The Round Ball Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Many thanks for the round-up Rob - has TalkSport come a-knocking yet?

Wrexham managed their first win in fiour games and their first under their new Manager.

After three seasons when we were involved in the play-offs this season has been a great disappintment. Still, onwards and ... onwards

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Many thanks for the round-up Rob - has TalkSport come a-knocking yet?

Wrexham managed their first win in fiour games and their first under their new Manager.

After three seasons when we were involved in the play-offs this season has been a great disappintment. Still, onwards and ... onwards
      Glass half full ams - at least it's not downwards.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Glass half full ams - at least it's not downwards.
        Cheers for that cloughie but after three seasons of hopes dashed, it's as though my glass broke this time

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight...I know they're not a board team but Raith winning the Ramsden Trophy makes me, and a load of others up here, mighty happy.

John Baird's goal four minutes from the end of extra-time wins Raith Rovers the Ramsdens Cup at the expense of Rangers.
          Last edited by johncorrigan; 06-04-14, 19:54. Reason: Just had to check again...yeehah!

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            Must be between Pulis and Rodgers for English Premier League Manager of the season, gurnemanz!
            Away yesterday, so I've only just noticed your encouraging words. As a seasoned Eagles fans I know that chickens should preferably hatch before being counted (Wembley 1990 + solid history of first time relegation from top league). We were at ROH on Sunday for Jonas Kaufmann on a winter journey. A marvellous performance, restrained and unoperatic in front of what we think was the Traviata set, with superb "assist" (this is a footie thread, after all) from Helmut Deutsch on the piano. With Palace's trouncing of Cardiff (I feel a bit sorry for our Old Boy, Wilf Zaha) it was definitely a very satisfactory weekend.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

when the fat lady sings the table does not lie!

Cheers Rob!
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

I hope Norwich City get relegated.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  I understand your feelings ER......

although relegation rivals include Sunderland, WBA, Fulham, Cardiff, and Swansea. Spot the link !!
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

My neighbours are big Canaries fans so we were hoping to attend a Norwich v Leicester game in the Premiership next season.

But they probably deserve to go down now.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Forum update.

Chelsea 2 PSG 0. Through to the semi finals on away goals thanks to an 87th goal.
                      Leicester City 1 Brighton 4. Nice of the Foxes,having achieved promotion, to do another forum team a favour,surge for the playoffs from the Seagulls,7th.
                      Nottinghan Forest 3 Sheffield Wednesday 3. Owls let a 3-1 lead slip,15th and safe.
                      Welling United 0 Hereford United 1. Priceless 3 points keeps the Bulls out of the bottom 4.
                      Basingstoke 2 Chelmsford 3. Super away win,still too close to the relegation zone.
                      Truro City 2 Weymouth 1. Much needed win but again not out of danger yet.

End to end stuff in Munich btw,well it was !!!
                      Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 09-04-14, 21:18.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks as ever, Rob! Most gratifying to see that The Seagulls have won and a step closer to the play-offs! Yes!!
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Radio64
                          • Jan 2014

Forum update.
                          Chelsea 2 PSG 0. Through to the semi finals on away goals thanks to an 87th goal.

Welling United 0 Hereford United 1. Priceless 3 points keeps the Bulls out of the bottom 4.
                          ..!
                          Double Over the moon moment!

Thanks as ever for your invaluable updates.
                          "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Nitty gritty time.

Thursday.

Bishops Stortford 1 Chelmsford 1.

Today.

Crystal Palace 1 Aston Villa 0.Another super win,Tony Pulis doing a great job,12th and clear of danger.
                            Southampton 0 Cardiff City 1. Surprising defeat but surely a top ten finish for Saints.
                            Stoke City 1 Newcastle United 0. Yet another defeat but again should finish in the top half of the table.
                            Brighton 3 Charlton Athletic 0. In the top 6 at last but Reading have a game in hand and play on Monday.
                            Sheffield Wednesday 3 Blackburn Rovers 3. Salvaged a valuable point from 1-3 down with a last minute equaliser,look to be safe.
                            Crewe Alexandra 0 Wolves 2. Promotion assured
                            Peterborough United 1 Coventry City 0. Conceded very early,14th,the bottom half of league 2 is looking very interesting.
                            Bristol Rovers 1 Torquay United 2. Poor result v the bottom of the league team,now just 1 point above the bottom 2,albeit with a superior goal difference.
                            Hartlepool United 1 Chesterfield 2. Took the lead,now just 3 points above the relegation zone,and yet not so long ago were in play off contention.
                            Southend United 0 Wimbledon 1. Penalty in the 2nd half earned the win,safely in mid table.
                            York City 1 Accrington Stanley 1. Conceded in the last minute which cost a play off position.
                            Hereford United 0 Gateshead 1. Slipped into the relegation zone,it's been coming.
                            Wrexham 3 Nuneaton 0. Solid home win,up to 16th and safe.
                            Chelmsford 0 Eastleigh 0. A good performance v the top team,especially having played on Thursday too,17th.
                            Brackley Town 0 Stockport County 0. Haven't scored for ages,15th and should be safe.
                            Bedford Town 0 Truro City 1. Good away day,17th.

No SPL games today ?

Chelsea at Swansea tomorrow,Leicester at Reading on monday (Foxes could do Brighton a favour with a win).

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Going to0 the wire for The Seagulls then

When is Pardew going?
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Thanks once again Rob for your hours spent at the ticker-tape - great service!

Wrexham's new manager Kevin Wilkin must have had mixed feelings about his new team's win over his old club but it was a good omen for the Robins. A home crowd of just over 2,700 must have enjoyed themselves and as you say Rob, safe at last

Comment

Working...
                                X