Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Forgive me,I am looking out for so many MB teams it's hard to keep track.Well done the Minstermen (does anybody still call them by that nickname?).
    I do. But officially it is back from Kitkat Crescent to Bootham Crescent.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Yes well done Bath City too,sad to see them go.
      It's amazing how a team can play well when their fate is sealed or the pressure is off,can't help wondering where Stockport might have finshed had they played all through the season like they played yesterday.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

blimey the toffees were a sticky match for the MU machine!! [sorry!]
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Yes well done Bath City too,sad to see them go.
          It's amazing how a team can play well when their fate is sealed or the pressure is off,can't help wondering where Stockport might have finshed had they played all through the season like they played yesterday.
          No offence, ER, but I really wish people would stop saying how well teams can play when the pressure is off !!!

Unless they are talking about Leicester City, of course !
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            Owls 2 Carlisle 1, MKDons 1 Blades 0

Leapfrog week next week?
            I hoipe not! We seem to bve doing rather well at the moment. On our own and at the expense of others!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

much as i would like Wigan not to be relegated, i have to admire the other West London team and acknowledge that Martin Jol is now getting Fulham going rather well ... i rather fancy being curious about Brentford next season ....

and the cor blimey of the summer will be if Roman A pays an absolute kings ransom to bring the Special One back to the Bridge
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Congratulations to Chelsea on a magnificent result in Barcelona tonight.
                What an incredible game,it had everything.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Barca the victim of their own excellence and method. Astonishing. Sorry. I thought it might have been heroic unbelievable.
                  Fully expect Chelsea will be swept away by Real, and if it's Bayern [ which I doubt], don't forget that the final is in MUNICH!!
                  All that beautiful football wasted, and all we will get in the final might well be dogged, galumphing Chelsea? Did they have luck tonight? Every major break went their way.

Pah.

Still, di Matteo has done a fantastic job there. Have to agree.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

oh what a tempered joy dracoM

allez les bleus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• aeolium
                      • Nov 2010

I was listening to it as I don't have Sky, and it did sound as though in the second half Chelsea formed a sort of Roman shield around their penalty area but the strategy appeared to work as Barca had very few scoring chances, just the penalty and the Messi shot turned onto the post by Cech (and Barca sounded weary after the 'clasico' confrontation at the weekend). An amazing performance by the 10 men but with those key players missing for the final, I'll be surprised if Chelsea can come out winners.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                        Late member
                        • Nov 2010

jammy dodgers

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                          jammy dodgers
                          as fergie said......"Football.......Bloody Hell".

Just when you think you have seen it all, you realise you haven't !!

Anyway, well done chelsea, pity Barca won't grace the final.....I suspect they will come knocking for SRL and Lallana in the summer now !!
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

they scored two great goals .... allez les bleus!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

They did to be fair, if Messi had scored the Ramires goal we'd have never heard the end of it.
                                There's nowt wrong with parking the bus when needed btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X