• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

film qpr etc ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aeolium
      • Nov 2010

Although I played football at school and as a student, I was more interested in rugby (the early 1970s being the start of the era of Welsh dominance) though at that time the attitude seemed to be that rugby (union at least) was a bit of a wimp's game compared with football. I couldn't understand that until a friend at school took me to Chelsea v Leeds - I think in 1971. The crowd was huge, perhaps around 60,000 in the old Stamford Bridge ground, with mainly terraces. I was thrilled to see very skilful players who had become legends - people like Bremner and Giles, Allan Clarke, Lorimer, Osgood, Hutchinson, Hudson. But the match itself was so hard, with brutal tackling - those were the days of Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter - that it was almost frightening (though not as bad as the F A Cup replay the previous year between the same teams, where it was reported that the referee would only give a free kick on production of a death certificate).

I did go to a few games at Swansea's old ground, the Vetch (overlooked by Swansea Prison, and it was said that in the bad years of Swansea languishing in the Fourth Division, prisoners were sent to watch as a punishment) but it was such a dismal experience that I soon switched to watching rugby at St Helens and, where possible, Wales playing in Cardiff. I'm glad though that Swansea are flourishing now, and playing an attractive style of football.

Nowadays the attitude seems to be that football is for wimps and rugby is the game for men....

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Ah, back to normal today! Who will be the winners and chasers?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

well les bleus face a resurgent black cats team ... AVB v O'Neill .....

i do not understand the Zamora Jol split .... and Jol has just been very rude about Hughes so that derby will be a needler eh ... an interesting season between Fulham and QPR!

and come on Spurs!
          Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 14-01-12, 14:01.
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
            I did go to a few games at Swansea's old ground, the Vetch
            The Vetch Field, I remeber it well.Watched Stockport play there a few times in the 70's

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            THIS
            Arsenal 0-0 SouthamptonPlayed on a snowy Highbury. Includes small analysis with Alan Mullery (Spurs)

is proper football.

They don't make goalkeepers like Eric Martin anymore.
            And a proper commentator too! They don't make 'em like Brian anymore.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Well, we have QPR tomorrow(cant remember if we at home oir away though!!
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• vinteuil
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Well, we have QPR tomorrow(cant remember if we at home oir away though!!
                Sunday 15 January, 1.30pm: Newcastle v QPR at Newcastle.

Which means that there'll be a chance of finding a parking place here in W12, al'hamd'ul'illah...

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Get's further and further away!!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Nice round-up of recent events at Wrexham - 'we' won on Saturday away and have gone top again by two points

David Conn: Wrexham, now owned by a supporters trust, are making headlines for the right reasons again as they look to bring Newcastle to the once-threatened Racecourse Ground

And if 'we' beat Brighton in the FA Cup on Tuesday evening, a home tie against Newcastle will be 'our' reward

A totally heartwarming story I hope you'll agree

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Nice round-up of recent events at Wrexham - 'we' won on Saturday away and have gone top again by two points

David Conn: Wrexham, now owned by a supporters trust, are making headlines for the right reasons again as they look to bring Newcastle to the once-threatened Racecourse Ground

And if 'we' beat Brighton in the FA Cup on Tuesday evening, a home tie against Newcastle will be 'our' reward

I do agree, well done Wrexham.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

I'm happy!! We beat QPR, and so i am above MrsBBMs team Liverpool!!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

It might just be if it were true ... the oldest football competition in the world? ... absolute nonsense!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                            It might just be if it were true ... the oldest football competition in the world? ... absolute nonsense!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...l.cfm?page=792
                            Ah, B & H Albion is my local league club. This will be interesting!! (
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Wrexham Hero In Cup Preparation Drama ......

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...l.cfm?page=792
                                This must be a first for you scotty - letting facts get in the way of a good story

Comment

Working...
                                X