Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Funny thing about Sir Richard of Lambert is that he seems to be improving as he gets older !! he is an intelligent player, great passer, great finisher, ice cool from the spot. Has taken to this level like a duck to water.........would love to see what he could do in the PL, (but in a Saints shirt obviously). If he keeps banging them in, he may get his chance.

Funniest rumour of the summer was that portsmouth were trying to prise him away from us !!

seems you were a bit unlucky late on not to snatch what would have been a good point yesterday, ER .
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Just to point out that Wrexham are top of the Blue Square Bet Premiership and have been for some time, albeit only on goal difference.

The club is now owned by a Supporters' Trust and Glyndŵr University which owns the ground ... and the manager has finally got a contract

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Just to point out that Wrexham are top of the Blue Square Bet Premiership and have been for some time, albeit only on goal difference.

The club is now owned by a Supporters' Trust and Glyndŵr University which owns the ground ... and the manager has finally got a contract
        Yes nice to see Wrexham doing well.They and their fans have had a tough time of it recently.I hope they can make it back into the football league.

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Any comment on the latest Hatters episode, Rob, or is the blood pressure still on the high side?

(Don't worry, I'm following the fortunes of a club even lower in the BSP than Stockport...)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            Yes nice to see Wrexham doing well.They and their fans have had a tough time of it recently.I hope they can make it back into the football league.
            Fleetwood won last night so Wrexham are second now with a game and 3 goals in hand. Such excitement!
            Last edited by Guest; 30-11-11, 13:50. Reason: losing the toon

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

poor ol ER. Still , we have all had bad days, and at least you won't have THIS replayed 40 years after your 7-0 drubbing.

Soccer Saturday panel look back on the great piece of showboating by the entire great Leeds team of 72.

We have never been allowed to forget it !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                poor ol ER. Still , we have all had bad days, and at least you won't have THIS replayed 40 years after your 7-0 drubbing.

Soccer Saturday panel look back on the great piece of showboating by the entire great Leeds team of 72.

We have never been allowed to forget it !!
                Cheers TS. Hopefully things can only get better.
                Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                Any comment on the latest Hatters episode, Rob, or is the blood pressure still on the high side?

(Don't worry, I'm following the fortunes of a club even lower in the BSP than Stockport...)
                No comment

Who's your team aeolium? There are only 3 below us.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                  • Nov 2010

(Man U 1 Palace 2)

Just one word which I would like to contribute to this thread after 20 years of hurt:

EEAAGGLLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Darren Ambrose's 40 yard drive was described by Gary Neville as the best goal he had ever seen at Old Trafford)

Comment

• aeolium
                    • Nov 2010

Who's your team aeolium? There are only 3 below us.
                    The one at the very bottom, Bath City, due to a family interest in someone who plays for them. They keep turning out decent performances (e.g. away to Cambridge the other night) but hardly ever win and sometimes contrive to lose from positions of strength (e.g. 1-0 against Southport with 2 minutes of normal time to go, lost 2-1).

They are mostly part-time footballers and the club has a very welcoming set-up. Ken Loach is a director and whenever I've been to home games he has been there (usually standing on the terraces - no prawn cocktails). They had a good season last year but now the writing looks on the wall...

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Bath city were one of the giants of the non league game back in the days when I used to take the odd trip to Twerton.(1970's).

As for the Eagles, well done. Life is never dull for that lot, but its not often successful either.

Enjoy the semi, hope you get a day out at wemberlee. Haven't seen the ambrose goal yet, but looking forward to it.
                      (hope you have forgiven us for 1976 !!)

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                        The one at the very bottom, Bath City, due to a family interest in someone who plays for them. They keep turning out decent performances (e.g. away to Cambridge the other night) but hardly ever win and sometimes contrive to lose from positions of strength (e.g. 1-0 against Southport with 2 minutes of normal time to go, lost 2-1).

They are mostly part-time footballers and the club has a very welcoming set-up. Ken Loach is a director and whenever I've been to home games he has been there (usually standing on the terraces - no prawn cocktails). They had a good season last year but now the writing looks on the wall...
                        Not looking good for our teams.

Comment

• John Wright
                          • Mar 2007

Coventry now bottom of the Champi.... that second division. Boy I'm glad I didn't renew the season ticket
                          - - -

John W

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
                            Coventry now bottom of the Champi.... that second division. Boy I'm glad I didn't renew the season ticket
                            they were very poor, when I saw them,i'm afraid. Was hoping they might perk up today, but they let us down !! Long winter ahead, especially if Juke goes in the window.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

My team l;ost to Chelsea 3 - 0, at home!! Hmmm, what with the name change Mike??
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Good results for Wrexham and Bath City and Stockport didn't lose (because we didn't play).
                                Minor blips for Newcastle and Southampton I'm sure (the saints were my banker away today btw TS).

Comment

Working...
                                X