• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    buying Shearer , and Jack Walkers squillions helped a bit !!
    ...and Kenny as Manager...

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
      ...and Kenny as Manager...
      to be fair to Blackburn, they get a lot of Flak for being poorly supported, but I read somewhere that per head of population they are the best supported club in England.
      I think the same is said of Dunfermline north of the border.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Skelton View Post
        I gather it was. One or two on the beach or on their way to other clubs, perhaps. Even with Fulham's generally poor away record Goodison stands out as a disaster, though. Every season with fail. Amazing that we get any away support there.
        do fulham have a similar home fixture where they capitulate without effort each season? if so, could you save it for us next year please?!
        would like to get to Fulham next season as its one of the few southern grounds i haven't done........

As for Trips to goodison, you must have a long way to go to beat our spectacularly pathetic record against them in the 80's and 90's, surely............16 without a win home and away I think it was !!
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• John Skelton

Blackburn - they were relegated several years after winning the title (Roy Hodgson was sacked in between) and came back up with Fulham (champions) and Bolton (2000 / 2001). That's the only season (?) all three promoted teams have stayed up and they've managed 11 years without a relegation between them. At least one of Blackburn / Bolton looks set to go this year. The 1982 / 83 season was the one I felt most proud about, most emotionally attached to, and most ripped apart over, when we blew promotion under Malcolm Macdonald to the First Division (and it became apparent that the club was seen as a potential asset strip with Craven Cottage as real estate). Then the years of decline. It still feels odd how established Fulham are.

Generally very good at home, teamsaint. Sorry. I did see us at play you at The Dell, but that was a while back. Perhaps Chris Baird will be back at Southampton next season? He's peripheral under Jol, which is a shame. After an awful start with us he's been a versatile and quietly impressive performer. And always turns up.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

JS, I'd forgotten about Blackburn been relegated at the end of RH's season.

New England manager?

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

H O D G S O N ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

They must be having a larf...........please say they are having a larf????

Please??

Comment

• John Skelton

Don't know about Roy as England manager. Fulham reaching the Europa final was a remarkable thing; generally he improved the club massively. And he has experience of managing national as well as club sides - although

at Fulham everything was based on week in week out methodical training and by rote organisation, and getting a group of players to follow that enthusiastically however repetitive. Will that work with England? (is it possible with England?) I don't think he stood a chance at Liverpool; they all wanted Dalglish. It will be the first time I've actually supported England in years, with Roy in charge .

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                  Late member
                  • Nov 2010

looks odds on he will be manager of England very shortly .... it would cost some ÂŁ10m to free Redknap from his Spurs contract .. i have been quite impressed by Hodgson very good at both Fulham and West Brom and bad timing and lousy politics at Anfield ... and England are not too hot any way so abandon hope, drift along with the flow and smile .... it is the hope that kills you ...
                  According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Lord Mersey

If Roy Hodgson gets the England job you could not pay me to watch them. I have had a season ticket at Liverpool for 43 years and under Hodgson saw the worst football there I have ever seen.
                    I reckon that Hicks and Gillet appointed him because he was cheap and would do what they wanted.

It would appear that the FA are about to follow the same course. Under him England will become extremely dull and boring. Examine his record and he has won very little.

Comment

• John Skelton

He's remembered with admiration and, generally, affection (and much gratitude) at Fulham - I wish him well.

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Roy is a good manager.
                        he wasn't right for Liverpool.........but then who is?

he would do a decent job for England, but I doubt he will win anything....nobody else has away from home .

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          Roy is a good manager.
                          he wasn't right for Liverpool.........but then who is?

he would do a decent job for England, but I doubt he will win anything....nobody else has away from home .
                          I doubt he will do any worse than the list of his disappointing predecessors. He did better than his predecessor at West Brom, but then look at what he has now gone on to do at Chelsea. Funny old game, and time and place is important. Don't think Hodgson will set the world, or in this case Europe alight but he'll do a sound job , if selected.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

I just hope he is the right manager for england. Three again, when has England had the right manager?
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Lord Mersey

1966!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

Lets hope he will bring a bit of Respect for the manager back into the dressing room....there certainly has been a lack of that since GH, KK, SGE, SMc, FC....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X