• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Current Everton joke: ‘It’s taken David Moyes 11 years to get Everton above Manchester United in the table!’

At least we held the mighty Shakhtar Donetsk to a 1-1 draw this evening

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Good luck to our forum teams this weekend.

Results service will be tomorrow I'm afraid folks,off duty for the rest of the day.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Thanks as ever Rob!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

A quiz.

1. Identify the player and the occasion.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

4. (more difficult)

Comment

• Anna

Well, it's obviously Man City. I'll take a guess (because I think he was discussed here) that the chap in Pic 1 was Bert Trautmann who played with a broken neck?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Really?

Newcastle won today! Result! 11th in the tables and National Brass Band Championships next weekend!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

.......and the monkey hangers won 4-1 away beggars belief.....

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        .......and the monkey hangers won 4-1 away beggars belief.....
                        ...and bloomin' 'eck, FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON FOR THE SAINTS 2-0 against the Jam Tarts.....YA DANCER!!!!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Seagulls lost 3-1 to forest!!
                          Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

And the Wrexham manager: "We were comfortable for 70 minutes, no problems, no issues, then one sloppy back pass and they're in behind us and they've headed in our net and then we're under pressure. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong."

Bristol Rovers: We lost. No comment

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Sorry it's late,another family birthday bash last night.

Cardiff City 1 Newcastle United 2.Toon up 6 places to 11th.
                              Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 1.Eagles still finding it tough.
                              Doncaster Rovers 1 Leicester City 0.Surprising defeat,Foxes remain 3rd.
                              Sheffield Wednesday 1 Ipswich Town 1.Draws not enough for the Owls,still in the bottom 3.
                              Brighton 1 Nottingham Forest 3.Took the lead,couldn't see it through.
                              Colchester United 0 Wolves 3.Good run continues,3rd.
                              Stevenage 0 Coventry City 1.Clear of relegation zone.
                              Wimbledon 0 Northampton 2. Poor result v the 2nd bottom side.
                              Bristol Rovers 1 Fleetwood Town 3.Heading for a point but conceded 2 very late goals.
                              Mansfield Town 1 Hartlepool United 4. WOW super result against a top 6 team.
                              Torquay United 0 York City 3.Great result against fellow strugglers,York now 16th.
                              Hearts 0 St Mirren 2. A win at last.
                              St Johnstone 4 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0.Bad day at the office,knocked off top spot.
                              Cambridge United 1 Hereford United 0.Conceded very early goal,now 15th.
                              Salisbury City 2 Wrexham 1. Ahead at half time but let it slip,can't seem to get going this season.
                              Chelmsford 1 Bath City 0.Welcome 3 points,up to 17th.
                              Stockport County 4 (YES FOUR) Worcester City 0.YaaaaHoooo,Worcester were very poor though.
                              Truro City 3 St Albans 7. Blimey,not a lot one can say about that.

Southampton and Chelsea play today,Partick Thistle tomorrow.

Comment

• aeolium
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks as ever, ER.

Truro City 3 St Albans 7. Blimey,not a lot one can say about that.
                                Yes there is - it's the same score as in the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden Park in front of 127,000 spectators. Real Madrid beat Eintracht Frankfurt with Puskas scoring 4 and di Stefano 3:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

One of the best things listening to the football results yesterday was Charlotte Green reading the names of the clubs in the Scottish Cup: Auchinleck Talbot, St Cuthbert Wanderers, Buckie Thistle, Dalbeatie Star, Deveronvale, Formartine United, Inverurie Locos, Gala Fairydean, Whitehill Welfare, Turriff United....It sounded like a cross between a Scottish shipping forecast and a list of abandoned stations on a line closed by Beeching.

Comment

Working...
                                X