X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    Has anyone read Sir Alex's latest autobiography?
    This must be about his fifth, Eine...how many lives can one guy have?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Sunday football special.

Sunderland 2 Newcastle United 1. Toon concede late Borini wonder goal.
      Chelsea 2 man citeh 1. Blues 2nd,keystone cops moment for the Chelsea winner,guffaw.
      Partick Thistle 1 Celtic 2. PT down to 8th.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Platini makes bid for FIFA job....??....(excepting his playing career, and his miserable face at Euro games....what do we know about him??....seems to have been sat in the front row for some time now)....
        bong ching

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          Platini makes bid for FIFA job....??....(excepting his playing career, and his miserable face at Euro games....what do we know about him??....seems to have been sat in the front row for some time now)....
          Very fine player but awful administrator (he and Blatter imv the unacceptable faces of world football). He voted for Qatar as host of the World Cup in 2022 amid rumours that he was influenced by his son's business interests there. Recently UEFA was attacked for its feeble response to racism at a Serbia v England U21 game. And Platini has called for the World Cup to be expanded to 40 teams even though with 32 there are already many dreary games of poor quality - and for football to be predominantly a summer game....

No - let him fade quietly away. What about another German - Franz Beckenbauer?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

well German Footie is setting us an example imho so Franz would be interesting ...

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

From last night's Budesliga highlights - even German keepers have their off-days - there's hope yet.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Poor Jonesy.
                Following Sunderland and Bristol City wins over the weekend the Owls now have the dubious honour of being the only one in the 92 with no league win. Reminds me of Jasper Carrott's comment about B'ham City many years ago - some you lose - some you draw (4 and 8 respectively). The clocks have gone back, the witchcraft of Halloween may lift the monkey from our backs and Jonesy will be November MoM. To paraphrase the Glen Campbell song - These are the dreams of an everyday Owlsfan!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

At least they aren't losing too many. That usually suggests problems scoring goals.

By the way, good to hear from you, Cloughie .
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    At least they aren't losing too many. That usually suggests problems scoring goals.

By the way, good to hear from you, Cloughie .
                    Thanks - Matty Fryatt for another month should help!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Thanks - Matty Fryatt for another month should help!
                      lets hope so....I won't tell you about his legendary miss at SMS a few years ago..... decent player though !!
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet at the Emirates toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh my blood pressure is over the moooooooooooooooooooooon &c ahem

yep a Blues squad eleven walloped a Gooner ditto ..... even so

please excuse the unsavoury delight one takes in such things but ooooooooooooooooh!
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          From last night's Budesliga highlights - even German keepers have their off-days - there's hope yet.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtBWefg5md0
                          Blimey !!

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Following Sunderland and Bristol City wins over the weekend the Owls now have the dubious honour of being the only one in the 92 with no league win. Reminds me of Jasper Carrott's comment about B'ham City many years ago - some you lose - some you draw (4 and 8 respectively). The clocks have gone back, the witchcraft of Halloween may lift the monkey from our backs and Jonesy will be November MoM. To paraphrase the Glen Campbell song - These are the dreams of an everyday Owlsfan!
                          Welcome back Cloughie.

Midweek forum action.

Brighton 1 Watford 1. Lucky point as Watford denied perfectly good goal which was deemed not to have crossed the line..
                          York City 4 Scunthorpe United 1. Super result,up to 18th.
                          Truro City 3 AFC Totton 2. Found some form,up to 18th.

English League Cup.

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 2. Blues 2nd string through.
                          Leicester City 4 Fulham 3. Late winner,Foxes v man citeh in the quater finals,I'll love it,love it...
                          Newcastle United 0 man city 2. AET.
                          Scottish League Cup.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Dundee United 1. AET,can't beat a 120th minute winner

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                            sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet just sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet at the Emirates toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh my blood pressure is over the moooooooooooooooooooooon &c ahem

yep a Blues squad eleven walloped a Gooner ditto ..... even so

please excuse the unsavoury delight one takes in such things
                            but ooooooooooooooooh!
                            And so one should.

Comment

• Anna

The Pirates have become the Giant Slayers. What Ho, me Hearties! Belay the mainbraces and prepare to board!

John-Joe O'Toole's penalty earned struggling Bristol Rovers a shock win over high-flying Oxford United, who were top of the table before the game, while Rovers were 21st and not far beyond relegation.
                              But it was the Pirates who took all three points

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                The Pirates have become the Giant Slayers. What Ho, me Hearties! Belay the mainbraces and prepare to board!

John-Joe O'Toole's penalty earned struggling Bristol Rovers a shock win over high-flying Oxford United, who were top of the table before the game, while Rovers were 21st and not far beyond relegation.
                                But it was the Pirates who took all three points
                                Yep,great stuff, that result will have ruined a few bets today.

Full forum results.

Thursday.

Salisbury City 4 Hereford United 1. Still in the game until conceding two last minute goals.

Today.

Newcastle United 2 Chelsea 0. Forum derby,Toon 9th blues 2nd,ruined my 4 draws accumulator.
                                Stoke City 1 Southampton 1. Stoke keeper scored in the first minute straight from a goal kick,Saints 5th.
                                West Brom 2 Crystal Palace 0. Eagles already need a miracle it seems.
                                Watford 0 Leicester City 3. Great run continues,2nd.
                                Sheffield Wednesday 5 Reading 2. A win at last,out of the bottom 3.
                                Doncaster Rovers 1 Brighton 3. Two late goals seal win.
                                Coventry City 3 Notts County 0. Flying up the league,11th.
                                Wolves 2 Stevenage 0. Remain 2nd.
                                Cheltenham Town 2 York City 2. Useful point 19th.
                                Hartlepool United 2 Dagenham and Redbridge 1. Mid table.
                                Oxford United 0 Bristol Rovers 1. Super win and much needed 3 points v the league leaders.
                                Rochdale 1 Wimbledon 2. Late winner,mid table.
                                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Kilmarnock 1. 2nd in the table.
                                Macclesfield Town 3 Wrexham 2 .Conceded 90th minute goal,17th.
                                Chelmsford 0 Boreham Wood 6. No comment Alison.
                                Stockport County 4 Telford 2. YaaaaaHoooooo,mid table.
                                Hitchin Town 2 Truro City 3. Super away win,up to 13th.

St Mirren v Ross County abandoned,waterlogged pitch.

Partick Thistle play on Monday
                                Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 02-11-13, 20:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X