X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmpH
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Away team should skulk out first to derisive booing etc, foolowed by heroic entrance of home team WITHOUT music.
    ts - the only time I have been to a game at St Mary's ( some years ago ) the home team ran out to the sound of " The Saints are coming " by The Skids - excellent track and band. Almost as good as the sound of the crowd's savaging of a certain Mr Savage who was playing for the away team that day !

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

>>>>I can't take all this best of luck stuff ....I for one am behind the goal waving my hand up and down after opposing strikers miss....<<<<

With a venom I usually reserve for the French Rugby team....

I particularly hate Tony Pulis being urbane and reasonable....(even if this only happens once in a blue moon)
      bong ching

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

A thrilling last gasp win for Leicester at the Riverside. I like our clutch of teams.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
          ts - the only time I have been to a game at St Mary's ( some years ago ) the home team ran out to the sound of " The Saints are coming " by The Skids - excellent track and band. Almost as good as the sound of the crowd's savaging of a certain Mr Savage who was playing for the away team that day !
          They still play The Skids track...one of my fave bands back then. I keep hoping a run to the cup final (or something) will see the value of my original copy of the EP soar !!(Really wish i had invested a bit more cash in the 12 " red vinyl editions back in 78 !!)

Players like mr Savage.....part of the fun !!
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            I like football

Paul Scholes masterclass on telly now btw.
            I LOVE FOOTBALL ...

In my admittedly not-so-humble opinion Paul Scholes is still the best long-passer of the ball in the game. A true professional ... rare skill allied with 100% effort at all times.

'A Manager's Dream' may be a cliche but Fergie knew exactly what he was doing when he enticed this guy out of retirement.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
              I LOVE FOOTBALL ...

In my admittedly not-so-humble opinion Paul Scholes is still the best long-passer of the ball in the game. A true professional ... rare skill allied with 100% effort at all times.

'A Manager's Dream' may be a cliche but Fergie knew exactly what he was doing when he enticed this guy out of retirement.
              Don't know if you noticed my comment about Scholes the other week. I had the pleasure of seeing him play at SMS, in the first PL game I had seen live in 7 years.
              In a game full of quality players(some of them playing for man u !!) he came on with about 30 mins to go and made the rest of the players look like part timers.
              Sheer class.

incidentally, a BIG united fan told me just after that , that at OT a few years ago, Giggs and scholes were on the bench. Apparently they were on the pitch at HT, doing volley keepie ups to each other...and they were on the edges of the two penalty areas !!!!!!!!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                I LOVE FOOTBALL .
                One of the most desired scores in footie is of course that one day James Alexander Gordon would have to read on a Saturday afternoon , East Fife five Forfar four. But today from Paisley, after a rollickin' afternoon on Radio Scotty, the commentator went bonkers as Thompson scored from an overhead kick with seconds to go to break the 4-4 deadlock in the Buddies' favour - I nearly drove off the road. I love footie too, Scotty......and certainly on days like this.
                Last edited by johncorrigan; 29-09-12, 21:25. Reason: just checking it really happened!!

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  One of the most desired scores in footie is of course that one day James Alexander Gordon would have to read on a Saturday afternoon , East Fife five Forfar four. But today from Paisley, after a rollickin' afternoon on Radio Scotty, the commentator went bonkers as Thompson scored from an overhead kick with seconds to go to break the 4-4 deadlock in the Buddies' favour - I nearly drove off the road. I love footie too, Scotty......and certainly on days like this.
                  Ah yes...like places on the road where you run over a rabbit...you never forget those spots.
                  They actually renamed the turning off the A303 to Salisbury "Kevin Davis corner" after he scored the only goal of the game for Saints against Man u, as i was at that exact spot, when I was driving home from a trade show. I missed the turning.

Comment

• scottycelt

No, team, I've probably been too busy trying to put the world to rights on other threads and have rather neglected the most important one of all!

Both Giggs and Scholes are great professionals and it'll be a sad day for not just Man U but the whole game when both finally hang up their boots.

Even more sadly, I think they are among the last remnants of skilled players who always display total 'club commitment'.

I believe genuine football fans of all clubs respect and admire players of that increasingly unique calibre.

And just seen your post, John ... well done the Buddies, and congratulations to you, of course, and as I was born in what was then rightfully Renfrewshire I feel I can now share in some of the glory as well!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      I like our clutch of teams.
                      It's a select group Alison.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

does anyone think that Martin Jol was a touch lacking in tactical ambition yesterday ... they could take Man City at home surely and in playing fro a draw he gave them enough room to get the winner ...
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          does anyone think that Martin Jol was a touch lacking in tactical ambition yesterday ... they could take Man City at home surely and in playing fro a draw he gave them enough room to get the winner ...
                          Bit odd what he said. Hope he messes up next sunday also......

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Surely Man U must have the most uninspiring coaching staff....none of them seem to change their expressions, nor raise their bums off their seats, nor even say anything to one another....Sir Alex rarely ventures into the tech area to give direction....Evra (accident waiting to happen) is captain yet seems to offer no vocal ....and continually slows plays down....One wonders whether Man U use the stats analysis and pitch flow/player movement charting that is so essential in the modern game....made hard work of that....
                            bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

...yep the glacial phase of l'ancien regime ....
                              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Best wishes as usual to all our teams this weekend,except Hereford.
                                Another forum derby coming up on Wednesday,Stockport v Wrexham.

Comment

Working...
                                X