Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

S'alright....Ukraine is off shore and safe....
    bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

I can't see Hodgson at all.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

I couldn't see Mclaren, Keegan, Taylor....yet it still happened
        bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          I can't see Hodgson at all.
          Your name Kenny?

Comment

• John Skelton

The Liverpool job did for Roy. Should never have left Fulham.

Martin Jol would make a good England manager. Honest he would.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Neil Warnock.

Comment

• Anna

Didn't David Beckham say he'd love to be the England Manager? Or, someone that everyone loves = Gary Linneker? (OK, I know nothing about football ....) But both of them are so rich it'd save a load of money as they'd do it for free and could be inspirational to the players ......... Just a thought

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  Neil Warnock.
                  As an Owls supporter it's in my contract to object to Colin as a choice!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Mike Basset or my son who gets league 2 teams into Europe on playstation

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                      My son who gets league 2 teams into Europe on playstation
                      I genuinely believe, and strongly, that the next England manager should be chosen using a national lottery. Nobody would be able to buy more than one ticket. Whoever is selected gets the job and an average salary.

There is absolutely no evidence for a link between pay in football and results. If you disagree, prove me wrong. And arguably the link between experience and results is so tenuous as to be just as unscientific.

85% of people would regard my suggestion as a joke, whether supportive or not. That is how far people have taken leave of their senses. The perpetuated beliefs are not merely ludicrously expensive but utter fantasy.

Comment

• Beef Oven

86%?
                        Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                        I genuinely believe, and strongly, that the next England manager should be chosen using a national lottery. Nobody would be able to buy more than one ticket. Whoever is selected gets the job and an average salary.

There is absolutely no evidence for a link between pay in football and results. If you disagree, prove me wrong. And arguably the link between experience and results is so tenuous as to be just as unscientific.

85% of people would regard my suggestion as a joke, whether supportive or not. That is how far people have taken leave of their senses. The perpetuated beliefs are not merely ludicrously expensive but utter fantasy.

Comment

• Beef Oven

I'll swap you Peter Eustace for Martin Peters. I got a few other doubles that you might be interested in. In fact, I'll give you the choice of any 5 cards if you let me have that Barbirolli Bruuckner 7 for £3.00.

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          As an Owls supporter it's in my contract to object to Colin as a choice!

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                            86%?
                            Well if you think that last winning the world cup in 1966 justifies the millions spent on managers since, you are one of the brainwashed. I suspect that the big bucks paid to one individual remind average supporters of the army during the Empire. Safer to feel attached to a concept of strength rather than to risk reality in a common sense, more equal, world.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Calm down Lateral! I was only suggesting that a mere 1% more would think that your cool reasoning was supporting a suggestion that could be considered a joke.

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
                              Well if you think that last winning the world cup in 1966 justifies the millions spent on managers since, you are one of the brainwashed. I suspect that the big bucks paid to one individual remind average supporters of the army during the Empire. Safer to feel attached to a concept of strength rather than to risk reality in a common sense, more equal, world.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I am calm enough. Having first set foot in Highbury in 1971, and been a card harder since card schemes were introduced, I took scissors to the card at the end of last year. I also now switch the radio off whenever football is mentioned other then non league. Basically I could no longer justify paying to attend a sport that has become one of our principal national asylums. The King Canute mentality of those who carry on with it regardless never ceases to amaze. It is a mass hysteria as acute as extreme Islamism.

Comment

Working...
                                X