• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    A few forum derbies today.

Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 0. Bleus one eye on the champions league?,Palace deserved the win I hear,5 points clear of the relegation zone.
    Southampton 4 Newcastle United 0. Convincing win,Saints now one place above Toon in 8th.
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Mirren 2. Honours even but a point not enough for either team,5th and 11th.
    St Johnstone 1 Partick Thistle 1 .Last minute equaliser earned a point,10th.
    Burnley 0 Leicester City 2. Now 6 points clear of title rivals.
    Brighton 0 Middlesborough 2. Remain 9th,4 points off the top 6.
    Sheffield Wednesday 1 Watford 4. Comprehensive defeat,down to 14th.
    Crewe 1 Coventry City 2. Welcome 3 points stops the slide,up to 13th.
    plastic dons 0 Wolves 1. Late winner,6 points clear at the top.
    Bristol Rovers 1 Morecambe 0. Last minute winner,really needed this win,clear of the danger zone by 6 points.
    Hartlepool United 0 Cheltenham Town 1. No chance of the play offs now.
    Mansfield Town 1 Wimbledon 0. Conceded an early goal,down to 16th.
    York City 0 Burton Albion 0. Not enough to stay in the play offs,very tight though with 3 teams on the same points fighting for the last spot.
    Hereford United 0 Grimsby Town 1. Very worrying run,just 1 point above the drop zone.
    Woking 2 Wrexham 1. Dropping down the league but hopefully enough points in the bag.
    Chelmsford 0 Havant & Waterlooville 0. Probably a good point against a top 6 side.
    Stockport County 0 Hednesford Town 1. Despite a dreadful run never seem to move in the league,still 13th.
    Cambridge City 4 Truro City 1. Well beaten,17th.
    again double blast on both teams. Seagulls seem to be rather frustrating to me, recently. So near but so far away!! As for The Toon, well Pardew has had his chips, now surely?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      again double blast on both teams. Seagulls seem to be rather frustrating to me, recently. So near but so far away!! As for The Toon, well Pardew has had his chips, now surely?
      It's a cauldron of a division the Championship - you think you're doing OK then the flames come up and burn you down. Any side can beat any other on the day! The automatics look cut and dried, relegation is increasingly looking like 3 from 4, the playoffs though look quite fluid at the moment. I'm just hoping for a top-half finish as the top Yorkshire championship side - yesterday's performance did not help!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Midweek round up.

Blackburn Rovers 3 Brighton 3. Topsy turvey game,took the lead,were 3-2 down,late equaliser.
        Wigan Athletic 2 Leicester City 2. Needed a late equaliser,closing in on the title.
        Coventry City 0 Bradford City 0. Mid table.
        Stevenage 0 Wolves 0. Points dropped v the 2nd bottom team,remain clear at the top.
        Bury 2 Bristol Rovers 1. Conceded a late goal,6 points clear of danger.
        Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Motherwell 2. Looked a tough game beforehand,5th.
        Wrexham 0 Grimsby Town 1. Poor run goes on,should be safe though.
        Truro City 1 Hungerford Town 2. Remain 17th

PSG 3 Chelsea 1. All to do in the 2nd leg,could have done without that 90th minute 3rd PSG goal.

Comment

• Radio64
          • Jan 2014

PSG 3 Chelsea 1. All to do in the 2nd leg,could have done without that 90th minute 3rd PSG goal.
          My thoughts exactly.
          "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Forum team just one win away from the Premier League.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

OK Alison but at least the Owls put up a fight - only dented our GD by 1.

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

A very good fight Cloughie.

I wonder what Jonesy makes of your outstanding progress?

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  A very good fight Cloughie.

I wonder what Jonesy makes of your outstanding progress?
                  Sshh! The glass half full says we're safe, the glass half empty says we'll lose our remaining fixtures and go down. Jonesy probably thinks what a wise decision it was to bring Stu to S6. The key really is how you treat players - I think DJ's abrasive scouse style didn't sit well with some players.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

is this season with les bleus a comeuppance for the special one?

and Teamsaint we wish your team all the best for today!

interesting to see how Mr Carroll fares against Liverpool ; one wishes him, his team mates and Mr Allardyce all the best in their endeavours tomorrow ...
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Wigan are looking good at present. Maybe even destined for a return to the Premier League on current form?

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Congratulations to Leicester City, good to see them back in the top flight. A real sports loving city. And a great season for Nige, still very well thought of in these parts .

Hope Alison had an Aintree winner to pay for some fizz tonight .

Saints undone by a terrible decision, video replays for refs just can't come soon enough IMO.

Looks a bad injury for J Rod, rotten end to a great season for the lad.. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.
                        Last edited by teamsaint; 05-04-14, 18:16.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Hope Jay Rod is ok....bit of a Thomas Muller on the quiet....
                          bong ching

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Forum round up.

Leicester City 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1. Forum derby,results elswhere today mean that the Foxes are back in the
                            Premiership after a 10 absence,congratulations to them,Alison over the moon,Owls safe in 14th.
                            Ross County 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2. Remain 5th after 80th minute winner.
                            man citeh 4 Southampton 1. Good 1st half performance,dodgy pen,then well beaten in the end,8th.
                            Cardiff City 0 Crystal Palace 3. Massive win,now 7 points clear of danger.
                            Newcastle United 0 man utd 4. Another big defeat,I wonder if there will be a change of manager in the summer.
                            Chelsea 3 Stoke City 0. Top of the table,at least until tomorrow
                            Barnsley 0 Brighton 0. Up to 8th,but a poor result v the bottom 3 side.
                            Coventry City 1 franchise fc 2. Remain mid table.
                            Wolves 2 Peterborough United 0. Another forum team heading for promotion.
                            Wimbledon 0 Bristol Rovers 0. Forum derby,honours even but both teams far from safe.
                            Portsmouth 1 Hartlepool United 0. Conceded in the 2nd minute but couldn't find a way back,down to 15th.
                            Rochdale 0 York City 0. An excellent point away to the league leaders,back in the play off positions.
                            Partick Thistle 2 Hearts 4. Poor result v the now relegated side,looking very tight for the 2nd bottom spot and
                            possible relegation play off,with St Mirren also in the mix.
                            St Mirren 3 Motherwell 2. Super win from 0-2 down,leapfrog Partick into 10th.
                            Hereford United 0 Woking 2. Another bad day,just 1 point above the danger zone.
                            Wrexham 1 Macclesfield Town 0. Welcome 3 points,safe in 17th.
                            Boreham Wood 4 Chelmsford 3. Worrying slide,now 3rd from the bottom.
                            North Ferriby United 0 Stockport County 0. A decent point against the top of the league team,14th.
                            Truro City 1 Chippenham Town 3. Disappointing home defeat,17th.
                            Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 05-04-14, 20:13.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Newcastle United 0 man utd 4. Another big defeat,I wonder if there will be a change of manager in the summer.
                              Probably 2 changes of manager here.

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                                Wigan are looking good at present. Maybe even destined for a return to the Premier League on current form?
                                They've probably got the best squad in the Championship. Had they had the right manager from the start of the season and not had the match burden of the Europa League they may have been in the 2nd auto spot - must be favourites for the 'lottery'. On your other suggestion Padrew may well be seeking alternative employment but Moyes will be there for a while yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X