X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parry1912
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
    The Chelsea FC owner has more money than .....
    QPR's Lakshmi Mittal ... no, wait a minute, he doesn't!

Which just goes to prove that money isn't everything in football after all.
    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Possibly because he is from LaLa Land [and I don't mean Leicester]....

....have to look out those 70's photos of me with chopper sideburns....
      bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        .....or because Roman wants to have a decent run in Europe?
        That's one ...vision!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

I'm afraid it's been proved a decent run isn't good enough....
          bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

did you realise John Wison of Front Row R4 fame....is the son of Bob Wilson Arsenal....
            bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

did you realise John Wison of Front Row R4 fame....is the son of Bob Wilson Arsenal....
              er ... well that is not his fault is it ............... ? something of a misfortune tho being born into the goonersbury set
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                Yes, but not to be confused with the John Wilson of Proms 'Hooray for Hollywood' fame.

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Any predictions on who will win the Premiership, City or United?

Mario

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

well I think united's experience may yet see them home.

My eyes tell me that citeh play the "best" football.......but fergie is a wise old owl, can play the mind games, and may have a trick or two up his sleeve.

At level stakes, i would still fancy united........though i haven't checked the run in.

Anyway, too worried about our two home games and Reading's apparently unstoppable form to really worry about it.
                    I actually have to want poopey to get something at reading tomorrow night......
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• scottycelt

There is something about all of Ferguson's sides that makes me plump for United. They can be very ordinary like yesterday, but still get a result and a vital one at that! Individually, City may have better players but I'm not not so sure about them as a 'team'.

Manchester will be unbearable if City win the title, and Ferguson just won't allow it to happen, believe me ...

So when United eventually retain the trophy will you buy me that cool Maltese beer you once promised me, Mario .... ?

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

and talking of poopey, didn't there used to be a poopey fan on this board? trying to think who it was.........

Whoever it was seemed ok for one from the wrong end of the M27 !!
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Auferstehen2

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post

So when United eventually retain the trophy will you buy me that cool Maltese beer you once promised me, Mario .... ?
                          Scottycelt! I would be utterly delighted to! Tell you what, since you're unlikely to come here (probably too warm for you, you'd melt), I'll bring a bottle of Cisk (the "C" is as in charge, not as in cake) to Manchester with me. It is an excellent beer.

I also must remember to stop off at Oxford to see a fellow MB who's become a close friend.

Mario

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Might just come down to which club has fittest players....and avoids injuries....MU have the deeper squad I think....also which club goes out of Euro League first....

>>>>a bouncing back Chelsea under the steward ship of Roberto ,might have an effect on title yet....
                            bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Auferstehen2 View Post
                              Scottycelt! I would be utterly delighted to! Tell you what, since you're unlikely to come here (probably too warm for you, you'd melt), I'll bring a bottle of Cisk (the "C" is as in charge, not as in cake) to Manchester with me. It is an excellent beer.

I also must remember to stop off at Oxford to see a fellow MB who's become a close friend.

Mario
                              Pop down to my neck of the woodsto Mario! Have some Real Ale!! (or whatever your tipple is!!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                                Manchester will be unbearable if City win the title
                                Stockport will be unbearable if Citeh win the title

I think Manyoo have the 'easier' run in, the derby at the end of April could be crucial.

Comment

Working...
                                X