X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Crystal Palace went on to justify being "Team of the Eighties" by winning the Zenith Data Systems Cup (now The Johnstone's Paint Trophy). This was actually great! - and the only Cup we have ever won. It was followed, alas, by losing our only two European matches in the Intertoto Cup and going into administration ..... twice. Still there, however, and back in the top league. Yippeee!
    So is you're money on them ending the season 18th, 19th or 20th?

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
      Heard earlier, already had 10 points deducted!

Coventry City chief executive Tim Fisher is quoted using language like 'these point deductions confirm that the club has been saved'
      Many clubs have tumbled downwards through running out of money and luck but the Sky Blues seem to have compounded that with bad decisions and shear stupidity, alienating most the fans in the process.

Comment

• johncorrigan
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Many clubs have tumbled downwards through running out of money and luck but the Sky Blues seem to have compounded that with bad decisions and shear stupidity, alienating most the fans in the process.
        The Saints are off and running today against Inverness Caley - the Jags took a point in their first match back in the SPL at home v Dundee Utd. Hopin' for another successful season, though perhaps two in a row is a bit much to ask for.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Shame Albion didn't win against Leeds, yesterday.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
            The Saints are off and running today against Inverness Caley
            Drive you bananas that lot - 3-0 cuffed by Caley. Thank goodness JRR was on to keep me away from the scores etc.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

I was sad to hear about the death of Lawrie Reilly one of the Hibs renowned forward line of the late 40s and early 50s known as the Famous Five. Lifelong Hibs fan, Laurence Demarco, wrote about Reilly one of those boyhood heroes like this.
              'Lawrie Reilly never played for any club other than Hibs - nor did he wish to; he remained a supporter all his life - latterly attending home games with Pat Stanton. His modest, easy manner chatting with fans made him a local hero. Reilly’s salary was never commensurate with his legendary status - which was wrong ; but nowadays his ‘market value’ would make it impossible for Hibs to keep him. Sport seemed better grounded then - part of the ‘community’.
              Last week, Stanton said, “Lawrie played football to the best of his ability - for the club he loved”. Pat could equally have been speaking about himself - I’ve been thinking about his simple tribute. To give it your best shot - at something you love from your heart; maybe that’s all there is - for any of us.'

Not really like that any more, I suppose.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

¡Jose se desarma!
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• mercia
                  • Nov 2010

my one and only contribution to this thread - Charlotte Green to replace James Alexander Gordon - "a dream come true" says Charlotte [Spurs supporter]

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    my one and only contribution to this thread - Charlotte Green to replace James Alexander Gordon - "a dream come true" says Charlotte [Spurs supporter]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592586
                    A surprising and brilliant choice - I wish her well for this new stage in her career

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

I wonder how much someone should get for reading out the football results on 5 LIVE....about £200pw I'd say....TOPS....
                      Last edited by eighthobstruction; 08-08-13, 12:04.
                      bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

surely not mercia .... lovely place this thread ..... most welcome you are .... ain't it so lads?
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          surely not mercia .... lovely place this thread ..... most welcome you are .... ain't it so lads?
                          Tis n all

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

even pompey fans welcome.....either of them.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              even pompey fans welcome.....either of them.
                              I see your boy's got the call-up from wee Roy for the big match next week, ts; and the word up here is it's going to be the first experience of goal line technology - Hawkeye, or as it's being known up here, Hawkeye the noo!

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                I see your boy's got the call-up from wee Roy for the big match next week, ts; and the word up here is it's going to be the first experience of goal line technology - Hawkeye, or as it's being known up here, Hawkeye the noo!

When SRL hits the target, the target stays hit !! He don't need no GLT.
                                Be very afraid, Scottish persons !!
                                In a friendly way, obviously.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X