• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

The Round Ball Game

... i know i know, footie and footballers, this is an R3 forum and all ...

but some may follow the vicissitudes of clubs and watch games and quite like to drop the odd comment or two ....

such where is your money going tonight Arsenal or Barcelona?

and didn't Harry do well in his comments about Gatuso head butting Joe Jordan? oh and his team won .... No 1 son is a Spurs follower, lives in the USA, he might ring me about twice a year if i am lucky, he rang last night! gloating about the game and Spurs superior position to Chelski in the league ... and Gatuso ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Frances_iom
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    merely a displacement activity of those with them - one wonders at the intelligence of those who give any significance to such manufactured activities as 22 'grown' men chasing a bit of replacement leather around a field.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

but some may follow the vicissitudes of clubs and watch games and quite like to drop the odd comment or two ....

such where is your money going tonight Arsenal or Barcelona?

and didn't Harry do well in his comments about Gatuso head butting Joe Jordan? oh and his team won .... No 1 son is a Spurs follower, lives in the USA, he might ring me about twice a year if i am lucky, he rang last night! gloating about the game and Spurs superior position to Chelski in the league ... and Gatuso ...
      never mind all that fancy stuff, the real question is , "will the Super Saints claw their way out of League 1 this year?" results went our way last night, but the posh are running into form....18 games to go, all to play for !!

Oh and intelligence doesn't come into it. Just because you can't study it at a top university, doesn't mean its not worthwhile !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        never mind all that fancy stuff, the real question is , "will the Super Saints claw their way out of League 1 this year?" results went our way last night, but the posh are running into form....18 games to go, all to play for !!

Oh and intelligence doesn't come into it. Just because you can't study it at a top university, doesn't mean its not worthwhile !!
        Agreed.It's easily as worthwhile a most other tribal wargames.

Comment

• scottycelt

TBH, I think the fracas between Jordan and Gatuso reflects even more badly on the former than the latter, the handbagging 'head-butting' notwithstanding.

Jordan should finally grow up and realise he is now approaching pensioner status and act accordingly.

In contrast, I've always liked Harry Redknapp, as he always comes across to me as a man who knows the difference between sport and all-out war.

Anyway, well done Spurs!

Comment

• Uncle Monty

the real question is , "will the Super Saints claw their way out of League 1 this year?"
            Well, I really hope they do.

And I mean that most sincerely, as Hughie Green used to say. . .

P. U. P.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
              merely a displacement activity of those with them - one wonders at the intelligence of those who give any significance to such manufactured activities as 22 'grown' men chasing a bit of replacement leather around a field.
              To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink. J.B. Priestley, The Good Companions.

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink. J.B. Priestley, The Good Companions.
                BRAVO!!!

(Oh, and what about Rooney's goal, Man City supporters?)

Mario

Comment

• scottycelt

Or to bring it right up to date, to endeavour to post on this forum is merely to finger a piece of plastic ... ?

Comment

• Flosshilde
                    • Nov 2010

Just because you can't study it at a top university
                    Are yoiu absolutely sure you cant?

Solent University's industry-leading Football Studies degree will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to create a successful career in the football industry.

well, OK, perhaps Southampton Solent & Bedfordshire aren't 'top' universities, but hey, who's counting? The important thing is, are you a better player if you have a degree in football?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

I hope that they do just that, but more importantly to me , ''will Stockport County manage to stay in the football league this season?''

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

I hope that they do just that, but more importantly to me , ''will Stockport County manage to stay in the football league this season?''
                        well I hope you stay up. Pretty tough being a Stockport fan really....and its not looking good for you.
                        Seems a long time ago now that Dave Jones' team gave us a lesson at our place.. happier days for you.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

to endeavour to post on this forum is merely to finger a piece of plastic ... ?
                          ...you speak for yourself scottycelt,! my prosthesis is in perfect working order

the Arsenal Barcelona match was the most exquisite and enthralling game of football ... a contest of wit, elegance, speed of thought, and draining of stamina; there may well be more dramatic or exciting games, but there will scarce be a better one ... that was special
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• scottycelt

...you speak for yourself scottycelt,! my prosthesis is in perfect working order

the Arsenal Barcelona match was the most exquisite and enthralling game of football ... a contest of wit, elegance, speed of thought, and draining of stamina; there may well be more dramatic or exciting games, but there will scarce be a better one ... that was special

Exactlly what I thought. Some of the ball skills and team cohesion on display were nothing short of stunning and demonstrated that this misleadingly simple-looking game, when played at the highest level, can sometimes more resemble an art than a sport..

Spellbinding stuff. which made even the 'Beautiful Game' seem like an inadequate description.

Now if only my beloved boyhood team could play like that ... what's up with you, Partick Thistle?

Comment

• burning dog
                              • Dec 2010

What do they know of Classical Music who only Classical Music know?

Comment

Working...
                              X