X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Does'nt look as though that QPR be staying up this season? HR has quite a struggle with this team, imo?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aeolium
      • Nov 2010

Good round-up, ER - thanks. And yes, things have looked a bit brighter for Hereford of late: a run of games without defeat and two cup wins, plus the forthcoming TV money from the Cheltenham-Hereford FA Cup tie (which I may well be going to).

Btw, the al-Habsi goalkeeping error in the Wigan-Reading game was also pretty bad.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
        Btw, the al-Habsi goalkeeping error in the Wigan-Reading game was also pretty bad.
        Blimey,you're right aeolium.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

many thanks ER .....

the blimey! team for me are WBA ....

Fulham scarce turned up at all .... [i find Soke & Mr Pulis unlikeable i must confess]
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            many thanks ER .....

the blimey! team for me are WBA ....

Fulham scarce turned up at all .... [i find Soke & Mr Pulis unlikeable i must confess]
            Please please please let's have a Chelsea win today.
            Work next week with all them Citeh fans would be unbearable otherwise.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              Please please please let's have a Chelsea win today.
              Work next week with all them Citeh fans would be unbearable otherwise.
              I think I've only wished for a Chelsea victory once and that was in the 2012 Champions League final. Otherwise my northern (Marple) roots nearly always lead me to support a northern club over a London one.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                I think I've only wished for a Chelsea victory once and that was in the 2012 Champions League final. Otherwise my northern (Marple) roots nearly always lead me to support a northern club over a London one.
                Ah Marple,a hotbed of Manchester City support

Apologies to Am51,I missed Wrexham 5 Rushall Olympic 0.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Ah Marple,a hotbed of Manchester City support
                  That was probably true when I lived there, but I still walked 4 miles to watch Stockport County myself.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

That was probably true when I lived there, but I still walked 4 miles to watch Stockport County myself.
                    Commendable EA,if only more Stockport resident football fans had shown the same dedication to their local team over the years maybe,just maybe,our beloved little club would not be in such a lowly position.
                    The same could apply to so many small clubs in the greater Manchester area.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Commendable EA,if only more Stockport resident football fans had shown the same dedication to their local team over the years maybe,just maybe,our beloved little club would not be in such a lowly position.
                      absolutely ER.

All the "portsmouth fans " who popped up in the Salisbury area when they reached the PL have disappeared. Like the many blackburn fans we had in the area about 15 years ago.

Reading have a sudden inexplicable surg in popularity that coincides with times that they are in the PL !!
                      Can't see the point in supporting a team you have no connection with.

I have been lucky, as a kid I could hear the crowd at the Dell from our house...got the bug, and I have been lucky to support a relatvely successful team. (JPT trophy for instance !!)
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Thank you, ER. It was more expensive to stand on the Terraces at Edgeley Park (5/-) than to do the same at Old Trafford (4/-). And County was the first club to chage a minimum of 50p. The headlines ran "Ten bob soccer" as though it was an outrage.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

We have So'ton away today!!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Fine fine win, Sainty.

Convincing performance from the Foxes at Wednesday. Some good midweek action coming up.

Thanks Edgers for the Chelmsford results.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              We have So'ton away today!!
                              A bit of freefall going on there, Bbm; the curse of the 8-year contract at work, I suspect!

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

Was that when Stockport were a division above City with Mr Megson in charge?

Comment

Working...
                                X