X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    - how many bank holidays do you need down there? Sounds like they're struggling to put the ball in the net, ts.
    in a word....More !!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven

I hope Palace win, be good to have another London club in the P'ship (to replace QPR).

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        I hope Palace win, be good to have another London club in the P'ship (to replace QPR).
        Here we go again. You really should support a London club.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Here we go again. You really should support a London club.
          Why?

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Indeed!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Anna

You all will laugh, but on Welsh tv the other week I was watching the Welsh Premiere League semi-final play-offs. Bangor -v- Bala was thrilling, watched by several men with their dogs, no diving and feigning injuries, no hysterics, proper old fashioned footie. 22 blokes kicking a ball. Very refreshing. And Bala's top scorer is off to New Zealand!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                • Nov 2010

From the Tube: Yee Hah!! ..and we deserved it. Report later

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                  Super Kevin Phillips........took an ex saint to break the deadlock.....
                  And an ex Hatter (here I go again) was leading the line for Palace (Aaron Wilbraham),and really should have scored at least one goal in normal time.
                  Congratulations to Crystal Palace and Gurnemanz.
                  Another trophy for our cabinet too.
                  For the final time this season
                  Crystal Palace 1 Watford 0.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                    And an ex Hatter (here I go again) was leading the line for Palace (Aaron Wilbraham),and really should have scored at least one goal in normal time.
                    Congratulations to Crystal Palace and Gurnemanz.
                    Another trophy for our cabinet too.
                    For the final time this season
                    Crystal Palace 1 Watford 0.

Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      Sorry BBM,don't shoot the messenger,it's my duty to bring you this news in my capacity as forum football correspondent.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        You all will laugh, but on Welsh tv the other week I was watching the Welsh Premiere League semi-final play-offs. Bangor -v- Bala was thrilling, watched by several men with their dogs, no diving and feigning injuries, no hysterics, proper old fashioned footie. 22 blokes kicking a ball. Very refreshing. And Bala's top scorer is off to New Zealand!
                        You will get plenty more of that following Bristol Rovers !!
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

and I sincerely hope that Gurneys report later is well and truly slurred.
                          And The Crystal Girls are coming to the PL !!

Happy Days.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            and I sincerely hope that Gurneys report later is well and truly slurred.
                            And The Crystal Girls are coming to the PL !!

Happy Days.
                            Was that Gurney on the news, bare chested with 'Eagles' in red felt tip across his belly? - we need to be told.
                            Great penalty from Phillips - what a time to announce your retirement - congrats to the gurnemanz and his London chaps and especially great to see Elton's greetin' face.
                            Last edited by johncorrigan; 27-05-13, 21:54. Reason: greetin' as in extremely unhappy, by the way.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks for the good wishes from fellow roundballers. Just home from a great day out which started by meeting our son and daughter for beer and lunch in the Prince Regent near Baker Street Tube. The whole area was awash with full-throated Palace fans and we went on not only to outplay Watford but also to outsing and outchant them, (taunting them them at one point with: “We’d forgotten you were there!”) Despite our undeniable superiority, Almunia, Arsenal reject, made several good saves and we were very nervous even though Watford scarcely looked like scoring. (I was wearing my Cup Final scarf from 1990 - when victory over Man U was cruelly snatched away with seven minutes to go). The penalty may have been borderline but when ageing hero, Kevin Phillips, zapped it into the back of the net, hysteria ensued. There was no more sitting down after that and much nail chewing. The accompanying music was not Wagnerian in this centenary year but “Glad All over” by the Dave Clark Five as Ian Holloway led his team Wotan-like over the Rainbow Bridge to Walhalla.

Now to watch Match of the Day - a glass of bubbly at my elbow.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                                Thanks for the good wishes from fellow roundballers. Just home from a great day out which started by meeting our son and daughter for beer and lunch in the Prince Regent near Baker Street Tube. The whole area was awash with full-throated Palace fans and we went on not only to outplay Watford but also to outsing and outchant them, (taunting them them at one point with: “We’d forgotten you were there!”) Despite our undeniable superiority, Almunia, Arsenal reject, made several good saves and we were very nervous even though Watford scarcely looked like scoring. (I was wearing my Cup Final scarf from 1990 - when victory over Man U was cruelly snatched away with seven minutes to go). The penalty may have been borderline but when ageing hero, Kevin Phillips, zapped it into the back of the net, hysteria ensued. There was no more sitting down after that and much nail chewing. The accompanying music was not Wagnerian in this centenary year but “Glad All over” by the Dave Clark Five as Ian Holloway led his team Wotan-like over the Rainbow Bridge to Walhalla.

Now to watch Match of the Day - a glass of bubbly at my elbow.
                                Well done and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X