X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    They did to be fair, if Messi had scored the Ramires goal we'd have never heard the end of it.
    There's nowt wrong with parking the bus when needed btw.
    In my paper this morning Messi got 4/10, Ramires 9/10 - seems a fair assesment.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

yep parking the bus and scoring goals is a winning strategy at the round ball game
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Well I got to hand it to Chelsea! Didn't they do well!! Well done!!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Well done Torres, laid this ghost to rest.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Wow! No Barca, no Real!! I'd love to have been the betting man who at the start of the comp laid £100 on a Bayern / Chelsea final.

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
              They did to be fair, if Messi had scored the Ramires goal we'd have never heard the end of it ...
              True, but Messi (who admittedly has gone off the boil in the last couple of games) has tended to score similar-such goals just about every other match this season, and he has countless other tricks up his sleeve and on his boots.

The marvellous feature of Tuesday night's goal was the almost lazy, nonchalant manner in which it was expertly executed, especially when one remembers the time, circumstances and venue. That's what makes it particularly special.

It just has to be one of the finest goals I've ever seen, after watching football for over half a century (including Partick Thistle!)

As for the game itself, I did like the Sun headline yesterday. (I do hope the sports editor doesn't get 'a bollocking' from Old Rupey )

TERRY SENT OFF, MESSI MISSES PENALTY, CHELSEA REACH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, BUT MOST INCREDIBLE OF ALL ...

TORRES SCORES!

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                Wow! No Barca, no Real!!
                Chelsea could be lulled into false security ONLY Bayern to beat. Aren't they a German Team?

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Bayern looked a very tough nut to me. And in front of their own crowd, frantic and after years in the wilderness, in a HUGE European final with a lot at stake? Hmm.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Yes. Bayern were a top side for years. Did Beckenbauer manage them for a while?
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• John Skelton

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      Yes. Bayern were a top side for years. Did Beckenbauer manage them for a while?
                      He played for them for 13 years, managed them twice, was club President for 8 years and is now chairman of Bayern's 'advisory board'.

Of the present side Bastian Schweinsteiger is close to being the best midfielder outside Barcelona (IMHO) in Europe, Franck Ribéry on his day is amazing, Mario Gómez is a fine striker, Arjen Robben is still a brilliant player (and still can't stay on his feet: it'll be interesting to see who spends more time looking up appealingly at the referee, him or Drogba ), Philipp Lahm is a top player etc.

Bayern humbled Manchester City in the group stage and relished doing so: they don't take kindly to les nouveaux riches.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

les nouveaux riches
                        that phrase hardly applies to Chelski, they have had serious lolly for a few years now .... nouveaux these days is a term that expires yesterday innit .....

German Penalties etc etc ....

character will out eh Terry is banned again and Torres did score a spectacular definitive goal ..... how nice all round i'd say .....

no doubt it will be a nervy tight chess game in midfield ..... but i am off to the bookies to find out the odds on a Torres hat trick!
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          .... nouveaux these days is a term that expires yesterday innit .....
                          Or when the unholy Roman Emperor pulls the plug!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Or when the unholy Roman Emperor pulls the plug!
                            I do think of thgis. What would happ;en to a club like Chelsea, who have a super-rich owner, then when that owner ios gone, what happenb's next? Might seem a bit stupid thing to say but when it does............
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Flay
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              I do think of thgis. What would happ;en to a club like Chelsea, who have a super-rich owner, then when that owner ios gone, what happenb's next? Might seem a bit stupid thing to say but when it does............
                              Have you been drinking, Brasso?

I do agree - teams get taken over, huge salaries ensue, a very vulnerable situation. Look at Glasgow Rangers, what a mess (and Leeds United)
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

ah yes leeds .... Ken innit?

what happens is that another oligarch stumps up or yer club is busted ...

Comment

Working...
                                X