• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Despite the celebratory feel with St Mirren winning the cup and Frank reaching 200 goals, some of our other teams didn't fare so well.

St Mirren 3 Hearts 2.Brilliant
    Spurs 0 Fulham 1.Safe in mid table.
    Chelsea 2 West Ham United 0.200 up for Frank Lampard,Blues 3rd.
    Wigan 2 Newcastle United 1.Toon in danger of being dragged in to the relegation scrap.
    Brighton 3 Crystal Palace 0.Not good,especially against their bitter rivals.
    thank you ER, as ever! yes, a mixed bag this week. An old nurse colleague of mine is a Palace fan and couldnt bring himself to say brighton!! Seagullllllllllllllllllllls!!! Alas with The Toon, a very bad referre decision and a bad decision on pardew's part in replacing Youan Guffran witrh Shola ameobi,and thuis changing the game to a more denfensive style, which obviously didnt work, as Wigan scored in the 90th minute!!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      thank you ER, as ever! yes, a mixed bag this week. An old nurse colleague of mine is a Palace fan and couldnt bring himself to say brighton!! Seagullllllllllllllllllllls!!! Alas with The Toon, a very bad referre decision and a bad decision on pardew's part in replacing Youan Guffran witrh Shola ameobi,and thuis changing the game to a more denfensive style, which obviously didnt work, as Wigan scored in the 90th minute!!
      That wigan win must have worried a few teams further up the table......
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

I feared the worst for Palace against the old rivals for some reason. All is still to play for, though, especially with Hull and Watford losing. Toon (with Palace man Pardew in charge) unlucky + their player in hospital after that gross foul.

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Thanks ER for the round-up. Congratulations to St Mirren for a forum trophy - I listened to part of the second half as the Spurs game sounded so dull. The commentator made Murray Walker sound like a Third Programme presenter

Three points for Hereford but they were 'shocking' according to the manager. A good win for Saints, but Stockport must now be getting seriously worried...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Strange things happen....Warnock is already negotiating an out at Leeds, due to Leeds looking like they are out of promotion race....three paraphrased quotes startle me...."seeing it looks like we are out of it, I've told them I'm not up for it unless they are promoted"...."gives them a chance to let someone else settle in for a push next season"....and one less startling...."you never know they might not be out of it mathematically, A lot can happen in football"....

Well done JC and Saints....hard luck to Toons....good ol'Robberto <a star>
            bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              Did big Jim play well?
              Like most of the team he had a dodgy first 25 mins, Rob - gave away some stupid fouls in some bad positions - but second half he was a bit of a rock and in that last 10 mins when things were getting dodgy he marshalled things pretty well against the Hearts onslaught - great to see him join the ranks of captains who've lifted a nice big trophy - he always comes across as a decent guy.

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Like most of the team he had a dodgy first 25 mins, Rob - gave away some stupid fouls in some bad positions - but second half he was a bit of a rock and in that last 10 mins when things were getting dodgy he marshalled things pretty well against the Hearts onslaught - great to see him join the ranks of captains who've lifted a nice big trophy - he always comes across as a decent guy.
                Up and about early in the day JC !!
                Hope you had a brilliant day. A terrific game, really enjoyed it .
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

11 Stoke 30 -8 34
                  12 Norwich 30 -18 34
                  13 Newcastle 30 -11 33
                  14 West Ham 29 -11 33
                  15 Sunderland30 -9 31
                  16 Southampt30 -10 31
                  17 Aston Villa 30 -25 30
                  18 Wigan 29 -21 27
                  19 Reading 30 -22 23
                  20 QPR 30 -22 23
                  pick three - it looks wide open to me .... Soton WIgan Villa and QPR finding some form, Stoke are not above a nasty slide ... and nor are the bigger guns below them in the table
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                    pick three - it looks wide open to me .... Soton WIgan Villa and QPR finding some form, Stoke are not above a nasty slide ... and nor are the bigger guns below them in the table
                    Rather hit and miss this season.
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                      My bet is Sunderland, Reading, QPR. Sunderland are on an awful run and have some very tough fixtures coming up. Reading just don't look like winning and QPR's brief recovery has fizzled out (and those two have too much to do). Anyone with 33 points and above now ought to be safe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Sunderland have my most unfavourite defender Titus Bramble....his ineptitude is legion....
                        bong ching

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                          Sunderland have my most unfavourite defender Titus Bramble....his ineptitude is legion....
                          His brother used to play (turn up) for Stockport,striker apparently,he was **** too.

Titus Bramble is to defending what Lionel Blair is to spot welding.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Glad it's not just me....surely behind his back he is called Titsup Bumble....[he was at it again at the w/e for 2nd(?) goal)....
                            bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

They should both fall into the Brambles,imo.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Scores update.

Monday.

Chelmsford 6 (that's six) Farnborough 0.

Tuesday (not a pretty sight).

Oldham Athletic 3 Hartlepool United 0.Can't see Pool getting out of trouble now.
                                Accrington Stanley 4 Wimbledon 0.Dons stiil just about clear of trouble but that win for Accrington means another forum team,York City,are now 2nd from bottom.
                                Gateshead 3 Hereford United 2.
                                Now then
                                Luton Town 1 Stockport County 0.By all accounts we were very unlucky,however our manager has been replaced today after just 50 days in charge,not sure where we go from here.

Comment

Working...
                                X