The Round Ball Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Rob, I'd like to add my thanks and appreciation for all your valuable and informative work on this thread ...

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
      Rob, I'd like to add my thanks and appreciation for all your valuable and informative work on this thread ...
      ........and my grateful thanks ER.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Thanks for the kind words folks,it's been very interesting following the fortunes of fellow boardees teams.
        Roll on August (this close season is dragging isn't it ?).

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Thanks for the kind words folks,it's been very interesting following the fortunes of fellow boardees teams.
          Roll on August (this close season is dragging isn't it ?).
          First friendlies only about 6 weeks away.
          The Scots start next season before this one is over, I think.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
            Wise and generous words, scotty - many thanks indeed ER

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

ER has done a brilliant job, especially with the weight of Stockport's disappointing season on his shoulders, and an almost insurmountable pile of Russian symphonies to deal with.

I feel certain that Stockport are about to start an irresistable rise through the divisions ...
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                First friendlies only about 6 weeks away.
                The Scots start next season before this one is over, I think.
                There's nothin' else to do up here saint and since most of the Scottish footie followers don't blow the grouse to smithereens, there's no point hangin' around. Now where did I put that mashie nibblick?

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  There's nothin' else to do up here saint and since most of the Scottish footie followers don't blow the grouse to smithereens, there's no point hangin' around. Now where did I put that mashie nibblick?
                  JC, I have to admit to some accidental Scottish ancestry..and I have never heard of a mashie nibblick !!

Don't they shoot Capercaillie up there? (the birds not the band obviously.)

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

I thought this was interesting. An additional column with the grounds' capacity would have been useful. As Yeovil arrive in the Championship - congratulations, a great achievement - they have a ground with capacity of under 10000 including standing and have been given 3 years to get it up to championship standard. Their average crowd is currenty around 4000 - against this the Owls have a travelling fan-base of up to 6000 and when in Div 1 filled grounds around the land - I guess Huish Park will be full for every home match next season.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

...many thanks Rob ... er why are Stockport going to play only Russian Symphonies next season?

Barnet relegated was a sadness ... used to live very close to the ground and whiled away an afternoon wondering where places such as Telford were .....
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

A Sheffield Wednesday XI will face Blue Square Bet North side Stockport County in a testimonial game for ex-Owls striker Rodger Wylde at Edgeley Park on Tuesday 9 July.

edge, thanks for your tireless work over the season - your reward is a chance to see the mighty owls pre-season.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

i would like to thank Rob for his tirelessness over the season for presenting us with his invaluable service!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• John Wright
                            • Mar 2007

Many thanks edge. It's easier reading this thread than clicking round teletext or whatever they call it now
                            - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

by which I think we all mean " I hope its not my turn next season".

Anyway , back to the merry go round, Pulis gets the old heave ho, for turning Stoke from second level no hopers into solid PL team.
                              My son. who follows these things, says that Stoke have the most ungrateful fans in the PL. (apologies to any passing Stoke fans).
                              Seems their board are made of the same stuff.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                                ...many thanks Rob ... er why are Stockport going to play only Russian Symphonies next season?

Barnet relegated was a sadness ... used to live very close to the ground and whiled away an afternoon wondering where places such as Telford were .....
                                conference NORTH , Jazzer. For one season only, surely !

Comment

Working...
                                X