Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Serves em right for only having one English lad on pitch and one on the bench....can you imagine Martin Keone NOT smashing that ball into the stands and taking the goalies head with if necessary....
    bong ching

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

There's a lot of truth in that comment.

Comment

• John Wright
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        No, John W, my apologies. I need to clarify. I am a "silver lite" member. For about £30 per annum, this gives me an entitlement to purchase match tickets at £40 plus or to choose not to buy any at all. On some years I also get a short video that features the manager and the players eating in the club restaurant and an interview with the chef.
        Wow, they really look after you at the Arab stadium! (I guessed you didn't have a season tkt, was just curious what)

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        If I stop paying the subscription, I have to wait for - oh, I don't know, 75 years - to be a "silver lite" member again. In the meantime, I could become a "red" member at some point. This would enable me to see the third team play Grimsdyke Juniors FC and a proper evening match every so often. But only if I fight against millions of others to win the equivalent of the Krypton Factor.

Quite different state of affairs here at Coventry. After 15 years of season tkt I just could not bear the dire footie anymore, nor the CHORE that it is going to a match. At the old Highfield Rd ground we could drink around the corner for two hours, and stroll to the ground at five-to three. Now the ground is a mile from the nearest pub, and on our side of town that mile is a canal towpath, not great when it's wet or icy. So, a 25 minute trudge either side of the game is not what we want (parking AT the ground is 7 quid, beer AT the ground is, I think, watery Tetley). No wonder the stadium is only ever half full. I now watch a non-league team (said earlier that family member plays for em).

anyway, great for Birmingham, a very effective substitution if ever there was one! And he's an African on loan from Russia?!??
        - - -

John W

Comment

• scottycelt

Aye ... so that doesn't really say a great deal for you English laddies, then, does it? ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Sorry ... that was a response to #61/62 ... but then again who really cares? ...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

i see the spiders are about again...
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
                Wow, they really look after you at the Arab stadium! (I guessed you didn't have a season tkt, was just curious what)

Quite different state of affairs here at Coventry. After 15 years of season tkt I just could not bear the dire footie anymore, nor the CHORE that it is going to a match. At the old Highfield Rd ground we could drink around the corner for two hours, and stroll to the ground at five-to three. Now the ground is a mile from the nearest pub, and on our side of town that mile is a canal towpath, not great when it's wet or icy. So, a 25 minute trudge either side of the game is not what we want (parking AT the ground is 7 quid, beer AT the ground is, I think, watery Tetley). No wonder the stadium is only ever half full. I now watch a non-league team (said earlier that family member plays for em).

anyway, great for Birmingham, a very effective substitution if ever there was one! And he's an African on loan from Russia?!??
                i was thinking about Cov the other day...thinking back to our clashes in Div 1, and more recently the CCC.(My first game back in 1971 was Saints V cov).

As a stadium, I like the Ricoh in design terms.Not trying to be confrontational...but has there ever been a sell out?
                If Cov ever get back to the PL(hopefully after we have leapfrogged you !!) I think they will get a great atmosphere in there.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Can the marvellous Leicester City be promoted ?

One of my favourite memories is the play off final against
                  Crystal Palace Wembley 1996. I was there.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

...a win is a win is a win ALLEZ LES BLEUS
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                      ...a win is a win is a win ALLEZ LES BLEUS
                      Poor old Chelsea – now beginning to sound like the old Manchester City, who would be happy to be relegated, so long as they beat Man Ure.

Well, now your season is saved – you have beaten Man Utd! Bully for you!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Did you beat us?....tsch!!....was Anderson playing?....if yes, that's why....

off to Guardian ....prepare for fast edit....
                        bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

..my enthusiasm is undimmed

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Only 3 offsides in the game....http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/3111218
                            bong ching

Comment

• Auferstehen2

No, I don't think Manchester United were robbed last night.

I think justice was done when David Luiz was not sent off for fouling a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place, thanks to his hooligan act on Wigan's McCarthy last Saturday, which went unpunished.

Not all Manchester United fans are blind to the facts.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

..i have just discovered the other blues fan in the middle kingdom ... my enthusiasm surges, been having hot flushes all day must be the 500mg of diclofenac i took this am ....
                                Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 02-03-11, 18:11. Reason: finger missing typing innit

Comment

Working...
                                X