X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Luton v Millwall sounds like a nightmare!
    that was a bad night towards the end of a long era of bad nights.......
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      that was a bad night towards the end of a long era of bad nights.......
      The first match I ever attended was Millwall v Huddersfield Town in 1968, at the Den. Millwall won 5-3!!!
      Last edited by Guest; 27-01-13, 21:19. Reason: sister

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        The first match I ever attended was Millwall v Huddersfield Town in 1968, at the Den. Millwall won 5-3!!!
        never went to the old Den....too scared...the only ground I consciously avoided, including nottarf krap.

Spent a fun boxing day at your friends at the Valley in about 1977. about 3000 saints fans in the middle of a vast end terrace, no fences , just police horses circling us to keep the SE London mob at bay....
        Still we won, which was the main thing. !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

er i was delighted that les Bleus secured a draw, having missed all the rerun highlights i assume they were playing well above themselves! .... but it is an old pals act in W Lunnun innit ... bit more gate money for Brentford who may well not surprise ua at the Bridge! ... could never get past Hammersmith and the riverside pubs when i was a lad ...

watched the Oldham game and well played them is all i can say ... bet Brendan was looking at that centre forward wondering who he reminded him of ..... and Big Sam wondering when he was going to play like M Smith ...

and yep the biggest disappointment was the Seagulls despite 2-3 it would be cool to see Mr Poyet's team progress in the Cup ...
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Some spiffing midweek action this week including Villa v Newcastle.

A win in the 4th round replay could see Alison heading to Leicester for a 5th round tie against Wigan Athletic.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              er i was delighted that les Bleus secured a draw, having missed all the rerun highlights i assume they were playing well above themselves! .... but it is an old pals act in W Lunnun innit ... bit more gate money for Brentford who may well not surprise ua at the Bridge! ... could never get past Hammersmith and the riverside pubs when i was a lad ...

watched the Oldham game and well played them is all i can say ...
              Certainly don't recall such a Sunday of upsets - good day for the bookies I'd imagine. However, one guy from William Hill was on Radio Scotland today and said one punter in Peterhead had put a fiver accumulator on Brentford to draw, and Leeds, Oldham and the Buddies to win - end result sixteen thousand of your earth pounds to the lucky loon.
              Last edited by johncorrigan; 28-01-13, 19:47. Reason: loadsa fish!

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Certainly don't recall such a Sunday of upsets - good day for the bookies I'd imagine. However, one guy from William Hill was on Radio Scotland today and said one punter in Peterhead had put a fiver accumulator on Brentford to draw, and Leeds, Oldham and the Buddies to win - end result sixteen thousand of your earth pounds to the lucky loon.
                brilliant .Love to see them stuffed !

Who did you draw in the final ??!!

is Rudi still there?

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

brilliant .Love to see them stuffed !

Who did you draw in the final ??!!

is Rudi still there?
                  Hearts, ts on St Paddy's day at Hampden - Rudi's left the Jambos and gone to Dundee Utd these days.......thankfully as you can see from his record against us!
                  Rudi Skacel ➤ former footballer (Left Midfield) ➤ last club: 1.FK Pribram
                  Last edited by johncorrigan; 28-01-13, 20:16. Reason: whew!

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    Hearts, ts on St Paddy's day at Hampden - Rudi's left the Jambos and gone to Dundee Utd these days.......thankfully as you can see from his record against us!
                    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ru..._9524_465.html
                    wish had a record like that against any team when he played for us. TBF, an entertaining footballer. The "has Rudi signed for Saints yet " saga back in 2005 (?) was indeed of epic proportions.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

wish had a record like that against any team when he played for us. TBF, an entertaining footballer. The "has Rudi signed for Saints yet " saga back in 2005 (?) was indeed of epic proportions.
                      A total hero for the Gorgie Road faithful, ts. His parting gesture to Tynecastle was that on arriving at Dundee Utd he chose the number 51 shirt - couldn't have anything to do with the 5-1 trouncing of Hibs in last season's Scottish Cup Final, could it - he's Czech but he's maroon through and through - has done nothing for Utd - think they're letting him go.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Playing weakened sides and losing matches - a point which seems to be missed by pundits, managers and crowds is that making 6 or 7 changes to a side must mean that several players are actually thrown together on a pitch having not played together in a competitive match expected to outperform opposition who maybe have lesser technical ability but who perform as a team raising their game to try to win, often successfully. It's all very well to say the players are being given a chance to be selected for the top squad and yes they may be pampered and overpaid but are they being given the right training and experience and a level playing field for the job? Bradford City, MK Dons and Luton have worked hard to beat superior oppositition but have done so by team effort and players knowing each other's game.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Cracking result for Newcastle,2-1 win at Villa.Heard this described as a 9 pointer ? today.
                          Full midweek round up tomorrow as soon as Southampton have beaten manyoo.

Anyone remember this?

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

" Deadly Dull suburb ?" shurely shome mishtake ?

Interesting results. QPR are perking up, sadly for us. Villa are in big trouble.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Thank gawd we have a win at last!!Lol!! Hoping this will inspire Magpies to better things to come?
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Midweek forum action.

Monday -
                                Chelmsford 4 Dorchester 0

Tuesday -
                                Aston Villa 1 Newcastle United 2. Great result but what has happened to Villa ?
                                QPR 0 man city 0. Great point but Rangers need wins not draws.
                                Wrexham 2 Southport 2

Wednesday -
                                Fulham 3 West Ham United 1.Well done Fulham,West Ham could soon be in the relegation mix at this rate.
                                man united 2 Southampton 1.Even Fergie admitted Saint were unlucky.
                                Reading 2 Chelsea 2,2 points thrown away by the blueskis.
                                Huddersfield 1 Crystal Palace 0
                                St Mirren 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1.On a roll.

and Leicester currently1-1 with Wolves .

Comment

Working...
                                X