X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Midweek forum results.

Chelsea 2 Galatasaray 0. Comfortably through to the champions league quarter finals.
    Chelmsford 4 Dorchester 1. Important win v the bottom side,3 goals in 17 second half minutes,15th.
    Sheffield Wednesday 3 QPR 0. Super win v the 4th placed side,who had a player sent offf on 35 miutes,surely safe now,14th.
    Crawley Town 2 Wolves 1. Surprising defeat,remain top of the league.
    Wrexham 2 Hereford United 0. Forum derby,much needed 3 points for the home team,Bulls perilously close to the bottom 4.
    Motherwell 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 . Remain in 5th place.

What's Ryan Giggs on ?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

What's Ryan Giggs on ?
      dunno but can i have some?
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

seems like Les Bleus have a bottle or two of Giggsie's Potion! ...still it's a game of two halves, even so 3-0 up after 30 mins ... and Gunners down to the wrong ten men ....
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Friday and Satdy scores.

Lorra lorra goals today.

Friday.

Bristol Rovers 0 Southend United 0. Probably a good point against a side challenging for the play offs,but only 4 points above the danger zone.
          Oxford United 1 Hartlepool United 0. Conceded late after having a man sent off,down to 11th and maybe losing touch with the top 7.

Today.

Chelsea 6 (SIX) Arsenal 0. Clear at the top by 4,strange red card incident for the gunners,wrong player sent off !!
          Newcastle United 1 Crystal Palace 0. Forum derby,94th minute winner,eagles unlucky by all accounts,toon 8th,Palace look to be back in trouble.
          Celtic 3 St Mirren 0 .Worrying times for the Buddies.
          Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Partick Thistle 0 . Thistle and forum derby,ICT 5TH,Partick 9th
          Blackburn Rovers 1 Leicester City 1. Took the lead,surely promotion is only a matter of time.
          Brighton 0 Ipswich Town 2. Remain 8th,2 points off a top 6 spot.
          Doncaster Rovers 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0. Surprising defeat,down to 15th but still looking safe,my accumulator went down the pan here.
          Sheffield United 0 Wolves 2. Back on track,top of the table.
          Brentford 3 Coventry City 1. Scored first but well beaten by the team in 2nd place,worrying slide down the table.
          Wimbledon 4 Cheltenham Town 3. Crazy game,2-0 down,then 3-2,then 3-3,won it in the last minute,15th.
          Portsmouth 0 York City 1. Now in the play off positions!!!,which is amazing after the start to the season they had.
          Barnet 2 Hereford United 0. Bulls on a dreadful run,4 points from danger.
          Wrexham 1 Salisbury 1. Took the lead,up to 16th.
          Bath City 4 Chelmsford 1. Can't seem to put a run together,16th.
          Solihull Moors 1 Stockport County 0.Going off football me.
          Truro City 5 Banbury 0. Thumping win,up to 17th.

Southampton play tomorrow.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Thanks as always ER...... Hopefully we have enough points to avoid the drop ...always first concern for a Pools supporter. Are there Moors or even hills in Solihull?

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Thanks for the great round up ER.

Great result for York.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                Friday and Satdy scores.

Lorra lorra goals today.

Friday.

Bristol Rovers 0 Southend United 0. Probably a good point against a side challenging for the play offs,but only 4 points above the danger zone.
                Oxford United 1 Hartlepool United 0. Conceded late after having a man sent off,down to 11th and maybe losing touch with the top 7.

Today.

Chelsea 6 (SIX) Arsenal 0. Clear at the top by 4,strange red card incident for the gunners,wrong player sent off !!
                Newcastle United 1 Crystal Palace 0. Forum derby,94th minute winner,eagles unlucky by all accounts,toon 8th,Palace look to be back in trouble.
                Celtic 3 St Mirren 0 .Worrying times for the Buddies.
                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Partick Thistle 0 . Thistle and forum derby,ICT 5TH,Partick 9th
                Blackburn Rovers 1 Leicester City 1. Took the lead,surely promotion is only a matter of time.
                Brighton 0 Ipswich Town 2. Remain 8th,2 points off a top 6 spot.
                Doncaster Rovers 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0. Surprising defeat,down to 15th but still looking safe,my accumulator went down the pan here.
                Sheffield United 0 Wolves 2. Back on track,top of the table.
                Brentford 3 Coventry City 1. Scored first but well beaten by the team in 2nd place,worrying slide down the table.
                Wimbledon 4 Cheltenham Town 3. Crazy game,2-0 down,then 3-2,then 3-3,won it in the last minute,15th.
                Portsmouth 0 York City 1. Now in the play off positions!!!,which is amazing after the start to the season they had.
                Barnet 2 Hereford United 0. Bulls on a dreadful run,4 points from danger.
                Wrexham 1 Salisbury 1. Took the lead,up to 16th.
                Bath City 4 Chelmsford 1. Can't seem to put a run together,16th.
                Solihull Moors 1 Stockport County 0.Going off football me.
                Truro City 5 Banbury 0. Thumping win,up to 17th.

Southampton play tomorrow.
                I was rather glad of that last minute goal!! I was getting a bit worried there! Good on Toon!

So close now to the play-offs!! It's rather frustrating!!
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

HaHa - bet you wish you hadn't written us off!

Moyes turns up the heat to searing-hot with two victories in a row!

It took Moyes 10 years to get Everton above United, so remember he works long-term.

BTW, Beckham's goal is superior to Rooney's goal. But what does it matter when you get goals like that!

Goergie Best would've scored one like those, if he had wanted to!!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                    HaHa - bet you wish you hadn't written us off!

Moyes turns up the heat to searing-hot with two victories in a row!

It took Moyes 10 years to get Everton above United, so remember he works long-term.

BTW, Beckham's goal is superior to Rooney's goal. But what does it matter when you get goals like that!

Goergie Best would've scored one like those, if he had wanted to!!
                    Hello there. You've been very quiet here lately.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Well these man utd fans havn't had much to shout about, recently!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                        Hello there. You've been very quiet here lately.
                        'Noisy neighbours' syndrome

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

well as Jose says Les Bleus are not champions, nor favourites ....

but Fulham are in the deep pit .... one wonders whether Barnet might be in for a recovery/improvement in form?

as for the Gunners, it is their record against the top teams - so now how many will Man City put past them?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            Thanks for the great round up ER.

Great result for York.

Spurs 3 Southampton 2. Game of 2 halves I hear as Saints throw away a 2-0 lead.

Absolute goal-fest in the PL this weekend.

Did anyone watch El Classico this evening,blimey what a game that was,red card,3 penalties,Messi hat trick and some wonderful football played.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

Spurs 3 Southampton 2. Game of 2 halves I hear as Saints throw away a 2-0 lead.

Absolute goal-fest in the PL this weekend.

Did anyone watch El Classico this evening,blimey what a game that was,red card,3 penalties,Messi hat trick and some wonderful football played.
                              Saints ability to gift wrap soft goals, and a couple of poor decisions rather handed the game to spuds.

Yup, watched El Classico. amazing stuff. Ref had a tough job on a few decisions there........

I don't like seeing players sent off for fouls like that.

THIS is why the rule was changed !!
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Radio64
                                • Jan 2014

Didn't we do well?!

Poor old Hereford though ..
                                "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

Working...
                                X