• Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    its the modern way Beefy.

or so I have read !!

Well done indeed to SRL. He really is great to watch, and hopefully an inspiration to those who don't get everything at an early age.
    Really hope he gets to go to the World cup. That must be a wonderful experience, especially down Rio way.

The Edgeley Park learning experience is clearly a slow burn .

Going to the world cup is pretty much my only (realistic) unfulfilled football ambition.
    I'd just like to say that I hate international football and get bored shitless when there is no club football.

Ditch the World Cup and replace it with a world champions league.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

We're on our way to Rio....oh no we're not...still a win these days is not to be sniffed at...must go look and see if we're off the foot of the table.

A moment later:
      How do you know you're reading the paper upside down?
      Last edited by johncorrigan; 10-09-13, 23:48. Reason: cos Wales are at the top of the league!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

well done to WGS , be good to see better times for Scotland.

England? did well to get a point, but they are a prettty poor side at present.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Good luck to the forum teams today.

My eldest grandson is on his way to the theatre of **** to watch manyoo v Crystal Palace with his dad and other grandad

His head's been turned,he's even got a shirt,maybe lost by SCFC forever and ever

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Good luck to the forum teams today.

My eldest grandson is on his way to the theatre of **** to watch manyoo v Crystal Palace with his dad and other grandad

His head's been turned,he's even got a shirt,maybe lost by SCFC forever and ever
            Please send my congratulations to your eldest grandson

And remember, you only live once, so don't ruin it by following the wrong football team

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Thanks Beefmeister

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                Please send my congratulations to your eldest grandson

And remember, you only live once, so don't ruin it by following the wrong football team
                whats your excuse Beefy?

Wembley 76 !!

Sorry to hear the news ER.
                At least you have helped build up County's virtual fan base.....

good luck to the board teams.
                We have to wait till tomorrow....PL nonsense.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

Palace robbed by dodgy penalty decision and sending off (as judged by me ..... and BT Sport pundits). Even if it was a foul (dubious), it was outside the box. Just before this injustice, Palace had almost taken the lead. Man U still found it hard to score against our ten men and didn't look like potential champions.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                    Palace robbed by dodgy penalty decision and sending off (as judged by me ..... and BT Sport pundits). Even if it was a foul (dubious), it was outside the box. Just before this injustice, Palace had almost taken the lead. Man U still found it hard to score against our ten men and didn't look like potential champions.
                    I listened live on the radio. I agree with your summary.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Latest round up,if you don't want to know the results you know what to do.

Friday.

Hereford United 0 Aldershot town 2.Steady in mid table.
                      Wrexham 2 Luton Town 0.Good win after an disappointing start to the season

Today.

manyoo 2 Crystal Palce 0.As has already been mentioned CP were out of luck with the penalty decision and sending off,the upside is my grandson is over the moon.
                      Aston Villa 1 Newcastle United 2.Top half of the table Toon.
                      Everton 1 Chelsea 0.Cracking game this,I watched on tv,Chelsea missed numerous chances and probably deserved at least a point.
                      Leicester City 2 Wigan Athletic 0.Foxes fourth.
                      Sheffield Wednesday 1 Yeovil Town 1.Disappointing draw.
                      Wolves 3 Swindon Town 2.Great start to the season,third.
                      Chesterfield 2 Wimbledon 0.Tough game against the table toppers.
                      Dagenham and Redbridge 2 Bristol Rovers 0.Gas falling.
                      Hartlepool United 2 Accrington Stanley 1.Welcome win ,out of the bottom two.
                      York City 1 Mansfield Town 2.City struggling.
                      Kilmarnock 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2.Still top of the league.
                      Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 3.Mid table,steady start.
                      St Mirren 0 Motherwell 1.Not a good start for the Buddies,struggling.
                      Chelmsford 0 Whitehawk 2.Poor start to the season.
                      Stockport County 1 Leamington 1. I wasn't at the game but I hear we played well and deserved to win.

FA Cup qualifying round.

Truro City 1 Street 0. I've never heard of Street FC

Southampton,Brighton and Coventry play tomorrow.
                      Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 14-09-13, 20:03.

Comment

• amateur51

Great summary, many thanks ER

Wrexham have managed to acquire a couple of new players and this result against another team that has flattered to deceive in the Conference must be a confidence-boost.

Disappointing to see the home gate down to 3,000 after the 4,000 at the opening game

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Latest round up,if you don't want to know the results you know what to do.

Friday.

Hereford United 0 Aldershot town 2.Steady in mid table.
                          Wrexham 2 Luton Town 0.Good win after an disappointing start to the season

Today.

manyoo 2 Crystal Palce 0.As has already been mentioned CP were out of luck with the penalty decision and sending off,the upside is my grandson is over the moon.
                          Aston Villa 1 Newcastle United 2.Top half of the table Toon.
                          Everton 1 Chelsea 0.Cracking game this,I watched on tv,Chelsea missed numerous chances and probably deserved at least a point.
                          Leicester City 2 Wigan Athletic 0.Foxes fourth.
                          Sheffield Wednesday 1 Yeovil Town 1.Disappointing draw.
                          Wolves 3 Swindon Town 2.Great start to the season,third.
                          Chesterfield 2 Wimbledon 0.Tough game against the table toppers.
                          Dagenham and Redbridge 2 Bristol Rovers 0.Gas falling.
                          Hartlepool United 2 Accrington Stanley 1.Welcome win ,out of the bottom two.
                          York City 1 Mansfield Town 2.City struggling.
                          Kilmarnock 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2.Still top of the league.
                          Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 3.Mid table,steady start.
                          Chelmsford 0 Whitehawk 2.Poor start to the season.
                          Stockport County 1 Leamington 1. I wasn't at the game but I hear we played well and deserved to win.

FA Cup qualifying round.

Truro City 1 Street 0. I've never heard of Street FC

Southampton,Brighton and Coventry play tomorrow.
                          Whoop whoop! Good result for The Toon! 8th in the league!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Struggling indeed, Rob...thanks for the reminder. Boy, am I glad of Jazz Record Requests these Saturdays.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Today.

Southampton 0 West Ham 0.A fair result probably,both teams had chances,West Ham a long ball side,who'da thought!!
                              Reading 0 Brighton 0.Seems like it was a bad tempered game,2 red cards and umpteen yellows.
                              Coventry City 2 Gillingham 1.Cov in credit ,out of the relegation zone.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Thanks very much for the weekend roundups ER, it's a big job.

Saints attack yet to get into its stride this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X