X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Have you noticed the names of our goalscorers - a pub quiz question for years to come?
    Spooky,even spookier if Hartley had scored first.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Have you noticed the names of our goalscorers - a pub quiz question for years to come?

Excuse me while I crank up the roflcopter.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        so on we go to citeh next week.....
        An' al tell you somethin',I'd luv it,luv it............

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for the round-up, ER. Generally a good few days for the forum teams - 11 wins, 5 draws, 5 losses. Hereford came back from 0-2 with 15 minutes left and have yet to lose a league game this year (and yet to win one ).

Odds shortening on Benitez being the next managerial casualty....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Odds shortening on Benitez being the next managerial casualty....
            oh i do hope so!

thank you ER great round up ..... Fulham seem imprisoned by playing MU again and again etc ....
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              If you don't want to know the results then you know what to do.

Thursday.
              Leicester City 2 Wolves 1

Friday.
              Sheffield United 1 Coventry City 2
              Bristol Rovers 2 Barnet 1

Today.
              QPR 0 Norwich City 0.Rangers have stopped conceding but can't score.
              Newcastle United 3 Chelsea 2.Forum derby,didn't expect that result.
              Wigan Athletic 2 Southampton 2.Saints must be due a win,maybe next week
              Fulham 0 man united 1
              Crystal Palace 2 Charlton Athletic 1
              Sheffield Wednesday 3 Brighton 1
              Hartlepool United 2 Notts County 1
              Wimbledon 1 Burton Albion 1
              Port Vale 3 Accrington Stanley 0
              York City 1 Morecambe 4
              St Mirren 2 St Johnstone 0
              Forest Green Rovers 0 Wrexham 0 :
              Hereford United 2 Southport 2
              Stockport County 3 Nuneaton 2.Some tippy tappy football too,nearly blew it though.
              The New Saints 3 Aberystwyth Town 0
              Chelmsford 6 Hayes & Yeading 2.
              Dover 3 Truro City 2
              Partick Thistle postponed

Yay!! Best news all week!!!!
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

enjoy bbm thought the magpies well worth their win! Sissoko looks a bargain!

somehow 'alles les villes' doesn't cut it any suggestions for a suitably French slogan for Newcastle?
                According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

St Mirren 2 St Johnstone 0
                  Well, I never signed up to that all those zillions of years ago when I got lifted over the turnstyle at Love Street. Three wins in three separate competitions within seven days - had to go and take a lie down and await today's draw.
                  Lennon signed a Portugese striker, Esmael Goncalves, just before last weekend's magnificent victory over the 'tic. Esmael scored the opener at Hampden, got one in the league victory midweek and slotted home two yesterday. Lookin' like a top signing.

Partick Thistle postponed
                  Thistle and Scotty in mourning at the loss of their rather fine manager to the Arabs who then went on to kick the Teddy Bears oot the Cup.
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 03-02-13, 11:20. Reason: from lying down position...

Comment

• Mr Pee
                    • Nov 2010

I borrowed Jack Dee's autobiography from the library the other day, and thought I would share with you his thoughts on Football:-

It will come as little surprise to you that I do not attend football matches. My default position is that if I want to watch a bunch of violent retards running around a pitch for 90 minutes then I'll apply for a job in the PE department at Parkhurst.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                      Well, I never signed up to that all those zillions of years ago when I got lifted over the turnstyle at Love Street. Three wins in three separate competitions within seven days - had to go and take a lie down and await today's draw.
                      Lennon signed a Portugese striker, Esmael Goncalves, just before last weekend's magnificent victory over the 'tic. Esmael scored the opener at Hampden, got one in the league victory midweek and slotted home two yesterday. Lookin' like a top signing.

Thistle and Scotty in mourning at the loss of their rather fine manager to the Arabs who then went on to kick the Teddy Bears oot the Cup.
                      Yes, young Jackie was a good player but I never foresaw him as management material, tbh, John. He's done a good job with us and very good luck to him! 3-0 against the 'Gers (in any league) is the perfect start for him, I'm sure.

As for the Jags, I'm sure many world-renowned candidates have already put in their applications for the most prestigious managerial vacancy in football ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Mr Pee View Post
                        I borrowed Jack Dee's autobiography from the library the other day, and thought I would share with you his thoughts on Football:-

If I wanted to be in the company of really good comedians I'd much rather go to any football ground in the country than have to listen to the distinctly unfunny likes of Jack Dee ...

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

I thought Dee was a game show host...

I have to translate these Scottish footy discussions...the teams aren't called where they come from, then they have bizarre and unrelated nicknames.And , sadly, I have never heard of most of the players, not even in a "Saints might be interested in" way.

But one day I would love to go to a game up there, nonetheless !
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

I have to translate these Scottish footy discussions...the teams aren't called where they come from, then they have bizarre and unrelated nicknames.And , sadly, I have never heard of most of the players, not even in a "Saints might be interested in" way.

ts How are you adapting to your new manager? - is Nigel a candidate for Huddersfield - mind you their board appear to move in an unpredictable way. I see D I Canio is in the frame!!!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Sorry ts...Rangers, Gers, Teddy Bears....Govan rhyming slang...others would say, Rangers, Gerrs, Huns, Cream Buns...East End Glasgow rs.
                              Dundee Utd - Arabs reputedly because of the heavy sanding they did to their pitches in the early sixties. Folklore says that in the days before the undersoil heating, in an attempt to make Tannadice playable the directors brought in a tar burner, which left the pitch grass-free, so they got lorry loads of sand and then painted white lines on the sand, the match was declared playable and the fans afterwards dressed as Arabs.

Comment

• scottycelt

Didn't you not so long invest in some SPL players like Fox, Hooveldt and Davis ... ? I think Hooiveldt hardly ever managed a full game for Celtic and now you probably understand why. Fox has a sweet left foot from what I remember and Davis can be pretty decent on his day.

Fortunately, there is some fresh, promising talent emerging after a couple of decades of virtual drought. We live in hopes for the future.

Remember football tradition north of the border is as least as old and romantic as yours and, yes, we have our bizzare nicknames like 'baggies' and toffees' as well ...

Comment

Working...
                                X