The Round Ball Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Oh well. The Pirates remain one point above the relegation zone after a no-score draw.
    But, are we downhearted Me Hearties!!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

United absolutely smashed Stoke City 3-2 to get a result. Well done lads

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Back to normal...gubbed again!

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Oh well. The Pirates remain one point above the relegation zone after a no-score draw.
          But, are we downhearted Me Hearties!!
          rovers just do this to make the second half of the season interesting.Its part of a strategy, which you will see unfold as the cold dark months set in......
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

The usual mixed bag today.
            Ross County v Inverness Caledonian Thistle,as JC reported,abandoned at half time,power failure.
            Crystal Palace 0 Arsenal 2. Played some decent stuff and a bit unlucky.
            Southampton 2 Fulham 0. Great season continues,top 3.
            Barnsley 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1. Bottom of the league,not sure Jonesy can survive much longer,where's Cloughie?
            Leicester City 2 Bournemouth 1. Super win takes Foxes up to 2nd.
            Bradford City 1 Wolves 2. Ditto.
            Walsall 0 Coventry City 1. Mid table despite points deduction.
            Wimbledon 0 Oxford United 2. Dons on the slide after a good start to the season.
            Bristol Rovers 0 Chesterfield 0. As Anna said,just 1 point above the drop zone.
            Scunthorpe United 1 Hartlepool United 0. Revival halted,mid table.
            York City 0 Fleetwood Town 2. Just 2 points above the relegation zone,where's Lat ?
            Dundee United 4 St Mirren 0 Mini revival halted and some.
            Gosport Borough 2 Chelmsford 1. Poor result v the bottom side,15th.
            Histon 2 Stockport County 1 .Let a lead slip yet again.
            Truro City 0 Cambridge City 1. Still struggling,20th.

FA Cup 4th qualifying round.

Wrexham 2 Hyde 0.
            Hornchurch 0 Hereford United 1.

Tomorrow the small matter of Newcastle v Sunderland,Chelsea v man city and Partick v Celtic.

Brighton play Watford on Monday.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Poor Jonesy.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Thanks for the brilliant and time consuming round up, ER.
                Bit of a gutter for County letting a lead slip again.

I was at SMS this afternoon/evening.

Times like this are just to sit back and enjoy. The Saints were absolutely imperious, against, it has to be said, a gutless Fulham side. Brilliant football, Brilliant atmosphere, wonderful skills, and enjoyed it with my Saints mad and match starved son.

Happy days.(and for those of you with teams doing less well at the moment, 3 years ago we were knocking around the bottom of L1, so hope springs eternal).
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Thanks for encouraging words re Eagles, Rob. They might easily have got a draw out of this one, which under current circumstances would have been a minor triumph. An optimist might even still hope for salvation against heavy odds. At least it's not boring to be a Palace fan.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                    Thanks for encouraging words re Eagles, Rob. They might easily have got a draw out of this one, which under current circumstances would have been a minor triumph. An optimist might even still hope for salvation against heavy odds. At least it's not boring to be a Palace fan.
                    I watched most of the game on TV Gurney,Szczesny made at least two stunning saves to deny Palace.
                    I thought they deserved a point.

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      I watched most of the game on TV Gurney,Szczesny made at least two stunning saves to deny Palace.
                      I thought they deserved a point.
                      But how can they have a hope when they have Chamakh up front, ER - surely the worst forward in the Premier League? I thought Savage's mauling of him on MotD was if anything too generous. He was useless in the game against Swansea which I went to and I haven't seen him do anything worthwhile since. No wonder the eagle looks so angry at Selhurst Park...

Thanks for the round-up btw. I watched the Ross v Inverness "lights out" fiasco on TV on Friday as BT Sport were having a free promotion weekend (also showing Palace yesterday). Perhaps BT will stick to covering daytime games in Scotland after that.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Noting Prince William's speech yesterday, I'm just wondering what it was that nudged him into supporting Aston Villa. It's rather good in a way that he hasn't opted for a London club.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

must say that Fulham were dire and Soton quite inspiring, be great if they could last the season at that level! Saints and Swans are favourite watches on telly this season ...
                          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                            Noting Prince William's speech yesterday, I'm just wondering what it was that nudged him into supporting Aston Villa. It's rather good in a way that he hasn't opted for a London club.
                            Tom Hanks supports Aston Villa and said he chose AV (not B) because he was listening to the results one time and heard Liverpool and Newcastle and the likes, but when he heard Aston Villa he thought it must be a small village somewhere surrounding a nice house so he chose to support them - maybe he later persuaded a future King to up sticks and move to Birmingham.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

If I was a Fulham fan, i would be absolutely spitting feathers at the "efforts" of one or two of their players, Berbatov and Bent in particular ought to be ashamed to pick up their wages. Two of the worst performances (for players of that quality) that I have seen in a long time.
                              Jol needs to get those two out, and get somebody in, who is prepared to work for the team. They will destroy any team spirit. To be fair, the Fulham defence did well considering the way the game went.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Has anyone read Sir Alex's latest autobiography?

Comment

Working...
                                X