.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Tony Pulis leaves Palace

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Tony Pulis leaves Palace
          whats that all about?!

seems this may scupper Corky's move to Selhurst apparently.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Indeed, what is it about?

After what he did for the club last season.

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              To quote KK, "I would luvvit" if Wimbledon had won.
              Thanks EA, well, we won away today and franchise lost -- so hopefully moving towards that day when we will indeed triumph on the pitch!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Time to look away now if you don't want to know the results.

Leicester City 2 Everton 2. Late equaliser secured a point.
                Arsenal 2 Crystal Palace 1. Conceded in the last minute.
                Birmingham City 1 Brighton 0. Still pointless.
                Sheffield Wednesday 0 Derby County 0. Good point v one of the promotion favourites.
                Coventry City 1 Sheffield United 0. Late OG secured the win.
                Hartlepool United 0 Bury 2. Poor start to the season continues.
                Luton Town 0 Wimbledon 1. Super away day,good start to the season.
                Motherwell 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2. Ex Stockport player Greg Tansey scored,great start.
                Altrincham 2 Bristol Rovers 1. Threw away a point with an OG.
                Wrexham 1 Nuneaton 0. Early goal secured the win.
                Bath City 0 Chelmsford 0. First point in the bag.
                Tamworth 0 Stockport County 1. Season starts here.
                Cambridge City 1 Truro City 1. A great point v the top of the league team.
                Dorchester 3 Hereford United 0. Bulls struggling,on and off the pitch.

Liverpool,Southampton and Newcastle play tomorrow,Chelsea on Monday.

St Mirren didn't play.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  Time to look away now if you don't want to know the results.

Leicester City 2 Everton 2. Late equaliser secured a point.
                  Arsenal 2 Crystal Palace 1. Conceded in the last minute.
                  Birmingham City 1 Brighton 0. Still pointless.
                  Sheffield Wednesday 0 Derby County 0. Good point v one of the promotion favourites.
                  Coventry City 1 Sheffield United 0. Late OG secured the win.
                  Hartlepool United 0 Bury 2. Poor start to the season continues.
                  Luton Town 0 Wimbledon 1. Super away day,good start to the season.
                  Motherwell 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2. Ex Stockport player Greg Tansey scored,great start.
                  Altrincham 2 Bristol Rovers 1. Threw away a point with an OG.
                  Wrexham 1 Nuneaton 0. Early goal secured the win.
                  Bath City 0 Chelmsford 0. First point in the bag.
                  Tamworth 0 Stockport County 1. Season starts here.
                  Cambridge City 1 Truro City 1. A great point v the top of the league team.
                  Dorchester 3 Hereford United 0. Bulls struggling,on and off the pitch.

Liverpool,Southampton and Newcastle play tomorrow,Chelsea on Monday.

St Mirren didn't play.
                  Wrexham's win against Nuneaton must have been galling as The Robins' new manager is ex-Nuneaton, and the goal-scorer is too

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
                    Thanks as ever ER for your round-up, and for giving franchise the smallest point size you can!

Not bothered about the result, I was at a pub quiz with some fellow members of my local choir, too bevvied up to be upset when someone showed me the result on their iPhone.

What is a pain is them drawing Man United at home in the next round. I guess it was always going to happen some day, but it rubs it in that it's as a direct result of beating us.

Still, Winkelman is supposedly showing his true colours by bragging about "the biggest tie in our history." Hmm, thought that was the 88 Cup final.
                    Yet I can't bring myself to hope for a manyoo win,sorry LL.
                    Wish they could both lose.

Comment

• Ockeghem's Razor

For those breathlessly awaiting the news from Ochilview, the Shire beat Elgin City 2-1 before a crowd (?) of 293.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        St Mirren didn't play.
                        No change there, Rob. Don't know why the Aberdeen game was postponed. The Dons must've bottled it!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ockeghem's Razor View Post
                          For those breathlessly awaiting the news from Ochilview, the Shire beat Elgin City 2-1 before a crowd (?) of 293.
                          Apologies OR,I should have included East Stirlingshire.

Liverpool 2 Southampton 1. Forum derby,Saints probably deserved a point.
                          Newcastle United 0 man city 2. Toon a bit unlucky.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

Sunshine, fresh grass, swift feet, here they come, I thought, leaping out of the blocks...!
                            Hmm... more like feeling your way in very cautiously. Doing everything by halves.
                            (At half-time, even Graeme Souness seemed half-asleep).

The Liverpool players gave a half-hearted rendition of "We ain't missing you at all..." But they looked a bit, well, toothless without HIM, didn't they. Lacking HIS cutting edge... sorry, this is just too easy...
                            Easy, now, to forget how unselfish LS is, bringing out the best in those around him. And that kettlepot Scudamore saying that Suarez "damaged the Premiership brand"...!?

Anyway, like a builder with a sliderule, Henderson gave us a bit of grit and a wonderpass. Sterling, foppish-artist hair ever shinier and bouncier, putted in for a par. Southampton repied with a wonderheel..
                            Two goalmouth incidents in the last 11 minutes - we scored, they didn't. Result!
                            But greatly cheered by the news from Old Trafford on Saturday. All smiles round here...
                            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 18-08-14, 02:54.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

saw the last half hour in a bar at Wickham festival.

I reckon Rodgers would bite your hand off for a 4th place finish right now. Suarez really is irreplaceable.

A brilliant fingertip save stopped us equalising.

our lot look as though they might be OK as long as we don't panic if few wins don't come our way soon.
                              Last edited by teamsaint; 18-08-14, 14:57.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post

But greatly cheered by the news from Old Trafford on Saturday. All smiles round here...
                                You know, I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for Man U.

Comment

Working...
                                X