X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Sorry spoke too soon but there's plenty of time......
    That is the problem, not the solution, AG........ !!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Not much to cheer about today for our teams.
      The Jags still flying the flag though.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        ... The Jags still flying the flag though.
        Never had any doubt ... pure talented brawn will come good in the end ... that's something over-hyped teams like Barca have yet to learn.

Comment

• scottycelt

Well, they seem to be learning already ... Barca are playing in Thistle colours this evening.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
            Well, they seem to be learning already ... Barca are playing in Thistle colours this evening.
            It would seem that Messi and crew are starting to up the ante in the mind games ahead of their encounters with Celtic in the 'Champs' League, by filling the 'tic with the reminders of a trip to Maryhill, scotty.

The real Saints beat Hearts yesterday - an irregular but wonderful occurrence. The Perth Saints got a nice result against Celtic, but result of the day was surely Annan Athletic managing a no-score draw against the 'mighty' Glasgow Rangers - now sitting 4th in the 3rd division. I know it probably won't last but it's nice to enjoy.
            Last edited by johncorrigan; 16-09-12, 11:20. Reason: Mighty annan!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
              result of the day was surely Annan Athletic managing a no-score draw against the 'mighty' Glasgow Rangers
              Not when one had Rangers as the banker away in one's Saturday flutter though.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                Not when one had Rangers as the banker away in one's Saturday flutter though.
                OOOOOps - sorry Rob! so no this week! Rangers can roll teams over in front of 40000 or more at Ibrox - but every time they go to one of these wee Scottish towns and play in front of a couple of thousand and a few seagulls, it's a cup-tie and Rangers are struggling with it.

Comment

• John Wright
                  • Mar 2007

Coventry City are now bottom-equal in League Div 1 (old division 3).

Meanwhile for our son-in-law playing in little Iceland premier league, a draw last night was enough to secure the league championship for his team FH (Fimleikafelag-Hafnarfjordur) - yes that's why they are called FH. They'll be in the first round of Champions League next summer!

Very proud of the contributions he has made with regular appearances throughout their summer season

Which is great, except the wages are not great, like English League 2.
                  - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post

Meanwhile for our son-in-law playing in little Iceland premier league, a draw last night was enough to secure the league championship for his team FH (Fimleikafelag-Hafnarfjordur) - yes that's why they are called FH. They'll be in the first round of Champions League next summer!

Very proud of the contributions he has made with regular appearances throughout their summer season

Well done to Danny and the lads....pay rises all round hopefully !!
                    don't worry about Cov...we were bottom of L1 2 years ago...look at us now, bottom of the PL !! Hurrah !!
                    And don't forget, poopey have 10 points to be deducted yet, so that will get you off the bottom !!
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post

Yes very well done John - pride is justified - our Shola super sub comes on again to round off what seems to have been an excellent game.

Comment

• John Wright
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Well done to Danny and the lads....pay rises all round hopefully !!
                        Pay rise? Eh, well there is a bonus. And he gets a medal, first for many a year, in fact since he was a kid (played for England under16s).

don't worry about Cov...we were bottom of L1 2 years ago...look at us now, bottom of the PL !! Hurrah !!
                        And don't forget, poopey have 10 points to be deducted yet, so that will get you off the bottom !!
                        Cov.... I despair, we haven't even got a manager at this moment, we haven't got a stadium (owe six months RENT, yes we RENT our stadium for 100k a month, how silly is that) in fact I don't think we've got an 'owner' as such.....

Excellent game anton? I hear there were some excellent disallowed goals!
                        - - -

John W

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Indeed John - brilliant Geordie tweet

Shola Ameobi's chest is in a different league to Kate Middleton's.....!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Shola Ameobi's chest is in a different league to Kate Middleton's.....!
                            Tell Shola to keep his shirt on if he scores - them Paps are everywhere!

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Cov are in a right old mess....sad times for them.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Cov are in a right old mess....sad times for them.
                                Indeed,such a shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X