Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Wow!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

strewthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh worra strke that was! hawa the toon etc!
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Nice clean strike, but can't see it getting past "Super" Kelvin Davis !!

Worthy of MLT that one ..............
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• John Skelton

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
          strewthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh worra strke that was! hawa the toon etc!
          There's this bloke down the pub says it's a fluke. Says he was aiming for the corner flag to run down the clock and he's mishit it, like. That's what this bloke down the pub says. Look at the way it swerves, says this bloke down the pub. Proves he never meant it.

Supports QPR, he does (this bloke down the pub). He says it's not right, two footballers called Cissé. He also says Bobby Zamora is a sulky xxxxxx.

I could've told him that.

Comment

• scottycelt

Some commentators and pundits can be quite irritating. The onlooker had only to observe how Cisse suddenly took quite deliberate aim and smacked it towards goal to realise he meant it all right, yet some have to dishonour the precious moment by suggesting the player 'didn't mean' to score, as if he was really some undercover agent working on behalf of the opposition.

Then there is this 'on target' nonsense. Hit the ball straight at the keeper from two yards and, hey, well done, son, you're awesome ... you've managed to hit target and your manager will be thrilled to bits. Yet, woe betide the player who hits a rasping drive from 35 yards which just creeps past the post with the keeper well beaten, as that is dismissively recorded as being 'off target', and quite possibly even demonstrating 'a lack of quality in the final third'

Comment

• John Skelton

Never look at football message boards, but if by accident ...

The idea that Cissé fluked that goal got some support on an mb I take a look at. What's weird about the idea is, as you say, the way he takes aim, but also the failure to recognise the technique and skill involved - how he deliberately strikes the ball to get that curve, and how remarkable that is. It makes you wonder what they actually see on a Saturday (or a Sunday. Or Monday evening etc.).

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Messageboard teams with work to do in the playoffs.

Get latest news, scores, fixtures and results of The National League

Comment

• John Wright
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                  Some commentators and pundits can be quite irritating.....
                  What really pee-ed me off during the United vs City game was the lead commentator repeatedly coming out with statistics, and some darn silly ridiculous statistics. Yes the usual, scored most against United... scored most free kicks against United.... then scored most from over 25 yards..... most assists from corners.... ok but what about scored most goals on a Monday..... ridiculous.
                  - - -

John W

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

press coverage

Barcelona beaten will we ever forget .......
                    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                      Some commentators and pundits can be quite irritating. The onlooker had only to observe how Cisse suddenly took quite deliberate aim and smacked it towards goal to realise he meant it all right, yet some have to dishonour the precious moment by suggesting the player 'didn't mean' to score, as if he was really some undercover agent working on behalf of the opposition.

Then there is this 'on target' nonsense. Hit the ball straight at the keeper from two yards and, hey, well done, son, you're awesome ... you've managed to hit target and your manager will be thrilled to bits. Yet, woe betide the player who hits a rasping drive from 35 yards which just creeps past the post with the keeper well beaten, as that is dismissively recorded as being 'off target', and quite possibly even demonstrating 'a lack of quality in the final third'

As someone who could never understand just why football laces had to be so loooong, I'm full of admiration for M Cissé

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                        Messageboard teams with work to do in the playoffs.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/results.php
                        Yes Wrexham got a right royal thumping, cheers Eric Morecambe's boys

I went to see my new heart doctor yesterday

Good is he?

Oh yes. If you're at death's door he's just the man to pull you through

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

I went to see my new heart doctor yesterday

Good is he?

Oh yes. If you're at death's door he's just the man to pull you through
                          ...he is a she but otherwise ...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                            ...he is a she but otherwise ...
                            I hope everything's going ok in that department, Calum

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

me too ams me too ...

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

That Cisse goal will be the goal of the season, as far as I am concerned! I don't know why people say it was afluke? Itwasn't. It's Cisse piure talent that scored that goal!
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X