X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
    Glad you got your win Cloughie and yes, to answer your question of ten days ago, I and my fellow Dons will become Owls over the first weekend in January, like most of the country I expect.

Gloomy post-match atmosphere in the Kingsmeadow bar yesterday. As it happens, we played well (not that I saw much, as I was doing my volunteer stewarding and checking tickets into the main stand). We were on top for most of the first half and were unlucky to lose to a late goal. We looked dangerous going forward and at times got Rotherham rattled. Toby Ajala impressed with his pace and footwork and won MOM. Our back four are now reasonably solid and if we can build on yesterday we have a decent chance of staying up. But it's dispiriting to plug away and not get even a point.

Problem is, Terry Brown (who achieved massive success for us) had a revolving door strategy in recent months and the team hasn't had time to settle. He also used up most of the player loans allowed, so Neal Ardley has his hands tied. People are hanging their hopes on the January transfer window now, although we've also got to the stage where our playing budget is pretty stretched.

Gurnemanz, point taken about Selhurst and thanks for correcting me. Although Palace are our most enduring derby rivals, we got a lot of support from their fans during the MK saga, and there's a lot of sympathy for the travails you've been through.
    Thanks LL, much as we need to concentrate on the league a cup run is a good confidence boost provided we can avoid replays.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Corinthians 1 Chelsea 0.

Alas no cup for the forum cupboard

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        Maybe this should really be on the Pedants' Paradise thread, but surely Sheffield Wednesday get a result every week - usually a defeat or a draw.
        football...language/lnguistics..different rules !
        In football the sound of the crowd can reach a crescendo.......but in the concert hall......

As for Chelsea...just like liverpool, whenever you need them to get a result (!), they let you down.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

...and how .... les miserales not in it eh ... that is the end for Torres ... missed a sitter at the end ... and i read they are interested in that thug Felaini
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

I hope we have a win soon!?!?!?
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              I hope we have a win soon!?!?!?
              saving it up for that trip to the Amex, maybe ?!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Ah wish i could go to that one but with evertything else going on i not siure i be bable to go. Might contact a mate though(so may have to0 be a Seagulls fan!?!?!?
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Just a couple of forum results to report.

Leeds United 1 Chelsea 5
                  Southport 3 Stockport County 1

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

that's the way lose out to a big kid and bully a smaller one .... and Fernando was still pretty woeful ....
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      Just a couple of forum results to report.

Leeds United 1 Chelsea 5
                      Southport 3 Stockport County 1
                      Stockport seem to be on the crest of a slump right now. The all important holiday programme is just the time to put things right .

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Stockport seem to be on the crest of a slump right now. The all important holiday programme is just the time to put things right .
                        I hope so ts.
                        Saturday's game at Gateshead already in doubt apparently.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Yahoo!!!! Christmas present of a Friday night 2-1 win taking the Buddies eight points clear of the bottom of the table - thanks ! Hope all the other Board teams are visited upon likewise over the coming weekend!

Comment

• amateur51

Four-thousand-three-hundred-and-two souls turned up to watcjh the top-of-the-Conference clash between Grimsby and Wrexham last evening and saw Ross Hannah's late goal (77mins) send Grimsby to the top of the Blue Square Bet Premiership.

Reading the report it could have gone either way & suggests that both sides are in good form - the outcome of the Christmas fixtures will be crucial at the top it seems (says our Stating The Obvious correspondent.) Back to you in the studio, Dolores

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

...sorry i missed it ams but i was dining with the ladies ..... real cod fresh from the quay! in a tiny pub in the middle kingdom!

best of luck to da bored teams ...West Lunnun seems to be having a bit of a rest

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Four-thousand-three-hundred-and-two souls turned up to watcjh the top-of-the-Conference clash between Grimsby and Wrexham last evening and saw Ross Hannah's late goal (77mins) send Grimsby to the top of the Blue Square Bet Premiership.

Reading the report it could have gone either way & suggests that both sides are in good form - the outcome of the Christmas fixtures will be crucial at the top it seems (says our Stating The Obvious correspondent.) Back to you in the studio, Dolores

Crucial, but perhaps not decisive, Gary.

Edit: Good luck to the board teams today...lets hope the weather holds up.

Comment

Working...
                                X