X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Rounding off the weekend results.

Coventry City 3 Sheffield United 2. Almost blew it after being 3-0 up.

Barnet 1 Wrexham 1. Caught the last half hour of this on TV.Red cards galore including Edgar Davids,glorious 90th minute free kick to grab a point for Wrexham and 10 minutes of added time.

No takers for my brainteaser ?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
      Barnet 1 Wrexham 1. Caught the last half hour of this on TV.Red cards galore including Edgar Davids,glorious 90th minute free kick to grab a point for Wrexham and 10 minutes of added time.
      A good result for Wrexham by the sound of it, slowly we're moving away from the bottom four that have been beckoning but my word it's hard work at the moment.

Comment

• gingerjon
        • Sep 2011

Had the pleasure of taking in some Southern League Premier action on the weekend. Truro arrived late to Banbury and so the match kicked off at 3.08pm. Truly awful first half ended 0-0 but the second ended up being a bit of a stormer as Banbury took the lead and then threw it away. Truro's second goal, scored on 87 minutes, gave them a 2-1 win.

It's the second time I've seen Truro (the other was at Chesham a couple of years ago) and I believe they have the loudest and most passionate fans at this level of football.
        The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Rounding off the weekend results.

Coventry City 3 Sheffield United 2. Almost blew it after being 3-0 up.

No takers for my brainteaser ?
          had to google it!
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

And what on earth has happened to Sheffield United ?
            Cloughie for the Blades?

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Well, I won't be watching THE match tonight. Too much for me!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                oh for goodness sake, BBM !! Man Up , (as they say these days in a somewhat sexist way), get some lagers in, drape the old ST Georges Cross, and get with it.

Brazil here we come. Get entering all those competitions with trips to Brazil as prizes !!

this will get you in the mood.....

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  oh for goodness sake, BBM !! Man Up , (as they say these days in a somewhat sexist way), get some lagers in, drape the old ST Georges Cross, and get with it.
                  Brazil here we come. Get entering all those competitions with trips to Brazil as prizes !!
                  this will get you in the mood.....
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaRlW-jz1QQ
                  I might watch it after The Great British Bake Off finishes - priorities, priorities!
                  Anyway, I met my friend Mike yesterday, he gave me a second by second account of Mansfield v Bristol Rovers, percentage of possesion, corners, etc., and apologies to all, he is from Kingswood, not Bedminster - I got it wrong due to his conversation saying his old 92 year old mum worked in Bedminster during WW2, so it's N and E are Rovers and S and W City as to support

Further interesting info. Here, there are 12 Rovers supporters who travel to all home and away matches! Imagine that! A hotbed of Bristolian passion in Wales!

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    I might watch it after The Great British Bake Off finishes - priorities, priorities!
                    Anyway, I met my friend Mike yesterday, he gave me a second by second account of Mansfield v Bristol Rovers, percentage of possesion, corners, etc., and apologies to all, he is from Kingswood, not Bedminster - I got it wrong due to his conversation saying his old 92 year old mum worked in Bedminster during WW2, so it's N and E are Rovers and S and W City as to support

Further interesting info. Here, there are 12 Rovers supporters who travel to all home and away matches! Imagine that! A hotbed of Bristolian passion in Wales!
                    Well lucky you !! was in Bristol today. Nobody really talks football there, sadly.....but unsurprisingly........

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

Nobody really talks football there
                      tha's coz they talk bristle innit

Carrick and no Frank? ... brave Roy, brave
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Whimp

Townsend on fire (not the commentator)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Ah better now.
                          Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 15-10-13, 20:42. Reason: Rooney

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Ah better now.
                            Haha!!
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Whimp

Townsend on fire (not the commentator)
                              my commentary being provided by one of the longer and less well known Dvorak String Quartets.

Nobody wants to see commentators on fire. They really don't.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Haha!!
                                enjoying the game, BBM?

(What are Wellbeck and Sturridge up to? They Are moving like they have eaten their own weight in custard).

Comment

Working...
                                X