Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Can't believe it's taken Italy so long to score against Ireland who have been hanging on for dear life.
    I hope the floodgates don't now open because that would be a real shame, especially for the Irish fans.
    Wee spoiled darlings ... some of us have known little else.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

To mark the passing of tonight's mediocre performances - and hasn't that been the story of the third lot of matches - I'm bringing back my last sentence of post 1520:

I wouldn't like to predict if we will get to the semi-final and play Germany but if we do I think the winners of that match will win the tournament.

Roo.............neee..........eee(y).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
        Roo.............neee..........eee(y).
        Cometh the hour.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Yes thanks Beef. I think there was a short time when my two teams were 1 and 92 in the alphabet. Not sure if there was a week when they also occupied those positions. Arsenal first, obviously yes, but York last? Surely not.

(Now to Ireland v Italy as it sounds like things are happening)
          Arguably having returned to the league via playoffs they are correctly placed, but well set to improve on that give a couple o breaks (NO NOT KIT KATS!)

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            Arguably having returned to the league via playoffs they are correctly placed, but well set to improve on that give a couple o breaks (NO NOT KIT KATS!)

I hope so cloughie. We could do with some higher attendances though.

Another quality video from Rob there. Where does he find 'em?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

............Final Score - Viktor Kassai 1 Nicola Rizzoli 0.

To mark the England success tonight - and hasn't that been the story of the matches in Group D - I’m bringing back the second half of my ninth sentence in post 1520:

I believe we have an outside chance
              Last edited by Guest; 19-06-12, 23:00.

Comment

• JohnSkelton

It's Fulham in the Europa all over again. Knock Shakhtar Donetsk out; beat Juventus; beat Wolfsburg / Hamburg ... Ukraine, Italy, Germany ...

... then lose to Atlético de Madrid in the final. Written in the stars (and Ray Lewington as assistant manager. Just the same).

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Geoff Hurst's 2nd goal didn't go anything like that far in.
                  The good thing is that Sepp Blatter might take some notice, now that England have benefitted from a goal-line error.

Comment

• Beef Oven

To mark the England success tonight - and hasn't that been the story of the matches in Group D - I’m bringing back the second half of my ninth sentence in post 1520:

I believe we have an outside chance
                    Wrong balls?

The rules are clear, the whole of the ball must be over the line. But which ball?

The photo proves that John Terry's left gonad is not completely over the line and his right one is in the clear.

Comment

• Parry1912
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      The good thing is that Sepp Blatter might take some notice, now that England have benefitted from a goal-line error.
                      You're surely not suggesting that Septic Bladder is anti-England!
                      Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• AmpH
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                        Geoff Hurst's 2nd goal didn't go anything like that far in.
                        You're right about GH's ' goal ' because it probably didn't go over the line

As regards goal line technology, never fear, good old Sepp and the Bladders are on the case with the trials of the 2 systems ( Hawk Eye and GoalRef ) which reached the final stages of FIFA's evaluation process due to be discussed at their next meeting in July 2012. As I understand it, if ( and this cannot be taken for granted ) one or both of the systems are ' approved ' then if will up to national associations if / when / how etc one of the systems is implemented - cue more FA / Premier League arguments !

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                          Wrong balls?

The rules are clear, the whole of the ball must be over the line. But which ball?

The photo proves that John Terry's left gonad is not completely over the line and his right one is in the clear.
                          the rule is nuts.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            the rule is nuts.
                            Does it specifically say in the rules that the line must stay in the same position for the full 90 minutes?

I only ask because while there was clearly movement on some parts of the screen, other parts, including at the corner of the pitch, appeared to have simply freeze framed.

Anyhow there was an offside. Rumours that someone from Ecuador stole the Ref's whistle are unfounded. Justice was done.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              the rule is nuts.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

[/I]
                                Well it wasn't as over the line as this.
                                Shame it was Ukraine and not Germany though.

What goes around......

The Seppmeister is now saying video technology is a must,whereas Platini reckons the 5 officials see everything

No footy tonight
                                Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 20-06-12, 18:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X