X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    footy outside the PL gets a shoddy deal.

well done to the Owls. I knew DJ would see you safe.
    Season still alive for Palace and the Foxes.

Good to see Huddersfield safe too.
    Thanks ts and for your pro Owls support throughout the season. Pleased that both Barnsley and Huddersfield have survived.
    Thanks edge also for your tireless efforts in keeping our interests informed. Hopefully there will be a revival of fortunes for County and Truro next season.

Comment

• Bullock in D

Cheers EdgeleyRob. Just got back from Brighton. The B and H Albion fans were fantastic to us today. I hope they make it. Meanwhile we are off to Shrewsbury......

Comment

• Anna

I never follow football, but, because I am a friend of Am51, I finally tuned into the match between Wrexham v Newport on Radio Wales for the second half. I wish I hadn't. The commentator said it was a schizophrenic day for Wales, North v South, and it was. Oh well, I really wanted Wrexham to win, for Ams, but then, the other half of me said, WhooHo! South Wales did it!
        Well, that's probably my one and only experience of football, international rugby is better, it's just tribal between nations, not bashing your neighbours.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

bad luck for Wrexham. No doubt they will do well again next season though, it is a real football town.
          It really should be three up three down from the league to the conference.

And the Buddies safe at last !! Hurrah !
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Anna

I know so little about footie I had to google that - The Buddies -St. Mirran. I didn't know you were Scottish.
            To be honest, I don't understand all the different leagues, (had never heard of the Bet Blue or Bet Fred or whatever) So Scottish teams have their own leagues and don't play English teams? That's cool but it won't get you to Wembly.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

bad luck for Wrexham.

Thanks ts. Where did I put that bottle of Macallan? We've been going to be safe for weeks and the Dundee manager, Bomber Brown, was trying to play the mind games...and they seemed to be working too. I can enjoy that trophy in comfort now!

Sorry about Wrexham - I was rootin' for them today; though half my mind was at Dens Park, so maybe I wasn't concentrating hard enough.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                I know so little about footie I had to google that - The Buddies -St. Mirran. I didn't know you were Scottish.
                To be honest, I don't understand all the different leagues, (had never heard of the Bet Blue or Bet Fred or whatever) So Scottish teams have their own leagues and don't play English teams? That's cool but it won't get you to Wembly.

not since they scrapped the annual battle re enactment between the two national teams !

St Mirren are John Corrigan's lot, so board solidarity.

The Fred Bet square conference national division 3 replay (north) .?.......don't worry about that sort of thing.
                Anyway, despite bad news for Wrexham, it's good to have a proper football team like Newport back in the league where they belong. Love those shirts . Had a subbuteo Newport County team as a lad.....
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Ah, a draw, yesterday, hmmm..........
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

[/B]

not since they scrapped the annual battle re enactment between the two national teams !

St Mirren are John Corrigan's lot, so board solidarity.

The Fred Bet square conference national division 3 replay (north) .?.......don't worry about that sort of thing.
                    Anyway, despite bad news for Wrexham, it's good to have a proper football team like Newport back in the league where they belong. Love those shirts . Had a subbuteo Newport County team as a lad.....
                    It's the future,for Stockport.

Today.

manyoo 0 Chelsea 1.Wassa Mata with utd fans?.Wouldn't it be funny if Chelsea pipped citeh for 2nd place?

Wrexham 0 Newport County 2.Absolutely gutted for Am 51 and all Wrexham fans,missing out yet again is so cruel.

Yes and Dundee's failure to beat Aberdeen means that St Mirren stay up,which is good news.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

Yes and Dundee's failure to beat Aberdeen means that St Mirren stay up,which is good news.
                      Don't think I've cheered an Aberdeen goal as much since this one, Rob.
                      John Hewitt's iconic winning goal against the mighty Real Madrid in the European Cup Winners Cup Final in Gothenberg 1983. An all time classic

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

worra weekend as Cilla might have said .... except in Scouseland where they bored the pants off with and end of season 0-0 derby ....

hard to know how to feel about Chelski; Luiz's antics rather spoiled the party i thought, he can have the manners of a real thug that lad ... someone should give him a quiet word in his shell like, but it won't be J Terry eh?

i had quite forgotten how astonishing a Lua Lua somersault can be!

no pocket money for Martin Jol and no Harrods Hampers for the lads on that poor showing ...
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Don't think I've cheered an Aberdeen goal as much since this one, Rob.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3k2TgSzj4
                          For all the talk about his unparalleled success at money-bags Man Yoo that still remains Fergie's finest achievement, imho. He temporarily broke up the Old Firm monopoly north of the border, and his relatively small club won the Euro Cup-Winners Cup in the process, beating Real Madrid in the final.

Staggering ... like something laughably unlikely out of Roy of the Rovers.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                            He temporarily broke up the Old Firm monopoly north of the border. [/I]
                            Scotty, don't forget, he got a helping hand from this cheery cheeky chappy.
                            Dundee United chairman Jim Mclean takes a rather aggressive approach when being asked about the future of manager Alex Smith
                            Last edited by johncorrigan; 06-05-13, 09:44. Reason: ...thought I'd show JM's true colours.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Scotty, don't forget, he got a helping hand from this cheery cheeky chappy.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7P7XJxATAA
                              ... first time I've seen that, John!!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                I never follow football, but, because I am a friend of Am51, I finally tuned into the match between Wrexham v Newport on Radio Wales for the second half. I wish I hadn't. The commentator said it was a schizophrenic day for Wales, North v South, and it was. Oh well, I really wanted Wrexham to win, for Ams, but then, the other half of me said, WhooHo! South Wales did it!
                                Well, that's probably my one and only experience of football, international rugby is better, it's just tribal between nations, not bashing your neighbours.
                                Cheers Anna, teams, ER et al for all the commiserations but Newport were the stronger team on the day. Good luck to them back in the league! I feel sorry for Kidderminster too who finished second in the Conference but lost out in the play-offs - they were ten points ahead of Wrexham at the end but didn't make it to Wembley. The promotion system for the Conference really does need looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X